PDA

View Full Version : ALERT! Please Remain Calm - No Need to Panic

Meathead
08-30-2007, 09:51 PM
ok i want everyone to try to retain their composure here during a very difficult time

i have a potentially alarming announcement to make

you may find this quite unsettling. please hold onto something or someone, preferably a beer and/or a hottie

brace yourself

ATTENTION:

It’s at least possible the Honorable Judge Meathead could potentially be inaccurate.

steady now. deep breaths. look up to the ceiling. no vomiting

after watching every game and deliberating on the situation, judge meathead has ruled there is at least some possibility that trent edwards could be named the primary backup to jp losman entering the season

now its not a lock by any stretch, in fact it still is less than likely at this point. nall looked steady and in control and judge meathead remains confident he would be the better choice off the bench right now if losman couldnt go for any reason

however, despite it being the preseason edwards has made it difficult to ignore his performance. he has been so impressive the bills staff might take the gamble to name edwards the primary backup so that he gets the majority of the backup snaps and game planned reps in practice and is not relegated to running the scout team

that is a significant risk because if losman goes down early in the year nall would not have the reps with the installed game plan so they would be essentially forced to go with edwards much earlier than they want to. regardless of how great he has looked, he is still a rookie and every rookie qb struggles when the bullets are real. if he falters badly in that situation it could hurt his development. it also risks losing a game they could potentially have won with a much more mature and steady nall taking over. that one game could surely be the difference between a playoff spot and an early tee time

however, losman has been quite durable and his mobility and improved maturity makes him a relatively low injury risk. with edwards taking second team reps he would develop much faster over the course of the season. that makes him more attractive both as a potential trade to a qb hungry team or as a starter should they decide to move jp one way or another

its hard to imagine edwards being better than nall before mid-season, and perhaps not even then, but as long as losman stays healthy it could be a gamble potentially worth taking

judge meathead appreciates your patience and understanding in making this very difficult determination. he promises to continue to his virtually flawless record of pinpoint accuracy in making sound and well reasoned judgments

so rules judge meathead

RedEyE
08-30-2007, 09:53 PM
You crack me up, MH!

Dr. Lecter
08-30-2007, 09:58 PM
MH might have been wrong????????

Meathead
08-30-2007, 10:00 PM
thats the honorable judge meathead to you

Dr. Lecter
08-30-2007, 10:03 PM
So I can't call you ******or ****** like I usually do?

Meathead
08-30-2007, 10:08 PM
you are bordering on contempt mister

TacklingDummy
08-30-2007, 10:10 PM
JP Losman was once a rookie and we kept on hearing how he should start.

Hell, some people even went on to say JP was basically a rookie last year, his 3rd year.

Dr. Lecter
08-30-2007, 10:10 PM
I am sorry your holiness.

I mean, you honor.