*RUMOR* DiGiorgio awarded starting job over Poz! (No Link)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smack541
    • Apr 2003

*RUMOR* DiGiorgio awarded starting job over Poz! (No Link)

According to Sirius NFL Radio this morning DiGiorgio has been awarded the starting job over Poz. Not sure if this has been posted. No links up yet.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: DiGiorgio awarded starting job over Poz!

The Sky is Falling

Comment

• smack541
      • Apr 2003

Im just reporting what they said on my drive into work this morning. Wouldent write this in stone till a link pops up. But, they definitely reported it while talking about Schobel's extension. Doesnt make much sense to me. Im sure they both will see plenty of time during week 1.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
        • Jul 2007

He has a 3 week contract as starter (lol)
        Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Per Paul Hamilton about 20 mins ago no starter has been named.

Comment

• jpdex12
            • Jan 2005

Who's Paul Hamilton?

I thought that I heard on Sirius this morning that Poz won the job? Not DiGiorgio. And it was mentioned after the Schobel contract talk.
            Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• Pride
              • Jul 2002

I'll judge the starter based on minutes played in the opener. Same with at RB.

The old guys don't want to hand a rookie the season opener starting job. It is the vets position to lose. That said, I feel that by week 2, we'll see a starting lineup change.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

What did they say on New England CAT 212?
                You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Pride
                  I'll judge the starter based on minutes played in the opener. Same with at RB.

The old guys don't want to hand a rookie the season opener starting job. It is the vets position to lose. That said, I feel that by week 2, we'll see a starting lineup change.
                  since when is DiGiorgio a vet? The guy was brought in as a UDFA a year ago and I could be mistaken but I don't believe he ever started. Given what we paid to get Poz, seems to me that they should have started out even at the beginning of camp.

But I digress... if this is true I'm going to be pissed that we spent two first day draft picks on a player who isn't ready to start from day 1. But I'm not going to flip out just yet- until we get a link, this is just speculation- a third hand report about guys on Sirius who may have been speculating themselves.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

I don't believe this for a second. It would be a dumb move! Poz has definitely looked better IMO.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

big surprise.. op is going to be pissed and whine about something ad nasium.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• billsburgh
                        • Jul 2003

according to this article, http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bi...ry/150116.html, Poz has been getting the majority of reps with the first team this week.

Comment

• Voltron
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jpdex12
                          Who's Paul Hamilton?

I thought that I heard on Sirius this morning that Poz won the job? Not DiGiorgio. And it was mentioned after the Schobel contract talk.
                          I heard on Sirius NFL this am that Poz is the starter as well.
                          Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                          - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                          -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                          - Mark Twain

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            big surprise.. op is going to be pissed and whine about something ad nasium.
                            you really need to get a life- you follow me around and complain about my complaints- if people don't like my complaints, they sure as hell aren't going to like your complaints about my complaints any better. On top of that, you come in and criticize but never offer anything of value or even anything football related to the conversation. Read the damn disclaimer.

And to get this back on topic, there is no way to defend a 7-9 team spending two first day draft picks on a player who can't start from Day 1. This team has too many needs to be spending draft picks in that manner. But again, this is all just speculation at this point so I'd rather wait to see if this is official before devoting any more energy to this topic. Unlike when this issue came up before camp started, there is a lot more to discuss than hypotheticals.

and btw, it's "ad naseum". Get a dictionary.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37

And to get this back on topic, there is no way to defend a 7-9 team spending two first day draft picks on a player who can't start from Day 1. This team has too many needs to be spending draft picks in that manner. But again, this is all just speculation at this point so I'd rather wait to see if this is official before devoting any more energy to this topic. Unlike when this issue came up before camp started, there is a lot more to discuss than hypotheticals.
                              I will disagree withthis until I am pushing up daisies. I am not concerned with day 1. You over-react to that fake deadline.

If he is an All-pro next year or in two years, calling him a wasted pick is stupid.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X