PDA

View Full Version : This board lacks passion!

Wally The Barber
08-31-2007, 08:58 AM
You watched the game last night and you certainly are not going to give us the old " Its only preseason" garbage.
If the Bills were 4-0 in preseason and averaged 35 points a game you would certainly BELIEVE that means something!
The Bills have some serious problems on Defense and the opener is only 10 days away!

We need to add a shut down CB to this team this week.

Atleast 2 DT

We may now need to add a LB if Ellison's injury is serious!

The defense is in serious need of leadership and that is an understatment!

Are you just going to sit back and say " Oh Well "

We need some answers and nobody seems to care today!

I have been a fan for 40 years and I remember fans calling the radio stations
demanding something be done about it!

The Bills need to pull off a trade for some help and I have never seen a more obvious situation.

If nothing is done lets just say I will be disapointed in Marv.

I have been listoning to WGR this morning and I have never heard such a bunch of " Expect nothing and you will get nothing" fans! Its embarrassing!

Maybe you are waiting for the Sabres to start playing, I am counting on the Bills to make the necessary adjustments to make a run for playoffs!

BidsJr
08-31-2007, 09:01 AM
[QUOTE=Wally]
The Bills need to pull off a trade for some help and I have never seen a more obvious situation.

QUOTE]

Lets just say this post is embarassing. If you have never seen a more obvious situation then you certainly haven't been a fan for the last 40 years.

What a joke.

Wally The Barber
08-31-2007, 09:03 AM
[quote=Wally]

QUOTE]

Lets just say this post is embarassing. If you have never seen a more obvious situation then you certainly haven't been a fan for the last 40 years.

What a joke.

Aren't you suppose to be in school....its past 8:30 and you forgot your milk money!

BidsJr
08-31-2007, 09:05 AM
[quote=BidsJr]

Aren't you suppose to be in school....its past 8:30 and you forgot your milk money!

Go away Troll.

Wally The Barber
08-31-2007, 09:08 AM
[quote=Wally]

Go away Troll.

I am surprised you know how to spell it!

Mr. Pink
08-31-2007, 09:46 AM
Wally, you do have a few valid points but....

A. DT, who are we gonna get? No one of any real help of significance is likely to be released Saturday. Unless we wanna pick up two guys that rival the skills of Timmy Tub O Goo.

B. LB depth, if Ellison's injury is serious, hopefully not...I could definitely see us picking up someone here for depth purposes.

C. Shut down corner? Unnecessary in the cover 2 scheme. Doesn't matter who your corners are if you can't pressure the QB, Champ Bailey can't even cover someone for 6 seconds.

Unfortunately, we have another year of growing pains to deal with this year. Next year, via the draft or FA, I hope we shore up our ridiculously thin and limited talent DT position. I figure if we can get a stud DT this defense might actually work for us.

madness
08-31-2007, 09:52 AM
:stfu: you old fart!

How's that for passion? :madpeace:

Wally The Barber
08-31-2007, 10:03 AM
Wally, you do have a few valid points but....

A. DT, who are we gonna get? No one of any real help of significance is likely to be released Saturday. Unless we wanna pick up two guys that rival the skills of Timmy Tub O Goo.

B. LB depth, if Ellison's injury is serious, hopefully not...I could definitely see us picking up someone here for depth purposes.

C. Shut down corner? Unnecessary in the cover 2 scheme. Doesn't matter who your corners are if you can't pressure the QB, Champ Bailey can't even cover someone for 6 seconds.

Unfortunately, we have another year of growing pains to deal with this year. Next year, via the draft or FA, I hope we shore up our ridiculously thin and limited talent DT position. I figure if we can get a stud DT this defense might actually work for us.

I do not expect Marv to break the bank and go crazy making deals.

But I do know that Warren Sapp is on his way out of Oakland by all reports and I think he could be had for a late pick!
He plays Tampa 2

I would just like to see an experienced CB added and the wavier wire will surlely have a few players exposed!

I am looking for some on the field Leadership, I don't think the team has any!

Mr. Pink
08-31-2007, 10:28 AM
I completely agree with the on the field leadership. If Sapp was indeed available, he'd be a great stopgap pickup. Leadership wise, teaching wise and even though he's old skill set wise.

That's why I think our defense will miss Fletch, his departure left a HUGE void in the leadership department.

OpIv37
08-31-2007, 10:35 AM

we may not need "shut down" corners but we can do better than what we have. I agree though- the crappy DL and inability to pressure the QB is going to hold back the rest of the D. It frustrates me that DL wasn't more of a priority in the off-season.

Wally The Barber
08-31-2007, 10:59 AM
:stfu: you old fart!

How's that for passion? :madpeace:

I like it!

Wally The Barber
08-31-2007, 11:01 AM
we may not need "shut down" corners but we can do better than what we have. I agree though- the crappy DL and inability to pressure the QB is going to hold back the rest of the D. It frustrates me that DL wasn't more of a priority in the off-season.

We agree, I just do not believe it.

Its not like we need to rebuild every position !

shelby
08-31-2007, 11:36 AM
Wally, surely you realize this board does not lack passion.
It is full of armchair GMs!:D

Seriously, y'all, personal attacks are unnecessary. Let's stick to the topic at hand.

justasportsfan
08-31-2007, 11:39 AM
If preseason meant anything, we need a real rb. Lynch blows.

Wally The Barber
08-31-2007, 11:43 AM
If preseason meant anything, we need a real rb. Lynch blows.

OOppss

TSZmike
08-31-2007, 11:56 AM
I completely agree with the on the field leadership. If Sapp was indeed available, he'd be a great stopgap pickup. Leadership wise, teaching wise and even though he's old skill set wise.

That's why I think our defense will miss Fletch, his departure left a HUGE void in the leadership department.Totally agree this defense could be good but there is no one to say "come on guys" and everyone listened. With Fletcher I think the Bills had that. I like what they did with this team before last season I am just scratching my head this season, thats for sure.

shelby
08-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Fletch was always underrated.

Who can take on the leadership role? Schobel would be my first thought.

TSZmike
08-31-2007, 12:05 PM

Who can take on the leadership role? Schobel would be my first thought.He just seems like the country guy or something to me. Not sure on this but someone needs to step up. Young defenses can be good but they can get out of control without a leader.

ddaryl
08-31-2007, 12:34 PM
I share many peoples concern here.

Our starting D is very weak. Bend don't break is a term used to describe bad defenses, not a scheme.

and our running starting O's running game has shown us nothing.

I love staying optomistic during the offseason, but pre-season has definitely shown us what we can expect.... growing pains, and probably less then 7 wins.

BAM
08-31-2007, 12:37 PM
http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/PassionOfTheJew.jpg

OpIv37
08-31-2007, 12:40 PM

it's hard for a defensive linemen to take on that leadership role because when the O shows their formation, the DL's are usually low and close to the OL's so they don't have a good view. Schobel can help but someone in the back 7 is going to have to be the one recognizing offenses and moving people into the right place. My guess is Poz will be able to do this eventually, but someone's gonna have to step up while he learns.

justasportsfan
08-31-2007, 01:25 PM

not gonna happen. Schobel is too quiet. He's not vocal and usually leads by performance. Kelsay has already been more vocal. My guess is , for now it's Crowell until Poz is ready to assume the role.