PDA

View Full Version : couple of things I noticed tonite

evol4276
08-30-2007, 10:23 PM
#1 while again against lower d's, Edwards shows again and again why he should be the #2 over Nall. Plus he is smarter and has a better attitude than Nall. He managed the game well tonite which is something a good qb will do that has NOTHING to do with the defenses on the field. the 90-yd drive for the game-winning fieldgoal made me proud just how he handled it. and no im not saying start him, just i think he may have convinced the coaches he deserves #2 already for a rook!

#2 Fred Jackson must make this team. My personal likings for him aside this time, he showed me this preseason he can be a threat if ever used in the rb role for special situations. I really dont feel we need to hang onto Shaud any more. If this turns into another Gates deal from last year I'll be real mad. Fred I think deserves and earned himself a paycheck.

#3 Dwayne showed me he is better than everyone at drafttime thought. And I dont mean everyone as in us, i mean as in everyone who overlooked him before the draft, me included. Yes it was against the Lions, and the trash of the Lions, but his 4.8 40 means nothing when I saw him blast the hole a few times tonite. He can be fast and elusive when he wants to be. So good!

#4 I dont know his height, but I, after today, REALLY like Jenkins. I was only introduced to him today but his plays plus his heart he showed after taking hard hit after hard hit makes me wanna have us take a chance and keep this kid. He looks bigger as well which is what we need in WR. This is what preseason is for, is not only to re-prep our vets but to hopefully discover new talent in our roster, and I think this kid can be somehting for us. Im taking a real chance saying this from only seeing him in 1 game vs scrubs but heart goes a long way.

#5 Our run d looked good tonite. really good actually. our pass d, not so much. more specifically, Jabari Greer. As much as I like him, he played terrible tonite. But thats football. People are gunna have top games as well as bad games. Our D tho was easily passed on tho after like the second quarter so bleh.. hopefully McGee comes back full strength and he helps us. Was Webster or Thomas on the field at all tonite? I forgot to look and by the time I remembered they all were off the field already. POZ is coming along good. Youboty was all over the field tonite and I liked that a lot :-) McCargo made some plays, and our D finally at times got some penetration.

#6 Even without Evans, our O looked good tonite. Back to how I'd like us to be, even if it was only 2 drives. I did not however like the O-Line play, which is why Lynch didnt have more yards. I don't blame him at all for that and saw his potential in a few of his runs and his over-the-middle catch and run. Im excited for him :-) he doesnt need to put up big numbers in preseason to impress me, just watching his moving and ability and drive to get yards impresses me

so there that is. Im not much of one to post these kinds of things but I tried this time haha. And yes i know you guys are gunna go up and down saying how "vanilla" everything was and how everyone played against back-ups, but w/e players have to start somewhere!

mixxum
08-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Are you sure we watched the same game?

Fred looked good against scrubs

Trent Edwards also looked good against scrubs. (however I do like him)

If you are saying that our run D looked good against the Detroit Lionesses then you are pretty desperate man.

evol4276
08-30-2007, 10:43 PM
we allowed an ave 3.3 yds a rush which is better than we have. if 3.9 yds for McGahee ave. was bad how is 3.3 for a team allowed good for them? without the 15 yd run which was the longest we allowed an ave. 2.7 we had a bunch of run stuffs, especially when we muffed the punt in the redzone, and on a few 3rd n shorts. the old buffalo wulda easily let them walk in th endzone but we did a great job this game. i dont really understand what the attacking is for? but w/e thats not the point. i also did say those guys did good. against scrubs. so thx for reiderating that for me.

TigerJ
08-30-2007, 10:57 PM
Kevin Jones did not play for Detroit. He is by far their most explosive running back. I would't read too much into that relatively low yards per carry the Bills defense achieved. Still, that's a lot better than allowing the second tier guys to rip of yardage in big chunks. TJ Duckett is a load though.

Mixxum, while it's true that Edwards was playing agains scrubs, he was also throwing the ball to scrubs, and they were catching it, except from Mayle's drop on the long pass. While starters might be better at disguising coverage, closing gaps and things, the QB still has to put the ball where his own receivers can catch it. Edwards does that really well. On a few occasions he fit in some pretty tight coverage too.

I just checked the Bills roster. Jenkins is 6' even. That's not huge, but bigger than some guys on the roster.

evol4276
08-30-2007, 11:03 PM
still tho i believe he and tatum bell are still hurt so if this were normal conditions this is who wulda started. plus i believe i read somewhere, but dont quote me on this, that jones is on the verge of being traded or such? but i dunno if thats right either way im happy how they played. any other time even with the second-tier rbs we stll wulda been made an ass out of.

oh and thank you for the jenkins deal :-)

PECKERWOOD
08-30-2007, 11:12 PM
Youboty looks good.. He should have a significant role in our secondary this season. I talked alot of crap about this kid and I'm just going to own up to it now because I think he will continue to prove me wrong.

Anderson looked pretty good! He did well against the run.

Posluszny looked pretty good too.

Edwards looks fantastic.

Butler looked pretty dominating from what I saw of him.

That's it off the top of my head.

Elminster
08-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Youboty looks good.. He should have a significant role in our secondary this season. I talked alot of crap about this kid and I'm just going to own up to it now because I think he will continue to prove me wrong.

Anderson looked pretty good! He did well against the run.

Posluszny looked pretty good too.

Edwards looks fantastic.

Butler looked pretty dominating from what I saw of him.

That's it off the top of my head.
Crow's not so bad...I had mine over Josh Reed last year. Glad to hear the world might last until tomorrow...some one tell Op! :rain:

Oaf
08-31-2007, 01:53 AM
Youboty sure DID look good.