X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce is Loose
    • Jul 2002

I did it... couldn't resist

After watching the third preseason game, I promised I wouldnt let myself draft Lynch in my draft the next evening. I had the 10th and last pick, and was pretty confident he would fall to me at numbers 30 and 31 in the fourth round, but I didnt want him.

Why suffer twice as much when the Bills lose? Hey, if the Bills get trounced and throw the second half, at least I wont have to watch my fantasy RB alternate between play action fakes and pass pretection, never gaining on his 3 points from the first half... Why risk the possibility of him, and thus the Bills, not living up to my expectations, and also lose at fantasy play?

So Im sitting there at the end of the third, and its clear he is going to be there for me as expected. I better start queueing up some players and get pshyced about them so that I dont draft him....

I found one... Roy Williams. I can be pretty confident there. Manning somehow fell to 10, so I dont want another QB. Gates is gone so its really down to RB and WR. I wasnt ready to take the drop in WR that I feel was there after Williams... Jones-Drew cant repeat... Edge isnt the old Edge... I never really liked Portis.

My pick came up and I drafted Roy Williams with my first of the two picks... I couldnt click draft on anyone else. Despite my will screaming against the idea, my hand went and hovered over the Draft button next to Lynch's name. It reamined there only for a few seconds before the left mouse button went down and up.

What the hell, we live for misery, right? I wont have to ever worry about playing against him and being torn who im rooting for (Bills by 1, Lynch has 2 fumbles, etc). I can watch my player every week and every down, and I can root. Id rather lose with Lynch than win and regret.

And to top it off I got Evans in the 5th... GO BILLS!!
  • Wally The Barber
    • Jul 2007

Re: I did it... couldn't resist

I think you did well!
    You may end up having a real good Sunday on both counts!
    Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• raphael120
      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
      • Oct 2005

Lynch is nothing more than a late round pick up at this point, who could turn out to be a steal. He didn't go in my leagues until 8th round or later.

Comment

• Bruce is Loose
        • Jul 2002

After the draft I realized he'd have been there two rounds later when I picked again, but Im happy with my team overall and have a clear concience.

As Wally said, Im setting myself up for hopefully a lot of really good Sunday's (and some that will suck)

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

I got Lynch as my 3rd RB, behind LT, Henry, and ahead of Brandon Jacobs.

Yeah I know. It was a 10 team league that lost 2 teams due to company layoffs. Now in this 8 team league everyone has a stud team.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
            Lynch is nothing more than a late round pick up at this point, who could turn out to be a steal. He didn't go in my leagues until 8th round or later.
            How is it possible a legitimate starting RB on a fairly decent offense lasts until the 8th round or later. Are these 4 man leagues? I agree his value is down but wow. Most leagues(12 man leagues) I have seen him going in the 4th, 5th at the very latest.

Comment

• ajsdx
              • Aug 2003

manning was available with the 10th pick?

Comment

• Bruce is Loose
                • Jul 2002

My friend tried to draft him with the no 7 pick, but something screwed up and he got Henry... then Westbrook went 8, and Rudi J went 9th... I guess they thought it was too early to draft a QB? QBs only get 4 pts for TDs in my leauge.
                1 LaDainian Tomlinson (RB SD)
                2 Steven Jackson (RB STL)
                3 Larry Johnson (RB KC)
                4 Shaun Alexander (RB SEA)
                5 Joseph Addai (RB IND)
                6 Frank Gore (RB SF)
                7 Travis Henry (RB DEN)
                8 Brian Westbrook (RB PHI)
                9 Rudi Johnson (RB CIN)
                10 Peyton Manning (QB IND)

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

RB and WR are the point makers...tonight should be interesting to see how long Bills players last with the BZ Staff League Draft.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X