PDA

View Full Version : Our best RG...Brad Butler.

HHURRICANE
08-31-2007, 07:18 AM
After watching Preston and Whittle I'd take the chance on the rookie. He's solid and looked great last night. Even Steve Tasker was impressed.

With that said Fowler and Walker got schooled last night. Maybe it's time for McNalley to go.

FlyingDutchman
08-31-2007, 07:32 AM
Walker had 2 tackles against our own team! hes so damn slow at pulling. I still love Mcnally though.

TigerJ
08-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Butler was very solid. I would start him.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-31-2007, 10:10 AM
I am starting get a little worried about Walke as the RT. What do you guys think of Pennington just incase we need him. I didn't watch him much last year so I dont know what to think. as for Butler I watched only him while he was in and he was great.

bigbub2352
08-31-2007, 10:10 AM
Butler should be the starter if he can stay healthy, i got to say i have been impressed with Walkers pass blocking, but Preston, Whittle, and Fowler are why everytime Lynch gets the ball he is hit up the middle, Butler would bring a nasty streak to the line, and let Whittle try and beat out Fowler at C he sucks bad

THATHURMANATOR
08-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Butler will get playing time in the regular season I have a feeling.

djjimkelly
08-31-2007, 10:30 AM
i was talking to miami dolphin fan friend and that was myu call last night butler will be the RG a few games into year. i dont think coaches have it in them to start him week1 even though they probably should

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-31-2007, 11:27 AM
I saw Walker just wiff a couple times when pulling and get pushed into the backfield by sean cody. I was optimistic about him, but he hasn't shown it so far. I am willing to chalk it up to new o-line trying to gel and pre-season. Cant wait to see the real ****.

Michael82
08-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Butler will be the starting RG by week 4, IMO. If he never got injured he would have locked the job up by week 2 of the preseason.

ZacGriffi~82
08-31-2007, 12:00 PM
The coaches want him to win job...you can tell. It's easy to see why.

Don't Panic
08-31-2007, 12:07 PM
If Walker isn't the starting RT in week 1, then he was a major mistake. That being said, I'm not sure anyone else looked good enough to justify replacing him. The job might be his by default. That's hope there's some steady progression from here. As for Butler, I didn't see the game, but all the talk has been solid. That's encouraging considering the other contenders. Agreed that it'll probably take a couple of weeks to get him involved.

raphael120
08-31-2007, 01:02 PM
Walker and Melvin Fowler.

Two of the many examples of the incompetant FA signings during this administration.

Captain gameboy
08-31-2007, 01:03 PM
The coaches want him to win job...you can tell. It's easy to see why.

I have met the guy, watched him during his college years, and I can tell you that he is an extremely good guy.

I don't think he'll ever be a pro bowl level guard, but I cannot think of one guy on this roster that I like more.

casdhf
08-31-2007, 03:30 PM
minus the whole kiwanuka thing

feldspar
08-31-2007, 07:24 PM
Butler is my man.

I think, if he doesn't start, he should at least see some time as early as game one.

Too bad he got hurt, or he would be starting.

Forget Whittle; he won't be the starter all year. No way.

Most of all, forget the Duke. He's not "A #1." No way he should ever start.

Goobylal
08-31-2007, 08:44 PM
minus the whole kiwanuka thing
Did Butler ever talk about what happened there? That was pretty low.

BillsFever21
09-01-2007, 12:33 AM
Walker and Melvin Fowler.

Two of the many examples of the incompetant FA signings during this administration.

These guys are absolutely pathetic. Walker did more for the Lions in tackling 2 of our players then he did for us. There is a reason why he gave up 11 sacks last year and wasn't even wanted by the worst OL in the league. This was an uncalled for and unjustiable signing by Levy especially for the money he was paid. Fowler is better but not by much. That is like somebody saying that their 1998 Ford Contour is better then your 1995 Ford Festiva.

Our OL is still very weak. Our overpaid upgrade at LG is the only difference in our line from last year. Fowler is still terrible and Walker isn't even better then Terrance Pennington or Mike Gandy.

patmoran2006
09-01-2007, 09:28 AM
I am starting get a little worried about Walke as the RT. What do you guys think of Pennington just incase we need him. I didn't watch him much last year so I dont know what to think. as for Butler I watched only him while he was in and he was great.
LOL you should worry about him.. He ****ing SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! He's the worst OL on this team and that's really bad.

BTW, I agree about Butler.. He should and will be starting at some point, maybe after our bye

Goobylal
09-01-2007, 09:35 AM
LOL you should worry about him.. He ****ing SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! He's the worst OL on this team and that's really bad.
LMAO! Yeah, okay.

patmoran2006
09-01-2007, 09:40 AM
Are you saying he's NOT the worst starter on this team?

Goobylal
09-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Worse than Preston or Whittle? Hell no.

Philagape
09-01-2007, 09:50 AM
What's sad about this team is that the debates on many of the positions is over who's worse, not who's better.

Goobylal
09-01-2007, 09:51 AM
That depends on WHO starts the debate: a Pos or a Neg.