PDA

View Full Version : Edwards looks like the real deal!!

HHURRICANE
08-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Well, it's not just the touch and great throws but his entire control of the offense. Sorry, but JP has his work cut out.

My friend said they weren't extending JP and I'm starting to see why.

BidsJr
08-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Well, it's not just the touch and great throws but his entire control of the offense. Sorry, but JP has his work cut out.

Is that a mouse in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?

casdhf
08-30-2007, 08:46 PM
He has a rich friend.

TacklingDummy
08-30-2007, 08:51 PM

He does look good back there.

Michael82
08-30-2007, 08:51 PM

yeah, well....my friend said the opposite. He said that the Bills are working on a contract extension with both JP and Lee right now. :::

Nighthawk
08-30-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm just happy to have Edwards on the Bills.

MTBillsFan
08-30-2007, 08:53 PM
We need our new Frank Reich!
GO BILLS!!!

Mitchy moo
08-30-2007, 08:54 PM
yeah, well....my friend said the opposite. He said that the Bills are working on a contract extension with both JP and Lee right now. :::

Just glad to have a good backup, just in case.

HHURRICANE
08-30-2007, 08:54 PM
When you can find anything that I have posted that hasn't happened regarding the organization or injuries let me know.

djjimkelly
08-30-2007, 08:55 PM
regardless of anything edwards looks like a solid player. thk god there wont be any nall ball ever in any real play time for the bills franchise. if JP ever got hurt

lets all remember as nice as edwards looked this preseason is was against soon to be steel mill workers and UPS drivers hell maybe even a few mcdonalds managers.

so lets not jump to any conclusions detriots 3rd stringers are way off the patriots 1st string D.

but hats off to edwards for CRUSHING NALL BALL

TacklingDummy
08-30-2007, 08:55 PM
When you can find anything that I have posted that hasn't happened regarding the organization or injuries let me know.
In Trent We Trust.

HHURRICANE
08-30-2007, 08:57 PM

You are one of my favorite people on this site...but JP doesn't get extended unless he plays lights out.

TacklingDummy
08-30-2007, 08:57 PM
lets all remember as nice as edwards looked this preseason is was against soon to be steel mill workers and UPS drivers hell maybe even a few mcdonalds managers.

That touch pass Trent made to Smith still would have been a thing of beauty against Champ Bailey.

HHURRICANE
08-30-2007, 09:00 PM

I saw Edwards make two passes tonight that would have beaten Champ Bailey and Nate Clements. Fred Flintstone could have been the receiver.

hydro
08-30-2007, 09:02 PM
I saw Edwards make two passes tonight that would have beaten Champ Bailey and Nate Clements. Fred Flintstone could have been the receiver.

Yaba daba dooooO!!!!!!!!!!!

BAM
08-30-2007, 09:03 PM
He did look good... against the backups.

JP looked good also... against their starters.

We have two good quarterbacks. Too bad Edwards won't see a snap this season.

patmoran2006
08-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Get ready for a controversy.. TRUST ME

Though it may not be JP's fault, this team's record is going to SUCK, and the people will start talking.

BTW, I been watching football long enough to know preseason is just preseason, but like it or not, Edwards looked 10x better than Losman this preason, though of course not against first string defenses

Michael82
08-30-2007, 09:18 PM
He did look good... against the backups.

JP looked good also... against their starters.

We have two good quarterbacks. Too bad Edwards won't see a snap this season.
Excellent post! :bf1:

BAM
08-30-2007, 09:19 PM
There could be a controversy, sure. I haven't seen much from DJ to show that Losman isn't his guy though. For now anyways.

I have a feeling that JP is gonna use Edwards' "emergence" as motivation and come out firing this year. Just like he did the last half of 2006.

I'm going to say a prayer for this right now. :D :beers:

im4bflo
08-30-2007, 09:19 PM
I know one thing, I'd rather have Edwards at #2 than Nall.
The kid ran the O pretty damn good.
OUR 3RD string can beat YOUR 3rd string! :snicker2:

Risin
08-30-2007, 09:22 PM
Trent looked awesome.

Not going to get too excited, until it happens during a real game.

For a rookie, he looks like a stud. (Brady Quinn who?)

As far as JP is concerned, whenever the pressure has been put on him, he's responded with flying colors.

I expect the same now, competition can only make you better.

Any fan calling for Trent now is a complete idiot, and should just kill themselves.

Risin
08-30-2007, 09:29 PM

Don't know who your "friend" is, but I have a friend from within also.

I was told they aren't in a hurry to extend him, not that they won't.

He has this year and next left, so extending him before the end of this season would be dumb.

I'm glad you have a source, but he told you something any fan with a clue could figure out.

My "friend" told me the front office is very impressed with his progress, and as long as things go as planned, you will see an extension next off-season.

I'm not one to post inside info, and brag about it, so I can't give you any scenario in the past to back my claim up.

Just will tell you that your friend is clueless, if he made that claim as being an absolute.

TigerJ
08-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Edwards looked solid. I don't think the experience factor is enough to bump Edwards back into the third spot. He's just too good. He answered one question I had when he passed deep to Mayle. Mayle dropped it but the pass was perfect.

Risin
08-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Edwards looked solid. I don't think the experience factor is enough to bump Edwards back into the third spot. He's just too good. He answered one question I had when he passed deep to Mayle. Mayle dropped it but the pass was perfect.

If he isn't #2, this staff is pitiful.

He shows maturity beyond his years on that field, and has done evrything the Bills have asked of him.

It's a different game against #1's, but I still think he'd fair better then Nall if JP went down.

HHURRICANE
08-30-2007, 10:02 PM

He has this year and next left, so extending him before the end of this season would be dumb.

I'm glad you have a source, but he told you something any fan with a clue could figure out.

My "friend" told me the front office is very impressed with his progress, and as long as things go as planned, you will see an extension next off-season.

I'm not one to post inside info, and brag about it, so I can't give you any scenario in the past to back my claim up.

Just will tell you that your friend is clueless, if he made that claim as being an absolute.

Your friend must work for my friend. I posted 2 months ago that there were concerns about JPs leadership skills in the FO. Fans "with a clue" weren't posting that.

HHURRICANE
08-30-2007, 10:03 PM

Info is info though and I'd respect the posting if "true."

Risin
08-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Your friend must work for my friend. I posted 2 months ago that there were concerns about JPs leadership skills in the FO. Fans "with a clue" weren't posting that.

I saw that post, and didn't want to hurt your credibility, so I didn't reply.

Like I said, my "friend" don't tell me things so I can run to BillsZone.

If I did that, he would no longer tell me anything.

I don't doubt you have a friend, just doubt the validity of how "in the know" he is.

TacklingDummy
08-30-2007, 10:14 PM
If both your friends are "in the know", can you ask them for 4 box seats to the opener for me? Thanks.

The Answer
08-30-2007, 10:18 PM

Edwards is a stud - and he really shined tonight especially when he had a chance to throw the ball downfield.

The clutch pass on 3rd down to Smith led to the winning score and even the long bomb that was dropped by camp fodder was as perfect an NFL throw you will see.

The young gun can make all the throws, is a leader in the pocket, has mobility and his mechanics are as good as a #1 overall pick in just 4 weeks of pro experience. This kid just 'has it'.

The Answer doesn't hate JP by any means - but after watching the young gun this preseason and camp you have to be excited and feel this team is in good hands if JP doesn't take his game to the next level.

~The Answer

Philagape
08-30-2007, 10:35 PM
TRUST ME

Your prediction history doesn't exactly inspire trust :whistling:

Romes
08-31-2007, 12:28 AM
one more pre-season like this for trent and he'll be worth 2 first round picks. :up:

northernbillfan
08-31-2007, 01:36 AM
I only caught the second half of the game tonight and I'm glad I did.

Trent Edwards looks like the real deal. JP better keep himself out of trouble and play a solid season or Edwards will step in and never give up the starting QB job. Edwards moved the ball efficiently down field, chewing up enough time to leave the Lions in a panic situation hence the gaff on the return.

Edwards needs to gain confidence on short and goal to go, but from what I saw he looks poised to be a starter in this league within a year or two.

I understand that when Trent had the ball he was playing against a second string line up, but he was still playing against guys fighting for their jobs, so the level of play a little more intense then the usual preseason second half.

My question is, does JP have a legit resason to be concerned?

BADTHINGSMAN
08-31-2007, 01:48 AM
IMO Losman should be starting to look over his shoulder.. JP has to know he must make the playoffs or have a hell of a season to get a contract extension.. Im not a JP hater and support him as QB but he must feel Edwards sneaking up on him..

Glad that if JP happens to go down(knock on wood) there is a guy that can come in and still help this team win..

What I saw from Edwards is he takes what the opposing D gives him, those dink and dunk yards turn into 1st downs, then when the opposing D inched up he started hitting his WR..

northernbillfan
08-31-2007, 02:01 AM
I concur Lefty, another thing I noticed was that Edwards had the confidence in himself to call audibles when he didn't like the look the D was giving him. That's something you don't really see in rookies.

I too am a JP supporter, not so much because of his style but because he is the starting QB for our team.

billsburgh
08-31-2007, 02:08 AM
one more pre-season like this for trent and he'll be worth 2 first round picks. :up:
good point. that would be nice. that might make up for the Rob Johnson trade way back when.

northernbillfan
08-31-2007, 02:19 AM
I'll merge this as I didn't see hhurricane's thread.

mikemac2001
08-31-2007, 02:27 AM
My friend says cheeseburgers have cheese on them

BillsFever21
08-31-2007, 02:52 AM
Everyone has "friends" around here. :rolleyes:

BillsFever21
08-31-2007, 02:55 AM
Rob Johnson played great in the preseason too. Hundreds of other players play great in the preseason that have sucked their entire career. The guys he has been going against wouldn't even make a great College Football team. Which if you remember correctly he was always injured and barely had more TD's then INT's in college.

There are a few other teams right now saying the same thing about their young or rookie QB's this preseason because of the play by their young QB. I guess the NFL will be blessed with all these great young NFL QB's that has proved they are great in preseason.

jamze132
08-31-2007, 05:13 AM
regardless of anything edwards looks like a solid player. thk god there wont be any nall ball ever in any real play time for the bills franchise. if JP ever got hurt

so lets not jump to any conclusions detriots 3rd stringers are way off the patriots 1st string D.

but hats off to edwards for CRUSHING NALL BALL
Isn't that exaclty what you would expect to happen from a good QB? What would you be saying if Edwards played like JP this pre-season?

jamze132
08-31-2007, 05:28 AM
What impressed me about that play was the fact that Trent immediatly recognized the defense and didn't waste time throwing the ball to the receiver in single coverage. I like that!

shelby
08-31-2007, 05:39 AM
My question is, does JP have a legit resason to be concerned?

Sure he does, and honestly, i'm glad for it.
If it will improve his performance, it's a good thing. You want your QB to be motivated to do his job well.

Edwards has been impressive in preseason, and i believe he'll be our # 2. That being said, JP had a good game last night for the limited time he was on the field.

djjimkelly
08-31-2007, 06:43 AM
Isn't that exaclty what you would expect to happen from a good QB? What would you be saying if Edwards played like JP this pre-season?

i dont think JP played bad at all this pre season he made what 2 poor throws vs the titans but 2 killer throws vs the titans. i think JP looked good this preseason even though not many points were scored in his drives. take into account there basically wasnt a running game in any of JP's drives.

i think the O will be fine this year the only thing im worried about truly is the #2 CB spot. i hope webster gets surprise cut today!!!

jamze132
08-31-2007, 07:25 AM
i dont think JP played bad at all this pre season he made what 2 poor throws vs the titans but 2 killer throws vs the titans. i think JP looked good this preseason even though not many points were scored in his drives. take into account there basically wasnt a running game in any of JP's drives.

i think the O will be fine this year the only thing im worried about truly is the #2 CB spot. i hope webster gets surprise cut today!!!
Webster who? I thought he was brought in for camp fodder...at least that's how he played.

Wally The Barber
08-31-2007, 07:41 AM
2 months ago we was a wasted #3 pick (lol)

jmb1099
08-31-2007, 07:46 AM
However you look at it, Edwards playing well is good for the team and that is all that matters.

Ingtar33
08-31-2007, 07:48 AM
i remember mcgahee dominated in preseason too.

don't count it for more then it is.

glorified practice.

HHURRICANE
08-31-2007, 07:57 AM
i remember mcgahee dominated in preseason too.

don't count it for more then it is.

glorified practice.

I actually agree with this. However, the guy made passes that have nothing to do with pre-season. It's not like Nall or JP have looked bad in pre-season either.

However the kid doesn't look like a rookie and he throws the ball like a seasoned vet. He was leading recivers with throws, throwing balls where the reciver was going to be. I saw an amazing player last night. That wasn't a fluke. Plus he had a ball dropped by Mayle that was perfect.

jmb1099
08-31-2007, 08:20 AM
I actually agree with this. However, the guy made passes that have nothing to do with pre-season. It's not like Nall or JP have looked bad in pre-season either.

However the kid doesn't look like a rookie and he throws the ball like a seasoned vet. He was leading recivers with throws, throwing balls where the reciver was going to be. I saw an amazing player last night. That wasn't a fluke. Plus he had a ball dropped by Mayle that was perfect.
No doubt he's played well.

TacklingDummy
08-31-2007, 09:23 AM
2 months ago we was a wasted #3 pick (lol)

Only the Losmanites thought that.

:dance: