PDA

View Full Version : This thread is not for the faint of heart!

jpdex12
08-29-2007, 09:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ahBdNy7y0s&NR=1

Just to get a head start on beating up the nancies here's a little something from youtube to get the blood flowing. I don't care how we've looked so far we have two weeks to prepare and then we start out 0-0. It's anybody's season!

Let's go Buff-alo! clap-clap-clap-clap-calp Let's go Buff-alo! :drool2:

OpIv37
08-29-2007, 09:10 AM
the 0-0 line is the biggest load of crap ever. Just because all teams have the same record doesn't make them all equal.

Think about it- if you had to bet $1000 on a team to win the SB right now, who are you going to pick? The Bills or the Patriots? The Dolphins or the Colts?

Some teams are still better than others despite that 0-0.

jpdex12
08-29-2007, 09:30 AM
the 0-0 line is the biggest load of crap ever. Just because all teams have the same record doesn't make them all equal.

Think about it- if you had to bet $1000 on a team to win the SB right now, who are you going to pick? The Bills or the Patriots? The Dolphins or the Colts?

Some teams are still better than others despite that 0-0.

Depends on how much bang I want for my buck? I know the payout would be higher if I bet the Bills because the odds are against them. So I am outsmarting you with your question and going with the Bills. I am a betting man and it's all or nothing! I guarentee you would have bet $1,000 on the opener against the Pats back in 2003 but you would have lost just like they did 31-0. BTW, didn't the Fins beat the Pats on December 10th last year 21-0?

Go crawl back into your hole Op! It makes me sick to think that you are a Bill's fan.

You remind me of an 8 year old pop-warner football player that steps onto the field and sees a team that has bigger kids than his team and he looks at the coach and says "they're bigger than us coach, we can't win". Is that reality or is it called not believing in yourself or your team? Is it not having any heart?

I'll take my $1,000 and put it on the Bills anyday, even if I think they don't match up well against another team just because they are my team.
I already have a $500 bet with a friend that Buffalo finishes with a better record than his Panthers. Let's just say that I'm optimistic that I will be $500 richer by January 2008.

OpIv37
08-29-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm not talking playing the odds- I'm talking straight up pick the winner. You get $1000 if you're right, you lose $1000 if you're wrong. Clearly, some teams are more "equal" than others when you put it in those terms.

In case you didn't notice, I'm not on the Bills. I'm not a coach or a player. So my attitude, like yours, has ZERO effect on the team. You can get all excited about some remote possibility- I'd much rather try to make a reasonable and intelligent prediction.

See, unlike you, I can expect the team to do poorly and still watch the games and still cheer just as loudly on Sunday afternoons. I don't have to convince myself that they're better than they are to cheer for them.

ajsdx
08-29-2007, 09:40 AM
that was a pretty sweet vid. the only downside was that probably 75% of the players in those highlights are no longer on the team. one of the drawbacks of having such a young team, i guess.

justasportsfan
08-29-2007, 09:44 AM
I think OP needs another road trip. I heard it's nice in Hawaii . :D

THATHURMANATOR
08-29-2007, 09:58 AM
the 0-0 line is the biggest load of crap ever.

No Op I am 100% sure that all teams are 0-0 right now...

OpIv37
08-29-2007, 10:03 AM
No Op I am 100% sure that all teams are 0-0 right now...

:rolleyes: You need to read the rest of the post. Yes, it is true that all teams are 0-0 right now, but it is complete BS to think that it somehow makes all teams equal. Some teams are still much better than others.

TacklingDummy
08-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Depends on how much bang I want for my buck? I know the payout would be higher if I bet the Bills because the odds are against them. So I am outsmarting you with your question and going with the Bills. I am a betting man and it's all or nothing! I guarentee you would have bet $1,000 on the opener against the Pats back in 2003 but you would have lost just like they did 31-0. BTW, didn't the Fins beat the Pats on December 10th last year 21-0?

Op was talking about winning the Super Bowl. Which takes winning many games to do.

You are talking about winning 1 single game. Of course any team can beat any team at any given time.

jpdex12
08-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Op was talking about winning the Super Bowl. Which takes winning many games to do.

You are talking about winning 1 single game. Of course any team can beat any team at any given time.

Actually Poop eating Tackling Dummy, I am talking about looking at the positive rather then bringing everyone else down with negative comments.
I know he was refering to a complete season. I was just trying to make a point about optimism like your comment about "of course any team can beat any team at any given time". You just said it yourself!

Look at Tennesee, they went on a crazy run last year and almost made the playoffs. Who would have guessed that? Look at the G-men, they went to the playoffs at 8-8 along with an NFC West team the year before.

TacklingDummy
08-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Actually Poop eating Tackling Dummy, I am talking about looking at the positive rather then bringing everyone else down with negative comments.
I know he was refering to a complete season. I was just trying to make a point about optimism like your comment about "of course any team can beat any team at any given time". You just said it yourself!

Look at Tennesee, they went on a crazy run last year and almost made the playoffs. Who would have guessed that? Look at the G-men, they went to the playoffs at 8-8 along with an NFC West team the year before.

The Positive is the Bills could beat any team at any time.
The negative is, that's not likely to happen.

I want to go into a season knowing the Bills are good. Not hoping that they are good.

Tenn. also beat some crappy teams during that run.

Last 11 games (8-3) they beat. Houston twice, Redskins, Bills, Giants, Eagles, Colts, and Jags.

Lost to Ravens, Pats, Jags.

DarbyTheDinosaur
08-29-2007, 10:59 AM
The title of the song may be a bit much, given the now-departed McGahee's comments about the Toronto Bills.

Love the sack by Big Sam in the beginning...I was at that game...sure it was only Cleveland but we needed something like that.

I can't wait for the season to begin...

Mr. Miyagi
08-29-2007, 11:33 AM
See, unlike you, I can expect the team to do poorly and still watch the games and still cheer just as loudly on Sunday afternoons.

No you can't, because as soon as they make a bad play, instead going "damn it come on Bills!" you'd say "see? I told you they sucked! Look how smart I am!"

That's not considered rooting for the team.

OpIv37
08-29-2007, 12:47 PM
No you can't, because as soon as they make a bad play, instead going "damn it come on Bills!" you'd say "see? I told you they sucked! Look how smart I am!"

and that's where you couldn't be more wrong. I NEVER came back with the "I told you so" stuff. The only time I did that was long after the season ended when people started calling me out. I take no glory in losing even when it means I'm right.

raphael120
08-29-2007, 12:54 PM
At what point was shedding light on the reality of this team (that they haven't shown anything positive yet) being negative?

It's talking about what is going on. Piss poor tackling, horrid run D, stalling offense. Tell me one thing about this team (that is a reality and not just "Well I wish upon a star that we'll win!") that gives you any inkling of a playoff berth.

justasportsfan
08-29-2007, 12:57 PM
At what point was shedding light on the reality of this team (that they haven't shown anything positive yet) being negative?

It's talking about what is going on. Piss poor tackling, horrid run D, stalling offense. Tell me one thing about this team (that is a reality and not just "Well I wish upon a star that we'll win!") that gives you any inkling of a playoff berth.
your reality is based on preseason?

OpIv37
08-29-2007, 01:00 PM
your reality is based on preseason?

Right- Ellison missed tackles because it's pre season. JP missed passes because it's preseason. Preston missed blocks because it's pre season. Anderson and Tripplett get pancaked every play because it's pre season.

Question: Are the Bills the only team not trying in pre season? If we're not showing our full hand in pre season, neither is anyone else. And if they're beating us without utilizing all their skill and options, imagine what's going to happen when they are.

Tatonka
08-29-2007, 01:03 PM

:bf1:

justasportsfan
08-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Right- Ellison missed tackles because it's pre season. JP missed passes because it's preseason. Preston missed blocks because it's pre season. Anderson and Tripplett get pancaked every play because it's pre season.

Question: Are the Bills the only team not trying in pre season? If we're not showing our full hand in pre season, neither is anyone else. And if they're beating us without utilizing all their skill and options, imagine what's going to happen when they are.

You're changing subjects again. He was talking about preseason so if that's what you base the entire season on, explain the 4 superbowls.

OpIv37
08-29-2007, 01:23 PM
You're changing subjects again. He was talking about preseason so if that's what you base the entire season on, explain the 4 superbowls.

you're keying on preseason results- not how the starters actually played. I highly doubt Darryl Talley was overshooting tackles by 5 yards and Jim Kelly was throwing balls 5 yards too high in presesaon during the SB years.

justasportsfan
08-29-2007, 01:33 PM
you're keying on preseason results- not how the starters actually played. I highly doubt Darryl Talley was overshooting tackles by 5 yards and Jim Kelly was throwing balls 5 yards too high in presesaon during the SB years.
they played like crap in those 4 sb's preseasons. What are you talking about?

OpIv37
08-29-2007, 01:55 PM
they played like crap in those 4 sb's preseasons. What are you talking about?

the team lost the game- doesn't mean the starters played like crap. Also, in case you didn't notice, the caliber of player we had back then was MUCH greater and much more experienced than the guys we have now.

justasportsfan
08-29-2007, 02:27 PM
the team lost the game- doesn't mean the starters played like crap. .
I think I remember the team better than you do.

Also, in case you didn't notice, the caliber of player we had back then was MUCH greater and much more experienced than the guys we have now.

Not in 1985 when Kelly and co were as young as the team we have today. :rolleyes:

Of course the calibre of their team would be better, they had several years under MArv then comapred to this years team with 1 year under Marv. :rolleyes:

jpdex12
08-29-2007, 02:28 PM

Then how did we go 0-4 some years back then but still make the super bowls? Because the team was rusty or whatever and yes Kelly sucked it up some preseason games along with the rest of the team. This is why it's called preseason. I hope to god they don't lengthen preseason or else we will have to listen to you complain for two more weeks.

OpIv37
08-29-2007, 02:30 PM
I think I remember the team better than you do.

Not in 1985 when Kelly and co were as young as the team we have today. :rolleyes:

Of course the calibre of their team would be better, they had several years under MArv then comapred to this years team with 1 year under Marv. :rolleyes:

but we didn't go to the SB in 85- your whole point was that the teams that sucked in the pre season still went to the SB. Well, 1985 doesn't prove your point at all- in fact, it suggests we're in for another year like 1985,.

OpIv37
08-29-2007, 02:31 PM
Then how did we go 0-4 some years back then but still make the super bowls? Because the team was rusty or whatever and yes Kelly sucked it up some preseason games along with the rest of the team. This is why it's called preseason. I hope to god they don't lengthen preseason or else we will have to listen to you complain for two more weeks.

we'll all be complaining when we see how the team performs on the field.

justasportsfan
08-29-2007, 02:38 PM
but we didn't go to the SB in 85- your whole point was that the teams that sucked in the pre season still went to the SB. Well, 1985 doesn't prove your point at all- in fact, it suggests we're in for another year like 1985,.

argh!!! this team should be compared to the 1985 team. Not the sb era team because they already have had several years under MArv while the current one has had 1 year.

You were the one comparing the CALIBRE of the team then to now. Obviously they were more mature by the time they got to the sb. I olny brought them up because thye sucked during preseason which simply means, you can't base reality via preseason.

OpIv37
08-29-2007, 02:57 PM
argh!!! this team should be compared to the 1985 team. Not the sb era team because they already have had several years under MArv while the current one has had 1 year.

You were the one comparing the CALIBRE of the team then to now. Obviously they were more mature by the time they got to the sb. I olny brought them up because thye sucked during preseason which simply means, you can't base reality via preseason.

It's tough to judge a team as a whole in pre season but it's different for individual players. The team will use more plays, more complex blitzing schemes, etc during the regular season. But players who can't tackle/penetrate/hit passes/catch passes/get open etc aren't going to suddenly be able to do those things once the games start. The team may not be game planning to win but these guys are competitive- when they're out there, they want to win. And on our team- particularly on D- we have a lot of young guys with tenuous holds on their starting positions. They're certainly not going to dog it on the field just because it's pre season.

Meathead
08-29-2007, 03:01 PM
i say we bare ass spank op at the opener

Meathead
08-29-2007, 03:02 PM
unless he would like it then we wet willy him mercilessly

justasportsfan
08-29-2007, 03:03 PM
It's tough to judge a team as a whole in pre season but it's different for individual players. The team will use more plays, more complex blitzing schemes, etc during the regular season. But players who can't tackle/penetrate/hit passes/catch passes/get open etc aren't going to suddenly be able to do those things once the games start. The team may not be game planning to win but these guys are competitive- when they're out there, they want to win. And on our team- particularly on D- we have a lot of young guys with tenuous holds on their starting positions. They're certainly not going to dog it on the field just because it's pre season.

Preseason is far from acurate . My point is , it's stupid to base reality on something that isn't accurate.

OpIv37
08-29-2007, 03:04 PM
i say we bare ass spank op at the opener

I'm not gonna be there this year.

I'll be up for the Fins game.

Meathead
08-29-2007, 03:47 PM
we can spank you just fine then

whos wit me!

BillsFever21
08-30-2007, 04:04 AM
:clap:

Plus your question was if he would lay down $1,000 on the Bills instead of the Patriots to win the SB. Not a head to head matchup.

I gurantee you he wouldn't bet on the Bills over the Patriots. He doesn't have the courage to man up and make the bet. I'll take that bet right now that the Bills won't win the SB. Any amount. I'll take that bet that the Patriots will have a better record. They can talk all they want but they are cowards when it comes down to it.

I'm not talking playing the odds- I'm talking straight up pick the winner. You get $1000 if you're right, you lose $1000 if you're wrong. Clearly, some teams are more "equal" than others when you put it in those terms.

In case you didn't notice, I'm not on the Bills. I'm not a coach or a player. So my attitude, like yours, has ZERO effect on the team. You can get all excited about some remote possibility- I'd much rather try to make a reasonable and intelligent prediction.

See, unlike you, I can expect the team to do poorly and still watch the games and still cheer just as loudly on Sunday afternoons. I don't have to convince myself that they're better than they are to cheer for them.

clumping platelets
08-30-2007, 04:09 AM
:popcorn:

BillsFever21
08-30-2007, 04:12 AM

Exactly. They say it's preseason and they are not trying a single ounce. If that is the case then everybody else we play is trying? If they are not trying either and they are beating the crap out of us that bad it will definitely be a long season.

Don't listen to bumbs like this. When it is mini camps they say wait till training camp. When it's training camp and the same aspects suck next it's wait till preseason. After the first or second preseason game then it's still early in the preseason and wait till the end. Then at the end it's wait till the season starts that is unless there were a couple optimistic parts and then they are saying look at how good he is I told you so(Roscoe Parrish for instance) After the season gets here it's still early in the season lets see what happens later on. In the middle of the season it's still a lot of time left. At the end of the season then it's wait till next season. Then next season gets here and you repeat the steps above.

This justaloadofcrap was saying earlier in the early season to wait till preseason that mini/training camp doesn't matter. He will be another one at the end of the year saying wait till next year because blah blah and blah will be better with a 3rd year in the new system.