X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wally The Barber
    • Jul 2007

Are We Asking To Much from J.P. ?

I think most fans are pretty reasonible when it comes to expectations before the seaoson starts but they continue to search for a top 5 quarterback and nothing less will do!

When you consider that the offensive line is still a work in progress and you will be starting a rookie at running back are we going to judge J.P. Losman by reading stats posted in the Buffalo News on Tuesday?

I think there is still room to grow for the entire Offense and I am not sure we have the answer at center. The line lacks a true leader like former great Kent Hull ( but that is another story for another day)

When you add the pressure generated by rookie Trent Edwards ( and yes there is pressure) you have got to ask yourself this question...

If J.P. has a good season but not great, will the fans start the quest for the next top 5 quarterback in Buffalo?

Now, some of you are going to say " We have been patient enough, its time for him to "Hop to the Top" and I am not sure that is totally fair!

Losman is going to have some bad games just like Jim Kelly had in his career and I see no need to yank the plug and turn the job over to a rookie, no matter how good he looks

The world is filled with phonies that claim to be patient as they speed by you on the I-90 every morning, but they have less patience then they will admit!

So here is my question to you...

Who are you going to hold accountable for the lack of points Buffalo will need to score to overcome the points scored against Buffalo? Its going to be a problem at the beginning of the season.

Some of you will blame Marv for not filling some holes on defense but most of you will blame #7 in your program!

I plan on judging wins and loses by looking at the entire team and if the defense can't keep the points off the board, I plan on blaming the DEFENSE!
    If Losman does not continue to improve now that's a different story!
    Last edited by Wally The Barber; 08-30-2007, 08:56 AM.
    Beware of Sarcasm
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: Are We Asking To Much from J.P. ?

I don't think Bills fans expect a top 5 QB but they want a top 15 QB without the stupid mental mistakes. He has enough starts under his belt to no longer use inexperience as an excuse. He deserves pressure to do well. He needs the OL to gel and protect him and open up the run game to help the QB. It hasn't happened so far in preseason but I am confident it will happen.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

No excuses.

Most everyone has said the O-line was upgraded this season.

Most everyone has said Lynch is an improvement over Mr. 990.

I have read a couple times about 2nd year in same offense is going to help.

If the offense looks pitiful, last or near last in all catergories like last year, the leader of the offense should take the blame.

P.S. JP is no Jim Kelly.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
        No excuses.

If the offense looks pitiful, last or near last in all catergories like last year, the leader of the offense should take the blame.

P.S. JP is not Jim Kelly.
        I expect improvement but the line does not appear ready yet!
        Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
          • May 2004

Offensive lines never seem ready in the preseason, they will be good enough to make some plays, but they won't be perfect--this happens on every team.

Lynch et.al. will be just as good as McGahee, perhaps a little better.

No receiver changes, no system changes.

Losman should be a solid QB this year, but he will never be great. We should hope for a Jon Kitna type performance, and that is about what I think we will get.
          Don't plan on JP being an elite QB during his career, and you won't be disappointed.
          "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
          --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

All I ask is that he helps win games and not lose them with his play.

He no longer has inexperience as an excuse. As for other factors, it depends on what actually happens.

His play against the Titans last week was bad, and it was on him. He made bad decisions, and his passes were off target.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• jmb1099
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
              No excuses.

P.S. JP is no Jim Kelly.
              If our offense doesn't produce this year than we are in serious trouble. It's been said before, if Losman continues to build on his performance in the second half of last year we'll be fine. That being said we need him to be solid right out of the gate with continual improvement throughout the season. This is his make or break year, he has all the physical tools, this is the year we find out if he can get his head right. As you pointed out we're in the second year of our O scheme, the effects of MM are no longer a factor, the oline is improved, and Lynch just needs to fall forward after every run to surpass 990 by the end of the season.

So... (don't fall over TD) I agree with you.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                Offensive lines never seem ready in the preseason, they will be good enough to make some plays, but they won't be perfect--this happens on every team.

Lynch et.al. will be just as good as McGahee, perhaps a little better.

No receiver changes, no system changes.

Losman should be a solid QB this year, but he will never be great. We should hope for a Jon Kitna type performance, and that is about what I think we will get.
                Don't plan on JP being an elite QB during his career, and you won't be disappointed.
                I will know more after this season and the OL gets some experince together!
                Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Philagape
                  All I ask is that he helps win games and not lose them with his play.

He no longer has inexperience as an excuse. As for other factors, it depends on what actually happens.

His play against the Titans last week was bad, and it was on him. He made bad decisions, and his passes were off target.
                  I think he is ready but I am not sure the running game can take some pressure off of him!

WE WILL SEE...
                  Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

jp was showing steady and impressive progress just about every game last year. he was going through reads and finding third and fourth options regularly by the end of the season. he had some ball protection problems but was able to shore that up once he made it a priority. and of course his physical skills are outstanding

i expect him to pick up where he left off and be quite effective. whether that means top tier in the long run remains to be seen but he certainly should be steady and at times a dangerous weapon the d has to adjust to

whether we like it or not the season hinges on him as much as anybody else. the bills arent good enough for a caretaker qb to win consistently so its gonna have to start with him pretty regularly. fortunately hes the kinda guy that loves that sort of situation
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Meathead
                      jp was showing steady and impressive progress just about every game last year. he was going through reads and finding third and fourth options regularly by the end of the season. he had some ball protection problems but was able to shore that up once he made it a priority. and of course his physical skills are outstanding

i expect him to pick up where he left off and be quite effective. whether that means top tier in the long run remains to be seen but he certainly should be steady and at times a dangerous weapon the d has to adjust to

whether we like it or not the season hinges on him as much as anybody else. the bills arent good enough for a caretaker qb to win consistently so its gonna have to start with him pretty regularly. fortunately hes the kinda guy that loves that sort of situation
                      You are a wise fan!
                      Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

only on days that have an r in them
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

JP needs to move the chains and put points on the board and not put the defense in tough situations.

Thank God we have a pro bowl punter.

Comment

Working...
                          X