PDA

View Full Version : Big John Wendling fan here

Wally The Barber
08-28-2007, 04:31 PM
I have gone back and watched the tape of the games this preseason and I can not tell you how impressed I am with John Wendling.
I think you will find Wendling as the guy most teams would love to have on their roster in a few years!
He is never out of postion and he is probaby even with Donte Whitner on the Bills hardest hitters!
Unless he becomes injured, I don't see how he can miss!

At 6'1" and 222lbs I think he might make a great LB should the Bills decide to play him there.

http://www.niagara-gazette.com/Buffalo%20Bills/gnnbuffalorbills_story_232233538.html

66" hurdle Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0P-22hhrW4

I am telling you, this was a huge draft for the Bills, HUGE!

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 04:53 PM
I even forgot he existed. That's how much of an impact he's made in preseason games.

Wally The Barber
08-28-2007, 04:56 PM
I even forgot he existed. That's hoe much f an impact he's made in preseason games.

Come on your joking, right?

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Come on your joking, right?
nope. Looks Like he's headed to the PS .

Wally The Barber
08-28-2007, 05:02 PM
nope. Looks Like he's headed to the PS .

I do not see anyway that happens, we will see!

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 05:02 PM
I do not see anyway that happens, we will see!
I've heard Wilsons name called before Wendlings during preseason games.

Wally The Barber
08-28-2007, 05:05 PM
I've heard Wilsons name called before Wendlings during preseason games.

Some team will grab him fast if buffalo trys to slip him through and he is a great special teams player.
We will see, I think he makes the roster easily!

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Some team will grab him fast if buffalo trys to slip him through and he is a great special teams player.
We will see, I think he makes the roster easily! I wouldn't be surprised but he definitely hasn't lived up to what the article says about him.

Wally The Barber
08-28-2007, 05:24 PM
I wouldn't be surprised but he definitely hasn't lived up to what the article says about him.

I think he has more then lived up to it!

He is only a rookie and you will see more of him against the Lions

#29 awsome!

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 05:30 PM
I think he has more then lived up to it!

He is only a rookie and you will see more of him against the Lions

#29 awsome!
like I said. Wilson has been more visible and Leonard isn't going anywhere.

Mr. Pink
08-28-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm half serious about this one...

Has Wendling even been on the field in the preseason?

Wally The Barber
08-28-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm half serious about this one...

Has Wendling even been on the field in the preseason?

He made several tackles in last weeks game and got high fives from the players for his hits!

He nailed the RB in at the line of scrimage on one play!

Mr. Pink
08-28-2007, 05:41 PM
He made several tackles in last weeks game and got high fives from the players for his hits!

He nailed the RB in at the line of scrimage on one play!

I honestly haven't noticed him, good - bad - indifferent.

Mudflap1
08-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Who the heck is John Wendling?

jk

Wally The Barber
08-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Who the heck is John Wendling?

I am really enjoying this.
You guys are not paying attention but I will forgive you!

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/afcgrades.html

jk

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 06:00 PM
I honestly haven't noticed him, good - bad - indifferent.
same here.

Scumbag College
08-28-2007, 06:23 PM
He made one nice play in punt coverage last week, I believe near the end of the second quarter. He's made a couple of tackles at safety after decent gains from the opposition, but nothing more than what you'd ask for a safety. He hasn't really done much of anything outstanding, but I wasn't expecting too much out of a rookie 6th round pick from Wyoming.

I think if he goes to the PS then some other team would sign him to their roster, just for the mere fact that he is a 6' 1" 220 lb. safety whom is that fast and athletic. He has a ton of athletic ability and potential, I would keep him as the fifth safety behind Leonhart and Wilson and use him on kick and punt coverage this season and see what he brings to the table at safety, CB, and/or OLB possibly in 2008.

Wally The Barber
08-28-2007, 07:16 PM
He made one nice play in punt coverage last week, I believe near the end of the second quarter. He's made a couple of tackles at safety after decent gains from the opposition, but nothing more than what you'd ask for a safety. He hasn't really done much of anything outstanding, but I wasn't expecting too much out of a rookie 6th round pick from Wyoming.

I think if he goes to the PS then some other team would sign him to their roster, just for the mere fact that he is a 6' 1" 220 lb. safety whom is that fast and athletic. He has a ton of athletic ability and potential, I would keep him as the fifth safety behind Leonhart and Wilson and use him on kick and punt coverage this season and see what he brings to the table at safety, CB, and/or OLB possibly in 2008.
I think he made several key plays in the last game and has played well in training camp.

TigerJ
08-28-2007, 08:13 PM
He made a great special teams tackle versus the Titans. The battle is tight at safety. Whitner and Simpson are starting of course. Then there's Jim Leonard, George Wilson, Wendling and Trevor Hooper for probably two spots. Leonard probably has the inside track for one of the backup roles because he's been here. He hasn't impressed me though. Other teams have definitely burned him this preseason. The problem is that while he's smart, he's small and slow. Hooper is probably not in the running. If I had my "druthers" Buffalo would cut Hooper and Leonard and use Wilson and Wendling as the backups, but I sort of doubt that's how it will turn out.

Scumbag College
08-28-2007, 09:11 PM
He made a great special teams tackle versus the Titans. The battle is tight at safety. Whitner and Simpson are starting of course. Then there's Jim Leonard, George Wilson, Wendling and Trevor Hooper for probably two spots. Leonard probably has the inside track for one of the backup roles because he's been here. He hasn't impressed me though. Other teams have definitely burned him this preseason. The problem is that while he's smart, he's small and slow. Hooper is probably not in the running. If I had my "druthers" Buffalo would cut Hooper and Leonard and use Wilson and Wendling as the backups, but I sort of doubt that's how it will turn out.

The only thing I don't like about cutting Leonhart is that if Whitner or Simpson go down hurt, we have a guy that was a WR last year at this time and a rookie from Wyoming as backups.

I agree though that Leonhart has not at all looked too good this preseason.

TigerJ
08-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Yeah, Leonard has been abused on more than one occasion.

im4bflo
08-28-2007, 09:46 PM
I only got to hear one game, and heard his name called on some tackles, and he doesn't get in as much as the other guys you named.
I'm a huge Wendling fan too, and this rook is going to be well liked in Buffalo,
he's a blue colar, small town , team first kind of guy we love.
And he brings the lumber, GO WENDLING! GO BILLS!

Wally The Barber
08-29-2007, 04:52 AM
I can assure you that Wendling makes the team as special teams player this year. He may see some game ime at safety also as he does not make many mistakes!

casdhf
08-29-2007, 09:00 AM
I would keep 5 Safetys over 6 WRs

justasportsfan
08-29-2007, 09:03 AM
Yeah, Leonard has been abused on more than one occasion.could it be that he's had to pick up the slack for those who weren't in position? He's also been playing with scrubs up front :idunno:

Wally The Barber
09-01-2007, 06:40 PM
I told you he would make the team!

im4bflo
09-01-2007, 09:01 PM
I told you he would make the team!

We told you so! LOL!
#29 is a BILL through and through!