• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Losman assesses the offense

A quote by Losman from Chris Brown's blog

"We talked about it with Steve (Fairchild) in practice the other day. We said, 'We're better than we thought we were going to be, but we're not as far along as we thought we would be.' So it's kind of contrasting right now. We're not as sharp as we want to be, but we are better than we thought we could be. That is a dangerous thing, so we do need our coaches to stay on us and harp on us all the time to not let us slack and players need to own up and take that responsibility on themselves as well. It really hasn't been all that bad from our standpoint. We're looking at the film and we know what went wrong here or there. It's probably going to make us better in the long run. Make us focus a little bit more. Make us realize it's not just going to happen, we've got to make it happen."

I think what Losman is saying is essentially that the Bills think they are potentially more explosive than they had expected they would be, but their execution has sucked. At least he has a good attitude and is able to be honest about that.
    Last edited by TigerJ; 08-28-2007, 03:07 PM.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Re: Losman assesses the offense

Originally posted by TigerJ
    A quote by Losman from Chris Brown's blog

"We talked about it with Steve (Fairchild) in practice the other day. We said, 'We're better than we thought we were going to be, but we're not as far along as we thought we would be.' So it's kind of contrasting right now. We're not as sharp as we want to be, but we are better than we thought we could be. That is a dangerous thing, so we do need our coaches to stay on us and harp on us all the time to not let us slack and players need to own up and take that responsibility on themselves as well. It really hasn't been all that bad from our standpoint. We're looking at the film and we know what went wrong here or there. It's probably going to make us better in the long run. Make us focus a little bit more. Make us realize it's not just going to happen, we've got to make it happen."

I think what Losman is saying is essentially that the Bills think they are potentially more explosive than they had expected they would be, but their execution as sucked. At least he has a good attitude and is able to be honest about that.
    What a shocker! Losman already making excuses for his lousy play and the season hasn't even started.

~The Answer

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

I completly agree with your assesment Tiger. And to be honest their lack of execution can be blamed specifically on repitition (or the lack of). All of Losman's misguided plays to Lynch were timing issues. Lynch will also get better hitting the hole with time. What sucks is that this team is going to have to use the regular season for further preparation.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by The Answer
        What a shocker! Losman already making excuses for his lousy play and the season hasn't even started.

~The Answer
        You really should read what he said so you don't write stupid posts.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

~The Answer
          What a shocker! An egomaniac that refers to himself in the 3rd person finds solace in creating controversy on a message board.

That is one of the most idiotic things that I have ever read.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

Yes!, "The answer" is an improved ignore function

Time will tell. They are definitley not in full synch, and they've shown no consitency. Unless being consistently unconsistent is considered consistent.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

I hardly listen to JP. He yaps too much.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

~The Answer
                Care to point out where in Losman's quote there is any kind of a hint of an excuse? Remember what an excuse is. It is saying, "It's really not my fault and there is nothing I can do about it."

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                  Care to point out where in Losman's quote there is any kind of a hint of an excuse? Remember what an excuse is. It is saying, "It's really not my fault and there is nothing I can do about it."
                  troll.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    I hardly listen to JP. He yaps too much.
                    I don't understand a thing in this comment ""We talked about it with Steve (Fairchild) in practice the other day. We said, 'We're better than we thought we were going to be, but we're not as far along as we thought we would be."

So you thought you would be terrible but you simple just suck. I guess you can consider that better.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                      I don't understand a thing in this comment ""We talked about it with Steve (Fairchild) in practice the other day. We said, 'We're better than we thought we were going to be, but we're not as far along as we thought we would be."

So you thought you would be terrible but you simple just suck. I guess you can consider that better.
                      I provided you with the interpretation, TD. Didn't you read it?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                        that's a haters interpretation. Not mine.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

JP talks like a BOA post.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                            Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                            • Dec 2005

~The Answer

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              You really should read what he said so you don't write stupid posts.
                              I'm not sure that is sufficient.
                              "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

Working...
                              X