PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for some football?

Gunzlingr
08-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Grammy Award-Winning Artist Records NBC "Sunday Night Football" Opening Theme "Waiting All Day For Sunday Night"

NEW YORK – August 29, 2007 – NBC Sports selected five-time Grammy Award-winner and multi-platinum recording artist, Faith Hill, to perform the opening theme for NBC Sunday Night Football, "Waiting All Day for Sunday Night." A special version of the song, "Waiting All Year for Opening Night" will air Thursday, Sept. 6 in the "NFL Opening Kickoff" as the entire 2007 NFL season kicks off on NBC with the Super Bowl Champion Indianapolis Colts hosting the New Orleans Saints. "Waiting All Day for Sunday Night" debuts Sunday, Sept. 9, NBC's first "Sunday Night Football" broadcast of 2007 featuring NFC East rivals – Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys hosting Eli Manning and the New York Giants. The opening theme will continue to weekly kick off "Sunday Night Football" every Sunday night throughout the NFL season on NBC.

"It's exciting to have been asked to sing the open for this season's Sunday Night games," said Hill. "Maybe now I'll be able to get my jersey size and some better seats for the games?"

Hill has sold 30 million records worldwide and topped the charts with 11 No. 1 singles and 20 No. 1 videos throughout her 15-year career. Her last three album releases, 1999's BREATHE, 2002's CRY and 2005's FIREFLIES all debuted consecutively at No. 1 on Billboard's Top Pop Album Chart and Country Chart, making her the only female artist ever to accomplish this feat.

"Faith Hill is a true recording star with mass appeal," said Fred Gaudelli, "NBC Sunday Night Football" producer. "It's not often that you get the opportunity to have a mega-star like Faith Hill perform the signature open to your show. We were thrilled when she agreed to do it, and even more thrilled with the performance she delivered."

http://nbcumv.com/release_detail.nbc/sports-20070829000000-faithhillperforms.html

:ill:

patmoran2006
08-30-2007, 03:20 PM
I hate Faith Hill, ever since she showed her true colors and hated on my girl Carrie Underwood when she won that award over her.

Scumbag College
08-30-2007, 03:24 PM
I hate Faith Hill, ever since she showed her true colors and hated on my girl Carrie Underwood when she won that award over her.

Are these country music people? I've never heard of any of them. Why not just show some big hits and play Slipknot or Tool music over them, I'd be fine with that intro.

:band:

shelby
08-30-2007, 03:33 PM
:ill:
how lame.......

Mr. Miyagi
08-30-2007, 03:37 PM
So they canned that song by Pink?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-30-2007, 04:17 PM
When you said "show some big hits", I thought you said "show some big tits", in reference to Faith Hill