PDA

View Full Version : DT Joe Salave'a cut by Redskins

OpIv37
08-28-2007, 03:01 PM
It's being reported on www.redskins.com.

He's 32 but I think he's worth a look on a 1 or 2 year contract. He's definitely better than Anderson and might be better than Tripplett.

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 03:05 PM
I don't think MArv wants an aging Manboob reject.If thats the case he would've kept SPikes and Fletcher. I think He wants players who will be around a few years that will grow with the team.

OpIv37
08-28-2007, 03:07 PM
maybe so, but we don't have a whole lot of options at this point. Clearly the DL needs help and the only growing Anderson is doing is around the waistline.

Dr. Lecter
08-28-2007, 03:08 PM
While Anderson does suck and should be cut, he actually played well Friday night.

One game in 4 years is not any good, but I was shocked at his performance.

TigerJ
08-28-2007, 03:10 PM
I don't think Marv would be averse to a bandaid or two if it helps win games. I don't think there is a lot of evidence of upside in Anderson's game, so the Bills aren't really givng up on his future development. I certainly wouldn't want this guy instead of McCargo or Williams.

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 03:13 PM
maybe so, but we don't have a whole lot of options at this point. Clearly the DL needs help and the only growing Anderson is doing is around the waistline.

I agree, but we should replace him with a player that has room to grow and guys that can push each other. The mistake of TD was bringing guys like Fletcher and Spikes and tried to compliment them very raw players like JP.

By the time guys like JP developed, the others are too old to do anything significant. That's exactly what happened which is why our team young and guys like SPikes are gone.

We will pay because of our youth but JP (if not him Edwards) is young enough to grow together with Poz and Lynch. Just like Kelly and co. The only vet we brought in that's questionable was Whittle but that was obviously McNally's request.

OpIv37
08-28-2007, 03:17 PM
well are there any young DT's available who might be able to grow with the team? If not, I agree with Tiger- I think we should be willing to bring in a vet who can help win games.

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 03:21 PM
well are there any young DT's available who might be able to grow with the team?. I'm sure our FO are keeping an eye out.

If not, I agree with Tiger- I think we should be willing to bring in a vet who can help win games.
If there are any, they're probably taken as far as our coaches are concerned.

Wally The Barber
08-28-2007, 03:40 PM
This is a pretty good DT, very solid against the run !
I would love to have him and he is not a reach player!
I think you will see him in town this week for a tryout!
Marv's type of player!

Mad Bomber
08-28-2007, 03:43 PM
We could use a DT that's good against the run. He's worth a look.

The last buffalo fan
08-28-2007, 03:46 PM

I'm more with the idea, of giving the young guns more play time, but any help will be more than welcome. :up:

Wally The Barber
08-28-2007, 03:47 PM

There will be others teams looking at him...trust me!
He has had some injury problems

http://www.joesalavea.com/joenfl.asp

Ickybaluky
08-28-2007, 04:53 PM
He played on the Desert Swarm defense with Tedy Bruschi at Arizona.

raphael120
08-28-2007, 05:21 PM
I'd take him over crybaby Darwin Walker.