PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: "Trent Edwards most impressive QB in Bills camp"

The Answer
08-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Losman homers - take notice:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=2994374&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d2994374

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
• According to daily observers at Bills camp, rookie Trent Edwards has clearly been the most impressive quarterback thus far. J.P. Losman undoubtedly remains the starter heading into Week 1, but considering that he was drafted by the old coaching regime, coach Dick Jauron has no particular loyalty to him. Edwards -- a Stanford product -- was given a glowing endorsement by the late Bill Walsh prior to the draft, and apparently everything Walsh highlighted about the youngster has come to light. Edwards quickly supplanted Craig Nall as No. 2 on the depth chart, and his numerous preseason repetitions could carry over to the regular season if Losman struggles

~The Answer

raphael120
08-28-2007, 02:02 PM
In other words...it's JP's job....to lose.

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 02:03 PM
The fins drafted the wrong qb :snicker:

THATHURMANATOR
08-28-2007, 02:05 PM
I like and hate this. I hate QB controversies.

TacklingDummy
08-28-2007, 02:09 PM
I like and hate this. I hate QB controversies.

I don't care as long as our QB of the future comes out of it.

THATHURMANATOR
08-28-2007, 02:10 PM
Agreed.

duhbilz
08-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Does it really matter who the QB is, as long as the Bills win??

TacklingDummy
08-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Does it really matter who the QB is, as long as the Bills win??

The problem is the Bills haven't been winning. Due in large part because of the QB situation the past 6 years.

Wally The Barber
08-28-2007, 02:16 PM
I like the press and I like the hype!
What did the Bills pay for Rob Johnson I forget?

TigerJ
08-28-2007, 02:18 PM
When Holcomb was the option to Losman, I wanted Losman to be the starter. It was no contest. Now that Losman is the starter, I hope that he continues to play well and get better. However, I'm thrilled that Edwards looks like a great draft pick for the Bills with a future as a starter. If it becomes clear that Losman is struggling and lit looks like he may continue to struggle, I will not be at all averse to giving Edwards his shot. I remind the Answer that game conditions are very different from the very controlled environment of practices in training camp. Losman deserves the starter designation as a consequence of his play in the latter part of the least season. If Losman's play as a starter affords Edwards the chance to mature a bit before he's thrown into the fire that may be good for Edwards. It will give the offensive line longer to gel.

The Answer
08-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Love JP or hate him - The Answer has maintained all along his days are numbered for some of the facts alluded to in this piece and other articles in the past:

1) JP is a donahoe/mularkey guy and not a Levy/Jauron guy.
2) He's in a no win situation in 2007 because he's going to have to have a probowl season at minimum if this team doesn't win many games this year to even ensure he'll be back going into 2008.
3) Edwards was drafted with a 3rd rounder when this team had all kinds of other holes to fill.
4) Despite Edwards w/l record in college, he came from a big time program and conference, Losman didn't.

The Answer just don't see how Losman is going to make it here in the long run.....

~The Answer

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Edwards will push JP and JP usually responds well to adversity. Kewl.

Playoffs baby!!!!

duhbilz
08-28-2007, 02:21 PM
The problem is the Bills haven't been winning. Due in large part because of the QB situation the past 6 years.

Oh I agree, but if the QB were Mickey Mouse and the Bills were 12-4 or 13-3 every year and a constant playoff team would anyone really care who the QB is?? Nope, RW Satdium would be selling Micky Mouse ears like hot cakes!!

The Answer
08-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Oh I agree, but if the QB were Mickey Mouse and the Bills were 12-4 or 13-3 every year and a constant playoff team would anyone really care who the QB is?? Nope, RW Satdium would be selling Micky Mouse ears like hot cakes!!

Huh?

Are you a troll or something?

~The Answer

LtBillsFan66
08-28-2007, 02:30 PM
I'm not a JP Hater, but I aM an Edwards Enthusiast!

HAMMER
08-28-2007, 02:32 PM
If Losman really struggles early this season the folks at OBD need to make a reasonably quick decision. This team is not a contender this year and if Losman is not the guy then get Edwards the reps now so he is ready for a solid year next year.

Meathead
08-28-2007, 02:37 PM
um edwards is not the number two

theyre giving him added reps in practice and games cuz they know what they have in nall and want to accelerate edwards development

but if jp goes down its guaranteed to be nall first off the bench

stop the madness

The Answer
08-28-2007, 02:40 PM
If Losman really struggles early this season the folks at OBD need to make a reasonably quick decision. This team is not a contender this year and if Losman is not the guy then get Edwards the reps now so he is ready for a solid year next year.

That's exactly what will happen if we get off to another horrid start and the offense isn't doing anything.

Looking at the schedule it's very realistic we could go open 1-6 given the calibur of teams we will be playing and if that's the case get ready for the start of the Trent Edwards era.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 02:43 PM
As impressive as he was at camp, He's not close to being in JP's class. It'll be another year or so before we can even consider a qb controversy. Let's not forget he's been playing against camp fodder.

mikemac2001
08-28-2007, 02:46 PM
The answer is a tool

dude just comes here to start trouble...he picks the qb pos because he knows it has two sides to it, well me i root for the bills i believe we can win with JP but if edwards nall or even brian moorman plays QB and we win ill be happy

So the answer (troll) why dont u leave

The Answer
08-28-2007, 02:47 PM
As impressive as he was at camp, He's not close to being in JP's class. It'll be another year or so before we can even consider a qb controversy. Let's not forget he's been playing against camp fodder.

Yes - but not only against, also in terms of what he has had to work with too.

The Answer would love to see him behind the starting oline and having a chance to throw the ball to Evans, Price, Lynch, etc.

~The Answer

thecoordinator
08-28-2007, 04:14 PM
so if you're starter doesn't play well we might see the backup? breaking news...

Wally The Barber
08-28-2007, 04:19 PM
so if you're starter doesn't play well we might see the backup? breaking news...

No, you play Losman in crotches! (lol)

raphael120
08-28-2007, 04:19 PM
I think we'll see a lot of Trent, perhaps playing with some starters on Thursday. Who knows. If I were Jauron I'd keep my starters out there til our offense has a successful drive and when our defense forces a three and out.

ibatiger
08-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Losman homers - take notice:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=2994374&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d2994374

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
• According to daily observers at Bills camp, rookie Trent Edwards has clearly been the most impressive quarterback thus far. J.P. Losman undoubtedly remains the starter heading into Week 1, but considering that he was drafted by the old coaching regime, coach Dick Jauron has no particular loyalty to him. Edwards -- a Stanford product -- was given a glowing endorsement by the late Bill Walsh prior to the draft, and apparently everything Walsh highlighted about the youngster has come to light. Edwards quickly supplanted Craig Nall as No. 2 on the depth chart, and his numerous preseason repetitions could carry over to the regular season if Losman struggles

~The Answer

There's two things wrong with this thing. First, it's a media report and the media is usually wrong. Secondly, it's a national media report and the national media is ALWAYS wrong. Edwards has had a horrible camp aside from his play in the games when he has done nothing but dump it off to pad his stats. It's not his fault. He just doesn't know what to do with the ball and that is understandable at this point. Anybody who suggests that Edwards has had the best camp of the three QBs loses all credibility right there. Other than when he has been dumping it off in the preseason games he has thrown it to the defense about as much as the offense when going downfield. He's a rookie. And a typical rookie at that. It really doesn't matter if Losman stinks it up this year as far as Edwards is concerned because he is lightyears from being able to play effectively in this offense.

ibatiger
08-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Yes - but not only against, also in terms of what he has had to work with too.

The Answer would love to see him behind the starting oline and having a chance to throw the ball to Evans, Price, Lynch, etc.

~The Answer

He's had more of a chance to throw the ball than anybody. He can't make a decision and just dumps it off. At this point in his development it's not who he is throwing to that is making any difference to him. It's that he doesn't know where to throw the ball and when to throw it, except for the check down to the back. And when he's been in there it's been against the most vanilla defenses with 3rd stringers or worst. Why do you think that little two yard pass to Jackson works everytime for 10 or 20 yards? If he had faced the defenses Losman has faced he not only wouldn't have been able to throw it downfield, but he would have had to make a decision quicker as well. He's nowhere near ready for prime time. He's so far away that it is also a waste to even consider continuing to take Nall's reps away from him as well. Nall needs to be as sharp as possible in case Losman gets hurt or, dare I say, continues to play like he's in some kind of a funk. Either way the answer sure ain't Edwards. Unless you want our defense to be on the field about 45 minutes a game. No, on second thought, since I've been a Nall supporter all along, please get Edwards in there as soon as possible. That would be one sure way to get Nall on the field.

North_Coast
08-28-2007, 05:12 PM
um edwards is not the number two

theyre giving him added reps in practice and games cuz they know what they have in nall and want to accelerate edwards development

but if jp goes down its guaranteed to be nall first off the bench

stop the madness

It took 16 previous posts before somebody noticed that the original ESPN article is full of bull manure?

BTW, has anyone actually seen Edwards make a throw downfield?

Philagape
08-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Trent Edwards is the greatest Dumpoff To Fred QB ever.

Mitchy moo
08-28-2007, 06:27 PM
I just hope JP really gets it this year and stops the madness of no playoffs, it's driving me crazy.