X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wally The Barber
    • Jul 2007

Can We Fix The Defense?

I think it is pretty hard to argue that the Defense is the biggest concern going into this season.
    Perhaps it would be wise to scrap the Tampa 2 and sign two very large defensive tackles.
    I think it is fair to say that there will be a few available next week!

If you don't have the quality Defensive tackles on your team, I see no need to waste the 2007-08 season if you do not have the personel!
    I would like to see the Bills aggresively search for 2 fill the gap DT's

Something along the lines of Sam Adams and Warren Sapp! (Rent a player, 1 yr deal)

If the Bills want to live or die with the Tampa 2 defense then we need atleast 2 speed Defensive tackles and they are pretty hard to find!

Its my opinion that if nothing is done to fix the problem, it might cost Dick Jauron his job !
    I do not think the fans will cut Jauron or the Bills any slack when the problem is obvious and nothing was done to solve the problem.
    The Darwin Walker deal may come back to haunt Marv Levy by the end of the season.

The pressure is clearly on the shoulders of J.P. Losman to score points on nearly every drive.

The last thing that the Bills need is another coaching change but a wasted 2007-08 season will not fly in Buffalo!

Think about it!
    Last edited by Wally The Barber; 08-29-2007, 07:13 AM.
    Beware of Sarcasm
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: Can We Fix The Defense?

Wasn't Sapp in a Tampa 2? I do believe so, which means he isn't a "fill the gap DT".
    BERNIAC!

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

I want 2 space eaters at DT. 450 lbs. each with size 21 EEEE shoes.

It's a gamble they'll make it out of the game without going into cardiac arrest but we pay good $$ for our tickets. Put 5 more on the practice squad and double the food budget.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Wally The Barber
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by hydrosmak
        Wasn't Sapp in a Tampa 2? I do believe so, which means he isn't a "fill the gap DT".
        He has palyed both!
        Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Wally The Barber
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Night Train
          I want 2 space eaters at DT. 450 lbs. each with size 21 EEEE shoes.

It's a gamble they'll make it out of the game without going into cardiac arrest but we pay good $$ for our tickets. Put 5 more on the practice squad and double the food budget.
          Sounds like the guys we need!
          Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Wally
            I think it is pretty hard to argue that the Defense is the biggest concern going into this season.
            Perhaps it would be wise to scrap the Tampa 2 and sign two very large defensive tackles.
            I think it is fair to say that there will be a few available next week!

If you don't have the quality Defensive tackles on your team, I see no need to waste the 2007-08 season if you do not have the personel!
            I would like to see the Bills aggresively search for 2 fill the gap DT's

Something along the lines of Sam Adams and Warren Sapp! (Rent a player, 1 yr deal)

If the Bills want to live or die with the Tampa 2 defense then we need atleast 2 speed Defensive tackles and they are pretty hard to find!

Its my opinion that if nothing is done to fix the problem, it might cost Dick Jauron his job !
            I do not think the fans will cut Jauron or the Bills any slack when the problem is obvious and nothing was done to solve the problem.
            The Darwin Walker deal may come back to haunt Marv Levy by the end of the season.

The pressure is clearly on the shoulders of J.P. Losman to score points on nearly every drive.

The last thing that the Bills need is another coaching change but a wasted 2007-08 season will not fly in Buffalo!

Think about it!
            I agree- any D not predicated on stopping the run will only get you too far. The Tampa 2 is a situational D in the sense that it works in the perfect situation- like Indy where they have the offensive firepower to make teams pass or Chicago where they have the perfect personnel for it.

Buffalo has neither.

I really hate this D.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Wally The Barber
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37
              I agree- any D not predicated on stopping the run will only get you too far. The Tampa 2 is a situational D in the sense that it works in the perfect situation- like Indy where they have the offensive firepower to make teams pass or Chicago where they have the perfect personnel for it.

Buffalo has neither.

I really hate this D.
              I just do not think we have the players to run it effectively.

I believe a quik fix till we get the right players is to change the defense with bigger players at this point!
              Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

I think as long as we bend and don't break...in other words we have to hope that the other team keeps turining the ball over in our red-zone or they miss alot of field goals.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

What do you mean, fix the defense? Dickey & Marv must think it's fine because they refuse to bring people in who can play football! Yes, I'm frustrated and it looks like this defense could possibly be one of the worst we've seen around here in sometime. The other scary part is that Perry Fool seems clueless on how to utilize his talent and obviously Dickey is part of the problem. We will see. Let's hope for the best.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37

Buffalo has neither.

I really hate this D.
                    Would prefer the 3-4 myself. Who knows? With a quarterback like Tom Brady in our division, it might actually be a good idea to have a defense that is dedicated to stopping the pass. I don't think you can say the Tampa 2 is flawed when you have a very good defense in Chicago, Minnesota, Oakland and Tampa Bay running it .. Ours just isn't on that level yet. Give our guys more time to get the personnel trained and we just might have ourselves a winner.

Comment

• evol4276
                      • Oct 2005

why do u and the answer always use the sunglasses guy to mark the thread? neways ur right. we must get better or else this culd be bad

Comment

Working...
                      X