PDA

View Full Version : Chris Chambers Trade Talks (Buffalo Not Involved)

gr8slayer
08-28-2007, 07:11 PM
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Chris Chambers' name has come up in trade talks across the league in recent days.
Schefter says Reggie Williams and Michael Clayton are also being dangled by their respective franchises. Chambers has always been overrated by fans and the media, and that a receiver-weak Dolphins team would shop him just goes to make that more obvious. He might bring back a third-round pick as compensation. Williams and Clayton would likely net late-round choices.

Yasgur's Farm
08-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Same happened last year with Chanbers... No takers.

I'd consider Peerless Price and a conditional for Reggie Williams.

Scumbag College
08-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Same happened last year with Chanbers... No takers.

Hey, we do have an extra fifth I believe from the Bears for Darwin Walker.

Or, the extra third from Baltimore for McGahee for Chambers. I doubt either would happen, but excluding last week, Price has shown little in the preseason.

It is nice to think about having Evans on one side and Chambers on the other with Lynch coming out of the backfield with an improved OL. :drool2:

venis2k1
08-28-2007, 07:32 PM
i dont know...this might finally be the year josh reed puts it all together...:rolleyes:

Scumbag College
08-28-2007, 07:33 PM
"Chambers has always been overrated by fans and the media, "

Ask Nate Clements how overrated he is when he put up about 900 yards or so on him during the Dolphins' comeback game a few years ago.

He didn't put up very good numbers last year for a #1 receiver because of lousy QB play, awful OL, and Mularkey calling the plays.

Philagape
08-28-2007, 07:45 PM
"Chambers has always been overrated by fans and the media, "

Ask Nate Clements how overrated he is when he put up about 900 yards or so on him during the Dolphins' comeback game a few years ago.

He didn't put up very good numbers last year for a #1 receiver because of lousy QB play, awful OL, and Mularkey calling the plays.

How about the other years? He has one 1,000-yard season out of six.

Meathead
08-28-2007, 07:55 PM
i hate gr8 threads cuz he always puts article text in a quote and you cant get a hover preview on the thread listing page

Scumbag College
08-28-2007, 07:59 PM
How about the other years? He has one 1,000-yard season out of six.

True, but he's really played on some poor teams with run first philosophies and not much of a supporting cast around him. I think he would be really good on a team where he could be a number two receiver with a legit #1 across from him.

The only thing about making a trade now is that he would have to learn a new offensive scheme just a week or so before the start of a regular season. If he could have been traded before the draft, it would be worth thinking about. If it's the end of August, who knows if he would be able to contribute anything in 2007. If you have to wait for next year, then you have a thirty year old WR.

Anyways, it's all hypothetical. With the improved play of Reed and Parrish, I doubt the Bills are looking to trade players and/or 2008 draft picks for any position other than DL or CB.

ZacGriffi~82
08-28-2007, 08:03 PM
I don't care how overrated he is. A Wisconsin WR duo would be real nice.

thecoordinator
08-28-2007, 08:09 PM
True, but he's really played on some poor teams with run first philosophies and not much of a supporting cast around him. I think he would be really good on a team where he could be a number two receiver with a legit #1 across from him.

my only hope would be that he went to the nfc because the thought of what he can do playing for a real team with a real offense scares me. he has played in 4 different run first offenses with a slew of scrub QBs. the only season he played with a pass-minded OC - linehan - he made the probowl.

Tatonka
08-28-2007, 08:16 PM
i would take chambers as a #2 without thinking twice about it.. for the extra 3rd we have?? ****.. no question.

he and lee are both badgers as well.

YardRat
08-28-2007, 08:38 PM
New England will get him for a sixth in '09.

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 08:40 PM
i would take chambers as a #2 without thinking twice about it.. for the extra 3rd we have?? ****.. no question.

he and lee are both badgers as well.
:up:

realdealryan
08-28-2007, 09:06 PM

You'd consider trading the worst guy in the NFL who ALWAYS has a celebration "shake" ready?

tampabay25690
08-28-2007, 09:57 PM
I will be honest, HE IS NOT OVERRATED. I would take him in 1 second he reminds me of Eric Moulds..

clumping platelets
08-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Chris Chambers for a 3rd :bighug:

PECKERWOOD
08-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing any of the WR's mentioned in this thread, in Buffalo.

Voltron
08-28-2007, 10:27 PM
We have much more glaring needs but I wouldn't even think twice about picking him up. Question is how would he take the demotion to 2nd WR?

BILLSROCK1212
08-28-2007, 11:59 PM
it doesn't say Buffalo isn't involved

jamze132
08-29-2007, 03:28 AM
If we are willing to go out and give someone a 3rd rounder for something, why would we not spend it on a freaking O-lineman who can block or a DT who can tackle someone????

The last thing we need is another receiver. It doesn't do much good to spend that much on a quality receiver if JP is running for the LOS every play.

LtFinFan66
08-29-2007, 03:36 AM
New England will get him for a sixth in '09.Hell, they gave up a 2nd and 7th for Welker. They would probably drop a 1st for Chambers:rofl:

BADTHINGSMAN
08-29-2007, 03:43 AM
Hell, they gave up a 2nd and 7th for Welker. They would probably drop a 1st for Chambers:rofl:

If the Pats some how got him id be pissed..

LtFinFan66
08-29-2007, 03:45 AM
They don't need him. I was pissed enough that Welker ended up there

clumping platelets
08-29-2007, 04:04 AM
Chris Chambers :bighug:

BADTHINGSMAN
08-29-2007, 04:08 AM
They don't need him. I was pissed enough that Welker ended up there

They are stocked enough for a hell of a run, which sucks..

Mr. Miyagi
08-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Chris Chambers :bighug:
Man love!

User Manuel
08-29-2007, 09:12 AM
I'd like Clayton. He is a good reciever who needs a change of scenery.

Mr. Miyagi
08-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Chambers > Clayton > Williams

For their presumed asking price, I'd bring in Clayton.

The Spaz
08-29-2007, 09:43 AM
DOLPHINS TO TRADE CHAMBERS?: According to the Miami Herald the Dolphins have been floating Chris Chambers' name out there for a possible trade. While I'd love to see Chambers in a Bills uniform not only for his talent, but because of his tight relationship with Lee Evans as former Wisconsin alums, there's no way the Dolphins trade him to a division rival, not to mention the Bills likely couldn't handle the $7.3M cap hit they would inherit by acquiring him. However, the story does speculate that Chambers could be released. If that happened I'd be all over that guy. He did recently plead not guilty to a driving while impaired charge, so if things don't work out for him there that could change things. But thinking about Chambers opposite Evans is very intriguing. ---

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Philagape
08-29-2007, 09:46 AM
$7.3 million?? So much for that. No way.

gr8slayer
08-29-2007, 09:59 AM
The Miami Herald reports that Chris Chambers will remain a Dolphin this season.
The paper confirms that the Dolphins did gauge league interest in the veteran, but have "no imminent plans" to trade him or cut him, despite his high salary.

justasportsfan
08-29-2007, 10:04 AM
The Miami Herald reports that Chris Chambers will remain a Dolphin this season.
The paper confirms that the Dolphins did gauge league interest in the veteran, but have "no imminent plans" to trade him or cut him, despite his high salary.

Perfect, if Price doesn't step up to be a legit no. 2 , Chambers can come over when the fish cut him next year.