PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the worst person to make this team?

Bills Juggernaut
08-31-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm not asking who should make the team who shouldn't, but of the players that make the team, who will be the worst.

I think its an interesting question.

My pick is Duke Preston. This guy is garabage no matter what position he plays.

Others?

Mr. Pink
08-31-2007, 11:15 AM
Timmy Tub O Goo Anderson

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-31-2007, 11:20 AM
Has to be Anderson

Wally The Barber
08-31-2007, 11:23 AM
Has to be Anderson

I have to go with Webster at this point!

Mahdi
08-31-2007, 11:29 AM
Anderson has quietly had a solid pre-season. For some reason he got tagged as a bad player and his rep speaks louder than his play which has been good. He did add on weight but I think that he was told to do that and he has used it to plug up some holes. From what I have seen in the four games was that he is able to apply some pressure on QBs and make some plays in the run game at the point of attack as well as sliding down the LOS. He will not be the worst to make the team. IMO it will be either Preston or Neufeld. Preston isnt strong enough to be a road-grater, fast enough to be a puller or good enough in Pass Pro. His only advantage is he can suck at many positions instead of just one. Neufeld has never done anything at all for this team yet he always seems to be a lock to make it... wierd.

justasportsfan
08-31-2007, 11:37 AM
Anderson has quietly had a solid pre-season. For some reason he got tagged as a bad player and his rep speaks louder than his play which has been good. He did add on weight but I think that he was told to do that and he has used it to plug up some holes. From what I have seen in the four games was that he is able to apply some pressure on QBs and make some plays in the run game at the point of attack as well as sliding down the LOS. He will not be the worst to make the team. IMO it will be either Preston or Neufeld. Preston isnt strong enough to be a road-grater, fast enough to be a puller or good enough in Pass Pro. His only advantage is he can suck at many positions instead of just one. Neufeld has never done anything at all for this team yet he always seems to be a lock to make it... wierd.
exactly. I'm not ready to say he's turned his game around but let's give credit where credit is due. He hasn't played as badly as I expected him to play. He wasn't great but he didn't stink either. It's only preseason though. Let's see what he can do in regular games.

bigbub2352
08-31-2007, 11:41 AM
jim leonard, jason webster, melvin fowler, duke preston, tim anderson, ryan nuefeld, shaud williams, larry triplett, mario haggan, josh stamer, sam aiken, josh reed, most of these guys did nothing but contribute to last years 7-9 record and shown no improvement, throw kevin everett in there as well, and some have been here for the last 4-5 bad seasons, time to make some changes seriously

justasportsfan
08-31-2007, 11:44 AM
jim leonard, jason webster, melvin fowler, duke preston, tim anderson, ryan nuefeld, shaud williams, larry triplett, mario haggan, josh stamer, sam aiken, josh reed, most of these guys did nothing but contribute to last years 7-9 record and shown no improvement, throw kevin everett in there as well, and some have been here for the last 4-5 bad seasons, time to make some changes seriously
you forgot JP LOsman, A_Train , kelsay , and Parrish. If you're gonna put Webster to that list, might as well add Walker and Dockery. They haven't done anything significant .

Dang we need a new team.

bigbub2352
08-31-2007, 11:47 AM
you forgot JP LOsman, A_Train , kelsay , and Parrish. If you're gonna put Webster to that list, might as well out in Walker and Dockery.

Dang we need a new team.

i know it sounds harsh but the truth hurts to some, i dont think we should get rid of JP, or Parrish and no the sky is not falling but it is the truth, man look how bad we sucked the last 7 years, and i am not talking about many starters in my list, but for sake of argument, what guys on my list would u keep truthfully if u were a playoff contending team, i will throw A-train on my list as well to make u feel better lol

justasportsfan
08-31-2007, 11:52 AM
i know it sounds harsh but the truth hurts to some, i dont think we should get rid of JP, or Parrish and no the sky is not falling but it is the truth, man look how bad we sucked the last 7 years, and i am not talking about many starters in my list, but for sake of argument, what guys on my list would u keep truthfully if u were a playoff contending team, i will throw A-train on my list as well to make u feel better lol
Jp and Parrish haven't shown any improvement from what they've done last year. I don't think they should get a pass .

This is only the 2nd year with this new team. I'd give most of the players in your list a chance before we start calling for their heads. You may have not liked 7-9 but that's actually a great start for any teams that's rebuilding.

hydro
08-31-2007, 11:55 AM
This seems a little over dramatic to me. So you expect to have players that are backup who should be starters somewhere else? Backups are obviously going to be flawed but they are on the team because they are the next best option.

When you look at our preseason the only reason why we have won any games is because our 2nd, 3rd stringers have been better than the other teams 2nd, and 3rd stringers. So really our backups must be better than other teams.

mysticsoto
08-31-2007, 12:27 PM
Leonard. Period. He can't play safety - he's just too small and gets run over by team mascots. He can't return either in ST. One big hit, and he pops the ball out like a pez dispenser...

Michael82
08-31-2007, 12:34 PM
Duke Preston

OpIv37
08-31-2007, 12:36 PM

define "good pre season". He did well in the 3rd game and didn't do bad last night, but got manhandled by scrubs in the first two games. The guy is crap, extra weight or not. He's constantly stonewalled at the LOS. The only phase of the game he's even remotely good at is getting in the passing lane and deflecting balls, but he doesn't even do that consistently.

The Answer
08-31-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm not asking who should make the team who shouldn't, but of the players that make the team, who will be the worst.

I think its an interesting question.

My pick is Duke Preston. This guy is garabage no matter what position he plays.

Others?

The entire starting oline, josh reed, tim anderson, larry tripplett, every TE we have, Terrance mcgee, atrain, keith ellison, coy wire, jason webster, jabari gree, john mccargo - oh wait you said just one person right?

~The Answer

Meathead
08-31-2007, 12:47 PM
i heard jason peters eats pit bulls

Night Train
08-31-2007, 12:47 PM
I'd be the worst person to make this team.

Dr. Lecter
08-31-2007, 12:51 PM
The entire starting oline, josh reed, tim anderson, larry tripplett, every TE we have, Terrance mcgee, atrain, keith ellison, coy wire, jason webster, jabari gree, john mccargo - oh wait you said just one person right?

~The Answer

If Kelly Holcomb was still here, the answer would be easy. ;)

justasportsfan
08-31-2007, 01:02 PM
define "good pre season". He did well in the 3rd game and didn't do bad last night, but got manhandled by scrubs in the first two games. The guy is crap, extra weight or not. He's constantly stonewalled at the LOS. The only phase of the game he's even remotely good at is getting in the passing lane and deflecting balls, but he doesn't even do that consistently.
I don't like Anderson either but he didn't do bad in the first game either.

OpIv37
08-31-2007, 01:09 PM
I don't like Anderson either but he didn't do bad in the first game either.

I seem to remember him getting pushed around by the scrubs at the end of the game, but it's your memory vs mine so there's no point in arguing it.

justasportsfan
08-31-2007, 01:17 PM
I seem to remember him getting pushed around by the scrubs at the end of the game, but it's your memory vs mine so there's no point in arguing it.
that's because you're jaded by the thought that he stinks . You find fault in players that you don't like .

He had a tackle for a loss and a pass batted down agains the saints 1st team in that game.

bigbub2352
08-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Jp and Parrish haven't shown any improvement from what they've done last year. I don't think they should get a pass .

This is only the 2nd year with this new team. I'd give most of the players in your list a chance before we start calling for their heads. You may have not liked 7-9 but that's actually a great start for any teams that's rebuilding.
any way u look at it most of the guys on my list have been here long enough to know that they only contribute on ST, i see ur point but i do think Triplett was a bad signin, Tim Anderson made 1 play in last nights game, and the three previous he was absolutley terrible, and the last 3 years he has been terrible and was a horrible 3rd round pick, who TD reached for, cause he was rated much lower, Sam Aiken is in his 5th year and has what 2 career catches, gives no upside of offense, Josh Reed, will be there for 7 games this year again, pay him number 2 money to be a number 4, Mario Haggan has never made a regular season tackle on defense in 4 years nor has Stamer, Webster has been abused all camp, Jim Leonard has a ton of heart but unfortunatley he is to small and offers nothing but gettin beat on pass plays and gettin run over by RB's all day, and he is awesome at punt returns he gets u those tuff 3 yds,
I UNDERSTAND we need depth, but if u have the same depth for 4-5 years and your team sucks then dont u guys see a pattern here, i understand what some of those guys bring to the table for ST, but i will let our ST fall to 10 in the standings if it means winning some games, not havin 5 steve taskers on the team, but no don beebe, kenneth davis, frank reich, etc.

Just sayin we cant keep hangin on to the same guys and waitin, the league is passin us bye look to our record the last 10 years for a referance

justasportsfan
08-31-2007, 01:57 PM
Just sayin we cant keep hangin on to the same guys and waitin, the league is passin us bye look to our record the last 10 years for a referance
at this point we have no choice. Most of the players you listed are players we inherited and it's only been a year since we got rid of TD. It can be argued that we shouldn't have kept Kelsay but guys like Reed have been instrumental in JP's development. We just can't replace everyone on your list as well or we'd be rebuilding over and over again instead of building continuity. We also have competition for players services with 31 other teams.

Some of the players also chose to leave. Would've loved to keep Clements but not a chance.

bigbub2352
08-31-2007, 04:37 PM
at this point we have no choice. Most of the players you listed are players we inherited and it's only been a year since we got rid of TD. It can be argued that we shouldn't have kept Kelsay but guys like Reed have been instrumental in JP's development. We just can't replace everyone on your list as well or we'd be rebuilding over and over again instead of building continuity. We also have competition for players services with 31 other teams.

Some of the players also chose to leave. Would've loved to keep Clements but not a chance.

We had the salary cap room to lock up Clements long term the year before when he signed the 1yr, and had it last year as well, i hate to say it but with the exception on1999 he have been rebuilding since 1995, what one more year and get it right for a change

justasportsfan
08-31-2007, 05:24 PM
We had the salary cap room to lock up Clements long term the year before when he signed the 1yr, and had it last year as well, i hate to say it but with the exception on1999 he have been rebuilding since 1995, what one more year and get it right for a change
I never disagreed that Marrv screwed up with Clements.