PDA

View Full Version : Please read

mixxum
08-30-2007, 10:13 PM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post2090695 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175></TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2090695><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10px; WIDTH: 100%" align=left><!-- icon and title -->Scared as hell <!-- Start Post Thank You Hack --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: post_thanks_button --><!-- END TEMPLATE: post_thanks_button --><!-- End Post Thank You Hack --><!-- Start Post Groan Hack --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: post_groan_button --><!-- END TEMPLATE: post_groan_button --><!-- End Post Groan Hack -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Pretty much here is a summary of the preseason, the upcoming season and next season as seen through the eyes of a person called mixxum.

1. We invested in an offensive line that dollar for dollar is not going to live up to expectations. Run blocking will be average at best and pass blocking will be awful.

2. Jason Peters is solid but by no measure will he ever be a pro-bowler.

3. Marshawn Lynch is the real deal, however I am scared that if he keeps getting hit in the back field that he either is going to end up hurt or his mother is going to demand a trade.

4. At some point in the second half of this season or in the first half of next season the dreadful passblocking will cause JP to scramble and end up with a season ending injury. Trent Edwards will take over and never relinquish the starting QB job.

5. We never will fix the defensive line (this year or next) and will consistantly have a poor run defense as long as we have the majority of the defensive line manned by white guys (this is not meant as a racial comment or slur)

6. These are the players that are the real deal, Marshawn L., Trent E. Lee E., John Mcgargo (will finish strong and probowl next year), Donte W., Ko Simpsom, Paul P, Rosco, We need another real deal defensive linemen, Offensive linemen and WR.

7. These players are seen by many as the real deal but I feel are over rated. JP (to streaky, and will suffer from a poor offensive line), Jason Peters (Yes he is solid but by no means is he a pro-bowler). Aaron S. (strong passrusher but disgusting against the run this makes him an average defensive end at best.

8. Buffalo is going to be a victom of not being able to win the battle in the trenches. They often are going to give up large running plays on defense while to frequently getting stuffed in there own. Teams are going to put 8 men in the box and JP to Lee for a TD on 3rd and long can not propel the team into the playoffs.

9. How to fix it. We are not that far off. We need interior O line help. We need a center and Right Guard. These guys often are pushed around and a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. We need another big play threat on offensive. We need a 6' 5" WR with solid speed and skills to compliment Lee. PP and Josh are solid # 3 receivers but we need a number 2. The only way the defensive is going to improve is if players make suprising developments. We have invested alot of money in our starting defensive ends, I feel this will keep us from investing in the DT help we need. However if Kyle and John M. develop faster and better than expected at DT and can just be solid against the run then our defense can be average. But if we consistantly give up 5-7 yards on 1st down on running plays then it will be a very long and disturbing year (with me jumping up and down like a crazy man in front of the tv on Sundays). So more or less if we gave Buffalo a stud interior offensive and defensive linemen and gave them another homerun threat on offensive then we might make the playoffs, with out it this season is going to be identical to last season in almost every catagory.

This is just the thoughts of a short, stocky, slow witted bald man.

PS. I will give all of my zone bucks to the first person who tells me who the real slow witted, short, stocky bald man is.
<!-- / message -->

TacklingDummy
08-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Buffalo chips are on that other Message Board.

We use Zonebucks.

mixxum
08-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Why was this thread moved. Is it offensive in anyway? Please let me know because I would like to talk some football.

RedEyE
08-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Why was this thread moved. Is it offensive in anyway? Please let me know because I would like to talk some football.
It's back, so what did you have in mind?

mixxum
08-30-2007, 10:18 PM
I was wanting intelligent feedback on my post

RedEyE
08-30-2007, 10:20 PM
I like it. A lot.
Especially the part about Jason Peters because I agree his chances of making the PBA are probably pretty slim.

mixxum
08-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Thanks for reading, any thoughts on who the slow witted stocking bald man is? You could win all of my ZONE BUCKS!

OpIv37
08-30-2007, 10:30 PM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post2090695 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175></TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2090695><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10px; WIDTH: 100%" align=left><!-- icon and title -->Scared as hell <!-- Start Post Thank You Hack --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: post_thanks_button --><!-- END TEMPLATE: post_thanks_button --><!-- End Post Thank You Hack --><!-- Start Post Groan Hack --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: post_groan_button --><!-- END TEMPLATE: post_groan_button --><!-- End Post Groan Hack -->

<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Pretty much here is a summary of the preseason, the upcoming season and next season as seen through the eyes of a person called mixxum.

1. We invested in an offensive line that dollar for dollar is not going to live up to expectations. Run blocking will be average at best and pass blocking will be awful.

2. Jason Peters is solid but by no measure will he ever be a pro-bowler.

3. Marshawn Lynch is the real deal, however I am scared that if he keeps getting hit in the back field that he either is going to end up hurt or his mother is going to demand a trade.

4. At some point in the second half of this season or in the first half of next season the dreadful passblocking will cause JP to scramble and end up with a season ending injury. Trent Edwards will take over and never relinquish the starting QB job.

5. We never will fix the defensive line (this year or next) and will consistantly have a poor run defense as long as we have the majority of the defensive line manned by white guys (this is not meant as a racial comment or slur)

6. These are the players that are the real deal, Marshawn L., Trent E. Lee E., John Mcgargo (will finish strong and probowl next year), Donte W., Ko Simpsom, Paul P, Rosco, We need another real deal defensive linemen, Offensive linemen and WR.

7. These players are seen by many as the real deal but I feel are over rated. JP (to streaky, and will suffer from a poor offensive line), Jason Peters (Yes he is solid but by no means is he a pro-bowler). Aaron S. (strong passrusher but disgusting against the run this makes him an average defensive end at best.

8. Buffalo is going to be a victom of not being able to win the battle in the trenches. They often are going to give up large running plays on defense while to frequently getting stuffed in there own. Teams are going to put 8 men in the box and JP to Lee for a TD on 3rd and long can not propel the team into the playoffs.

9. How to fix it. We are not that far off. We need interior O line help. We need a center and Right Guard. These guys often are pushed around and a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. We need another big play threat on offensive. We need a 6' 5" WR with solid speed and skills to compliment Lee. PP and Josh are solid # 3 receivers but we need a number 2. The only way the defensive is going to improve is if players make suprising developments. We have invested alot of money in our starting defensive ends, I feel this will keep us from investing in the DT help we need. However if Kyle and John M. develop faster and better than expected at DT and can just be solid against the run then our defense can be average. But if we consistantly give up 5-7 yards on 1st down on running plays then it will be a very long and disturbing year (with me jumping up and down like a crazy man in front of the tv on Sundays). So more or less if we gave Buffalo a stud interior offensive and defensive linemen and gave them another homerun threat on offensive then we might make the playoffs, with out it this season is going to be identical to last season in almost every catagory.

This is just the thoughts of a short, stocky, slow witted bald man.

PS. I will give all of my zone bucks to the first person who tells me who the real slow witted, short, stocky bald man is.
<!-- / message -->

1. Agree on the OL- so far, the ROI has not been sufficient
2. Pro Bowl or not, he's still solid- but going back to point #1, he can't do it himself
3. This is true of every running back and RB is our deepest position
4. This is a very possible situation, but if Edwards plays better than JP, so be it. I like Losman but I'm a Bills fan first and foremost and I'd rather have the better QB on the field.
5. I think the problem is more size than race. We need some fat asses who can clog the middle like Sam and Pat used to do.
6. McCargo hasn't shown anything and Parrish needs to do a lot more than have a few good preseason games before he falls into the "real deal" category. We do need help the areas you cited.
7. Nobody's perfect and all these guys would look better if they had better supporting casts. I think Schobel and Peters are fine- JP still has to play more consistently.
8. Agreed- losing the battle in the trenches will kill us, especially on D.
9. We need to see which of our young guys develop over the season and which ones don't, and go from there. I see DT, CB and #2 WR as the biggest needs at the moment, but that could change over the course of the season

mixxum
08-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Great reply, thanks for the thoughts,
Any ideas who the slow witted stocky bald man is? If you want I will give you another clue? By the way this is just a way to spark interest in my thread. I want to promote high traffic in my topics.

OpIv37
08-30-2007, 10:39 PM
slow witted stocky bald man? that describes half of Congress.

mixxum
08-30-2007, 10:50 PM
he worked for the yankees

mixxum
08-30-2007, 10:54 PM
on tv of course

BADTHINGSMAN
08-30-2007, 11:36 PM
I pretty much agree with Op, thanks for saving me the typing Op.. :up: Sorry mixxum have no clue who the slow witted stocky bald guy your talking about is..

DGreg
08-30-2007, 11:54 PM
his first name is George

jamze132
08-31-2007, 06:28 AM
What does guessing who some fat bald guy have to do with Bills football? WTF? This thread has down syndrome.