X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Coaching

I hate to even bring this up cause I know where it is going to go, and that is a shame.

But.

Why didn't Dick challenge that catch by Peerless? I thought that had a good chance of being oveturned and sustaining the drive. Dumb move imho.

Also, the o-line looks terrible. I hope they are just running base protections not showing their cards.

I will say this, with the cost of the O-Line they better come out flying. I give McNally till week 4 and if the line isn't a strength on this team he needs to go.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: Coaching

yeah thats the only significant criticism i have of the dick, hes pretty bad at the whole challenge thing

at first i just chalked it up to being a very fast play, very hard to see live, easy to miss

and normally it wouldnt even matter much, being preseason. but his track record in the past on those has been so poor that they should be using the practice games to try to get that process down better. somebody upstairs should be ready to make the call or at least have some process on the sideline to make a decision

everybody misses tough calls like that sometimes but they can and do make a huge diff in a game. i would have liked to see them react better
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

I'm not sold on Dickey and his coaching abilities. We will just have to wait out the season and see how it goes, but he definitely doesn't instill confidence in the fans.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

How about spiking the ball instead of using that last time out right before halftime? Might have had time to throw one into the end zone.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

I couldn't believe that we rushed to punt the ball instead of challenging it. What a dumb move!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
            yeah thats the only significant criticism i have of the dick, hes pretty bad at the whole challenge thing

at first i just chalked it up to being a very fast play, very hard to see live, easy to miss

and normally it wouldnt even matter much, being preseason. but his track record in the past on those has been so poor that they should be using the practice games to try to get that process down better. somebody upstairs should be ready to make the call or at least have some process on the sideline to make a decision

everybody misses tough calls like that sometimes but they can and do make a huge diff in a game. i would have liked to see them react better
            I agree with this, but Jauron's use of time outs also sucked. My impression of him from last year is that he's great at getting the team prepared for the game, but once kickoff starts, he doesn't know what the hell he's doing.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• raphael120
              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
              • Oct 2005

That is one thing the Bills announcers last night kept bringing up. Both those instances , challenge that play, and why are you spiking when you have a time out?

Just bad coaching calls right there and for a Ivy leaguer, youd think he'd be smart enough to knowa bout that ****.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

I had no problem with Dick not challenging the call. coaches hate the 3rd preseason game. They don't even want to play this game. I too would want this game to move fast and get over with preseason. Now Ellison is injured.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  I had no problem with Dick not challenging the call. coaches hate the 3rd preseason game. They don't even want to play this game. I too would want this game to move fast and get over with preseason. Now Ellison is injured.
                  it was the 4th preseason game, not the 3rd. And I highly doubt anyone would have gotten injured during a challenge time out (well, maybe McCargo).

The purpose of pre season games is to practice and Jauron should have been practicing how he'd use challenges and time outs in a game. Making the game go 10 extram minutes or so isn't going to lead to increased injuries- that is a really lame premise.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    it was the 4th preseason game, not the 3rd. .
                    thanks..
                    And I highly doubt anyone would have gotten injured during a challenge time out (well, maybe McCargo). .
                    Ellison is down. That's a fact.

You don't risk anymore players than you have to. Why challenge it , so that JP and Price can get on the field again and continue? FOR WHAT? RISK more injuries? No thanks.

I saw enough of JP and the starters. I cringed everytime the ball was snapped hoping nobody get's injured. The 4th preseason game is for final auditions.

The purpose of pre season games is to practice and Jauron should have been practicing how he'd use challenges and time outs in a game. Making the game go 10 extram minutes or so isn't going to lead to increased injuries- that is a really lame premise.
                    If he wanted to practice then he should've kept his starters in there for more than 2 series.

Why did he leave Evans out?

You may think it's lame, now we have one starter down . If Ellisons replacement stinks it up , we know you'll be *****ing again and blaming MArv.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

Jauron is a stop gap to settle things down after the TD debacle, we need to have a real GM in here not someone to sell tickets, sorry but anyone who thinks Marv is the one who picked the drafts is wrong it has been Modrak and Overdorf anf GUy, runnin this team, 1 more year and i think both might be gone, Marv should be for health reasons alone, i alwasy thought we should have gotten Mike Sherman!
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
                        • Feb 2005

He is way to light with his preseason, and i think makin Poz battle it out with Digorgio hurt his development as well
                        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                          He is way to light with his preseason, and i think makin Poz battle it out with Digorgio hurt his development as well
                          who's? POZ or DiG?

I hope DiG get's a shot and ends up following the likes of Fletcher. I'm not sold on Crowell just yet and in case he fails at least POZ can play OLB IF DiG steps up.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

u dont draft a LB in the second rnd not to start, and with his career at PSU and the money we r payin him he better start, DIg is good and i like him better than Ellison, play him there, same size, more speed, Poz needs to be this teams franchise MLB, Crowell should be a stud, not sold on Ellison
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

u dont draft a LB in the second rnd not to start,
                              I've always understood that but as a fan, how can you not want a player on your team to step up and play like a probowler if given the chance NO MATTER WHERE HE WAS DRAFTED? I want POZ to be a probowler and I want DiG to become one as well . I want DiG to be given the same chance as anyone on this team. If we're not careful about it and since the draft is a crapshoot, we may end up with several Mike Williams who can't play for crap but keep starting him because of where he was drafted.

and with his career at PSU and the money we r payin him he better start, DIg is good and i like him better than Ellison, play him there, same size, more speed, Poz needs to be this teams franchise MLB, Crowell should be a stud, not sold on Ellison
                              I agree but let POZ earn the job just like JP had to inspite of what we gave up to draft him.

a 6th rd draft qb went on to replace the Pats' franchise qb because he was given a shot at it.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X