PDA

View Full Version : Bills possibly interested in (OG) Keydrick Vincent

Jeff1220
08-30-2007, 10:15 AM
The Jets are one of "several teams" who are in discussions with free agent guard Keydrick Vincent.

Miami and Buffalo are also said to be interested the former Ravens' starter. The Jets' current starter at left guard is sixth-round rookie Jacob Bender.

http://rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Is he any good?

Mr. Miyagi
08-30-2007, 10:17 AM
So after spending big bucks on Dockery, we need another left guard?

justasportsfan
08-30-2007, 10:18 AM
I've always thought that we don't have much depth on the left side behind Peters and Dockery.

Elminster
08-30-2007, 10:20 AM
After seeing Duke Preston play, we need better line-depth. Anything that gets him off the field is good...

TacklingDummy
08-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Is he any good?

That depends alot on what Buffalo does.

If the Bills sign him, he has the potential to be great.

If they don't sign him, he's a bum.

HAMMER
08-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Maybe they want to move him to RG? Or is it just for depth? One things for sure, three AFC East teams aren't happy with their O-Lines.

casdhf
08-30-2007, 10:25 AM
He played RG for the Ravens in the past. He's a big guy, if I remember correctly.

acehole
08-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Maybe they want to move him to RG? Or is it just for depth? One things for sure, three AFC East teams aren't happy with their O-Lines.

Indeed Wittle is not the answer....and you cant run the ball to the left all day. They are commited to running the ball...signing anyone is refreshing.
I have had to live throught the Glen Parker days and a bad line sisce then...
there are some things to ***** about this is not one of them.

The Answer
08-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Another Bennie 'The Penalty' Anderson coming to Buffalo?

http://rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Keydrick Vincent-G-Ravens Aug. 30 - 10:45 am et

The Jets are one of "several teams" who are in discussions with free agent guard Keydrick Vincent.

Miami and Buffalo are also said to be interested the former Ravens' starter. The Jets' current starter at left guard is sixth-round rookie Jacob Bender.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Related: Bills, Dolphins, Jets

~The Answer

Dr. Lecter
08-30-2007, 11:48 AM
10 yard penalty on TheAnswer for duplicate thread posting.

Merged.

The Answer
08-30-2007, 11:52 AM
10 yard penalty on TheAnswer for duplicate thread posting.

Merged.

Sorry doctor - didn't see it.

~The Answer

DraftBoy
08-30-2007, 11:53 AM
So after spending big bucks on Dockery, we need another left guard?

He plays both LG and RG and Id be interested in brining him in

Michael82
08-30-2007, 11:55 AM
He has to be better than Duke Preston.... :ill:

:pray:

BILLSROCK1212
08-30-2007, 11:59 AM
http://rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Is he any good?
i didn't need to see a report....once i heard that teams were interested in him i knew that we were one of them

The Answer
08-30-2007, 12:00 PM
He plays both LG and RG and Id be interested in brining him in

The Penalty was touted as 'versatile' guard as well for the Ravens but he didn't exaclty work out for us did he.

No Thanks - if we are bringing in additional veteran help The Answer prefers we address the DT, LB, or DB positions first!

~The Answer

BILLSROCK1212
08-30-2007, 12:02 PM
He played RG for the Ravens in the past. He's a big guy, if I remember correctly.he used to play for the Steelers and when he became a FA and I suggested the possibility of us signing him every1 critisized me....I wouldn't mind him as a back up

DraftBoy
08-30-2007, 12:04 PM
The Penalty was touted as 'versatile' guard as well for the Ravens but he didn't exaclty work out for us did he.

No Thanks - if we are bringing in additional veteran help The Answer prefers we address the DT, LB, or DB positions first!

~The Answer
Did you want us to magically make players at these positions appear, or do you have a plan? We can only sign whose available, believe it or not.

Mahdi
08-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Vincent is a good in-line run blocker but I dont know about his abilities as a puller. Since we will be running left more often I like what Whittle brings. IMO we need someone who can move quickly from the right to the left to make plays in Run blocking since we will emphasize the left side more. In the game against Atlanta you see a perfect example of it when he pulls all the way from his side and leads Lynch around Left Tackle. He did it real fast too. He's also good in Pass Pro. I don't think Vincent is worth the investment. But if he wants to come in as a back-up for a modest contract of course no one would mind. I wonder if he can play Center...

Turf
08-30-2007, 01:37 PM
How about we look for a backup Center?

Philagape
08-30-2007, 02:14 PM
I think we could use all the help at RG we can get.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-30-2007, 02:27 PM
The key here is that there are other teams interested......we'll be beat to the punch if he's worth getting.

TigerJ
08-30-2007, 02:32 PM
Vincent does not have to be better than Preston. Bennie Anderson certainly wasn't. I don't know if he's any good or not, but the Answer does have a point. Just the fact tthat he started for another team does not make it a given that he will be better than what we've got.