X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Lynch needs to get in synch

IMO, the Bills coaching staff had Losman in with Lynch this game to establish timing and fortify Lynch's ability to run behind the line. Lynch just doesn't look comfortable out there. Honestly, I don't think Lynch responded well at all. The Lions DL wasn't even full of starters. It's not to say that Lynch won't make it in this league, but he needs more repitition and that's why I'm certain that A-Train will get the Lion's share of carries against the Broncos next week.
    Last edited by RedEyE; 08-30-2007, 09:21 PM.
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Lynch needs to get in synch

Lynch looked good to me. Too bad he has to run behind Fowler, Preston and Walker.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
      IMO, the Bills coaching staff had Losman in with Lynch this game to establish timing and fortify Lynch's ability to run behind the line. Lynch just doens't look comfortable out there. Honestly, I don't think Lynch responded well at all. The Lions DL wasn't even full of starters. It's not to say that Lynch won't make it in this league, but he needs more repitition and that's why I'm certain that A-Train will get the Lion's share of carries against the Broncos next week.
      Maybe the starters should have played the first half?

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
        • May 2003

I was also wondering why he didn't play more in the preseason.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

He just needs the added time with the 1st team. I know these things rarely happen overnight, I was just expecting to see more out of him today then in the past 3 games.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

LOL..

Im almost out of words which Im sure would make the majority of you happy

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              LOL..

Im almost out of words which Im sure would make the majority of you happy
              Whatever it takes Pat.

Comment

• evol4276
                • Oct 2005

as i said before the runs where he didnt do jack he was surrounded by defenders due to swarming the o-line, so good or not there isnt a whole lot you can do about that. on the other ones tho he showed great determination, even the one that got 1 yard in which he hit the wall of "humanity" (stole that from the announcers tonite haha) spun out and pushed and drove to get some positive yardage. the other was his like 4-5 yd run where he like manhandled a defender to the ground and got a lil more yards. noone really mentioned anything of that. that catch and run was a thing of beauty tho. i havent seen the last 2 games but ive seen the clips of the Tenn game and it seems he was surrounded a lot again. I do however expect him to be nervous so its nothing suprising to me for a rookie. I think tonite he showed a bit of whats to come from him and I like it. I just wish they kept the guys on for more than 2 series cuz they were connecting for some good plays.

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

So the majority of you believe that his play tonight was based solely on the poor play from the OL?

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                    • Jul 2002

So the majority of you believe that his play tonight was based solely on the poor play from the OL?
                    I don't think it was all the OL's fault, but they just haven't given him enough playing time in the preseason. I did notice that he just isn't seeing the cutback lanes at this point, but that will come with more playing time. Give him a full game and then let's judge him.

Comment

• historypete
                      • Feb 2005

The OL is very weak when it comes to run blocking, or it seems that way to me. These guys are playing soft, and that is very distrubing. I hope that changes because if not Lynch and JP are dead men walking.

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

I wouldn't say his performance sucks just because of the O-line but they do make it harder. Whether or not the line is getting beat due to talent or whatever, they are also getting beat when one of them screws up their assignment.

But one of the other things that I see that is setting Lynch up for failure is the fact that the QB isn't calling the right audible when a run is called. Is it that hard to reverse the called play to run in a different direction? I don't know too many RBs who are going to run through 7-8 defenders on the strong side when there are only maybe 2 guys on the weak side.

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

I think he's still catching up to the speed of the NFL. He seems to be trying to go full speed 100% of the time. I've seen him turn no gains into big gains in college and he had a couple opportunities like that but just wasn't patient enough.

The line also isn't in season form yet which scares me. The opponent's gameplan for the Bills will be same as last year. Stack the box and force JP to pass. This line needs to develop a nasty streak, fast. I'm hoping Butler can take over that RG spot and light a fire under the rest of these guys.

I know Fowler has been banged up this preseason but did he just play above expectations last year? I have not been happy with his play at all so far. He seems to be getting dominated on all running plays. Last night, he whiffed on his block which led to Lynch getting stuffed in the backfield and was the first defender to tackle Royal on 3rd down in that second series.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

his worst plays were all ones where the OL gave him no chance. On the ones where he had a chance, he had some nice ones and some not so great, but on the whole, I thought he was good given his limited experience. He broke a couple tackles, looked great on that catch out of the backfield, and picked up the blitz (the latter two being things his predecessor could never quite grasp).
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TedMock
                              • Jul 2002

I think it's a combination of all of the above. Let's face it. 3/5 of the line is new and Preston stinks. The gelling thing is going to take 3-5 weeks of real game action before it's at 100%. Like it or not, that's how it works, and it's very real with offensive lineman. Add that the RB is a rookie, so he has to not only get used to the speed, but also get more comfortable in hitting cutback lanes rather than being afraid to hit the wrong hole. On top of it all, we have a very tough first half of the year in front of us. I think Lynch is going to be very good, but he may not really have a big game until November 11th.

Comment

Working...
                              X