PDA

View Full Version : We played Indy last season and actually should of won, how far off are we??/

Mitchy moo
08-29-2007, 02:13 PM
Some of you think we suck, some of you think we are good but looking back at that one game we hung with the champions during a meaningful game. How far off are we from them, seriously?

jpdex12
08-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Some of you think we suck, some of you think we are good but looking back at that one game we hung with the champions during a meaningful game. How far off are we from them, seriously?

WE're getting there!

OpIv37
08-29-2007, 02:28 PM
and the Browns beat the playoff bound Jets last year and the lowly Texans beat the Colts. You can't use one game as a benchmark for comparison.

And why did you select the Colts and not the Bears? The Bears destroyed us, so if you want to go by that logic, we're not even close to being in the SB because one of the SB teams proved we're still leagues behind them.

justasportsfan
08-29-2007, 02:42 PM
we lost to detroit so does that mean we're the worst team in the NFL?

Mitchy moo
08-29-2007, 02:42 PM
and the Browns beat the playoff bound Jets last year and the lowly Texans beat the Colts. You can't use one game as a benchmark for comparison.

And why did you select the Colts and not the Bears? The Bears destroyed us, so if you want to go by that logic, we're not even close to being in the SB because one of the SB teams proved we're still leagues behind them.

What's really weird is you made a valid point above and then used the worst game we played last year to make a point. We beat the Jets as well, so does that mean we are playoff caliber as well?

Stewie
08-29-2007, 02:46 PM
This thread just highlights that the talent gap between the best and worst teams isn't really that much. Any given sunday, right?

Mitchy moo
08-29-2007, 02:46 PM

Did Detroit win the championship?? BTW: You know who is rubbing off on you.

Mitchy moo
08-29-2007, 02:50 PM
This thread just highlights that the talent gap between the best and worst teams isn't really that much. Any given sunday, right?

Bingo, You get repped for coming up with my real point here. The talent gap is narrow, which gives us as good a chance as any team to do well.

Let's all put away the guns and I'll put down the kool-aid.

justasportsfan
08-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Did Detroit win the championship?? BTW: You know who is rubbing off on you.
just because we almost beat the colts or losit to detroit who was a crappy team doesn't mean anything. WE're neither the worse nor the best.

I'd don't want you to rub off on me either.

Mitchy moo
08-29-2007, 03:12 PM
I'd don't want you to rub off on me either.

You spoke differently last night, lol.

Meathead
08-29-2007, 03:19 PM
and if they had kicked the #@%king fg to go pad a 2+ score lead against the pats we prolly woulda won that game too

in the nfl theres usually 2-3 teams that are a lock to win 11+ and 2-3 a lock to lose 5-

in between are teams that could literally go anywhere between 6 and 10 wins

think about it - at 8-8 all it takes is two plays to make the diff between 6 and 10 wins. TWO PLAYS

thats where two factors come in:
a) luck
2) the ability to make winning plays

the bills havent had much of either lately. but there were signs they had started to make winning plays last year

could go either way but i feel better about their chances this year than last

RockStar36
08-29-2007, 03:21 PM

I see your point but also take into consideration that the Bills were two different teams: before the bye week and after the bye week.

Mitchy moo
08-29-2007, 03:30 PM
The Bills were two different teams: before the bye week and after the bye week.

He cannot accept that fact and we did play much better in the second half.

Jimbuktu
08-29-2007, 03:34 PM
This thread is mental.

duhbilz
08-29-2007, 03:43 PM

But there's a big difference between any given Sunday and the majority of Sundays!

Stewie
08-29-2007, 03:51 PM
But there's a big difference between any given Sunday and the majority of Sundays!

Agreed. Talented and well-coached players will surely play well more consistently.

duhbilz
08-29-2007, 03:51 PM
He cannot accept that fact and we did play much better in the second half.
The Bills were 4-4 in the first 8 games and 4-4 in the last 8 games of 06 losing 3 of their last 5. There were some statistical improvements, but that's only natural as teams get into a rythm as the season progresses. The Bills had a better season in 06 then they did in 05, that's more telling then the first half of last year versus the second half of the year on how the team improved. If the Bills start off 4-4 this year, but end the second half of the season 5-3 or 6-2 then that will really be a sign of improvement. Oh and beating a few playoff teams along the way wouldn't hurt either.

cocamide
08-29-2007, 04:37 PM

No, because we beat the Dolphins twice, so they're the worst team.

Mad Max
08-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Pretty far.

The Colts out-premier us by a mile.

You gotta have premier players or at least have one premier unit (offense or defense, not ST) to win big in this league.

QB- Colts, all world
Bills, TBD

Receivers- Colts, all world
Bills, Evans=stud, the rest question marks

OL- Colts, very good
Bills, ermm, ummm...

TE- Colts, TWO very good ones
Bills, <CRICKETS chirping>

Coach- please

Kicker- Colts, all world
Bills, not bad

DE- All world (Freeney)
Bills, Schobels no Justin Smith much less Freeney

S- Colts, Stud (Sanders)
Bills, getting close (Whitner)

We got some work to do yet.

dplus47
08-29-2007, 05:19 PM
No, because we beat the Dolphins twice, so they're the worst team.

but the dolphins shut out the patriots once, so that makes the patriots the worst team, doesn't it? i gotta consult a cheat sheet.

Earthquake Enyart
08-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Guess you didn't see that Bear game. :::

Nighthawk
08-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Absolutely meaningless points and comparisons to the Colts. We aren't close to them.

patmoran2006
08-29-2007, 09:57 PM
MIami beat the Bears and the Bears made it to the Super Bowl.

What the **** does that mean? Is MIami Super Bowl bound this year?

Unreal your posts..

Mitchy moo
08-30-2007, 12:18 AM
MIami beat the Bears and the Bears made it to the Super Bowl.

What the **** does that mean? Is MIami Super Bowl bound this year?

Unreal your posts..

We played well enough to win that game. The line was giving the Bills +15 that game, which covered easily.

BillsFever21
08-30-2007, 03:47 AM
We played well enough to win that game. The line was giving the Bills +15 that game, which covered easily.

Big deal. Many bad teams beat good teams. We didn't even beat them. Nothing to try and brag about.

This just shows how low expectations for some Bills fans have sunk when they are happy for almost winning a game.

Mitchy moo
08-30-2007, 05:52 AM
Big deal. Many bad teams beat good teams. We didn't even beat them. Nothing to try and brag about.

This just shows how low expectations for some Bills fans have sunk when they are happy for almost winning a game.

I never said I was happy, you did. I said that the team that won the SB last year was nearly defeated by us, nothing more. I am inferring that maybe we were not as far off the mark as some would have you believe.

The difference between a SB winner and the Bills is less than some would have you think.

Mr. Pink
08-30-2007, 06:08 AM
I never said I was happy, you did. I said that the team that won the SB last year was nearly defeated by us, nothing more. I am inferring that maybe we were not as far off the mark as some would have you believe.

The difference between a SB winner and the Bills is less than some would have you think.

But the difference between the SB loser and the Bills is 33 points, if memory serves me right.

So what does that tell us?

ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING. Just like your example told us, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

You cannot judge how good your team is in a vacuum. It doesn't work that way, if we all used your mentality to gauge how good this team is, one of us could use the lose to the Lions to say that "we're the worst team in the league." Or use the comeback win vs the Texans, who suck, and say "we're barely better than one of the worst teams in the league."

It's threads like these that make me wonder how some people got out of the green. It also makes me wonder what purpose the rep system has. Which I'm thinking is none at this point.