PDA

View Full Version : After taking a day to think about Edwards.......

Mitchy moo
08-31-2007, 02:37 PM
He looked fairly poised for a rookie QB. The speed of NFL ball doesn't seem to phase him and his actual ability to stand in there and release just in time almost seemed second nature like. I know that he wasn't playing against the first string and yes there we're some nobodies out there but he was always standing up and firing balls.

I'm glad we have a backup that might move-up.

LtBillsFan66
08-31-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm glad we have a QB of the future.

Risin
08-31-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm glad we have a QB of the future.

You're right.

JP is only 26, he can play another 10 years.

:respect:

Wally The Barber
08-31-2007, 04:10 PM
He played his college career without any time to throw the ball.

I have never seen a rookie play like that, Ever!

He could have atleast thrown one interception in Preseason so we would all think he was a normal Rookie!

Earthquake Enyart
08-31-2007, 04:12 PM
I liked the fact that in the 3rd quarter they called a play that forced him to throw deep. Hit the sluggo right on the money, but he dropped it.

Wally The Barber
08-31-2007, 04:16 PM
I liked the fact that in the 3rd quarter they called a play that forced him to throw deep. Hit the sluggo right on the money, but he dropped it.

I have read several articles on him and some say he does not have a strong arm and I saw one last week that says he has a POWERFULL ARM!

U- Pick?

Yasgur's Farm
08-31-2007, 04:19 PM
It's good to have 2 good young QB's... Kinda like the Joe Montana/Steve Young days. Like Young, Edwards will get his shot when JP's done or moves on.

Jeff1220
08-31-2007, 04:24 PM
I hope JP succeeds, but he has not yet shown me enough to where I'm confident that he can do it on a consistent basis. Hopefully this year is when the consistency kicks in.
I am glad that TEdwards is there in the case that JP doesn't get it together, or in the event that he plays well, but the he and the team still decide to go in different directions. Edwards looks like a baller. Having a good QB as a back-up is a good problem to have.

Mudflap1
08-31-2007, 04:28 PM
It's good to have 2 good young QB's... Kinda like the Joe Montana/Steve Young days. Like Young, Edwards will get his shot when JP's done or moves on.

Losman/Edwards and Montana/Young in the same sentence????? You can't be serious! :rofl:

Jon

Yasgur's Farm
08-31-2007, 04:32 PM
Losman/Edwards and Montana/Young in the same sentence????? You can't be serious! :rofl:

JonStaubach/Morton?

mikemac2001
08-31-2007, 04:37 PM
where is trentedwards2006 or w/e that dude is i know it was The Answer

Mudflap1
08-31-2007, 04:39 PM
Staubach/Morton?

Meredith/LaBaron?
White/Laufenberg?
Kemp/Lamonica?
Johnson/Van Pelt?
Hobert/Collins?

Jon

Mitchy moo
08-31-2007, 05:03 PM

Fingers crossed.

TigerJ
08-31-2007, 06:08 PM
Trent Edwards has done a terrific job for a rookie. I'm not biting on the QB controversy thingy, I'm just glad Edwards is on the roster. I will assume Losman is going to be fine for the foreseeable future, but if he does get hurt or there are contract issues in the future, I can't imagine the Bills or anyone else having any qualms about starting Edwards.

Meathead
08-31-2007, 07:15 PM
a) edwards has looked terrific and has been so impressive it forced judge meathead to consider a rare alternate verdict

2) it could all be an illusion

keeping my fingers crossed it isnt but remembering all the other qb-studs-turned-chumps when the ammo was live

Mitchy moo
09-01-2007, 06:56 AM
a) edwards has looked terrific and has been so impressive it forced judge meathead to consider a rare alternate verdict

2) it could all be an illusion

keeping my fingers crossed it isnt but remembering all the other qb-studs-turned-chumps when the ammo was live

When Bill Walsh called from his deathbed to give Edwards a nod, it was a good sign.

Meathead
09-01-2007, 09:54 AM
very true. but even legends can be wrong sometimes

i have been as impressed with him as i ever have a qb in preseason

ive just seen this episode too many times to get carried away

the most classic example in bills history was with gary marangi. he was lighting it up in preseason, totally dominated the scrubs for several years. whenever joe ferguson would falter a little the crowd would chant for marangi. they even started calling for him in the papers. it was out of control

then joe went down and gary got his shot. i was at the game when he went it. man did the crowd go wild

and man did he suck out loud. he would have had to improve to get to brutal. he has been mentioned as literally one of the worst qbs of all time

ive enjoyed edwards immensely so far. but it just dont mean nuthin until the bullets are real

Yasgur's Farm
09-01-2007, 10:13 AM
I vividly remember the Marangi episode. I frequently substitute tha name Marangi for moron.... like... "What a freakin' marangi!".

Seriously...
1) JP is (not will be) top 10.
2) Edwards shows promise.
3) If Edwards ever beats out JP... That would make him a top 10 also.
4) If that ever happens... It won't be that JP sux like his bashers say.
5) That's a great position for the Bills to be in... IF... The media and trolls don't instigate a controversy.

justasportsfan
09-01-2007, 10:33 AM
he's gonna be a great one. Whether it's with the bills or somewhere else depends on JP.

Risin
09-01-2007, 01:49 PM
When Bill Walsh called from his deathbed to give Edwards a nod, it was a good sign.

Bill Walsh, when healthy, called Jake Plummer the next Joe Montana.

Also, wouldn't you say Bill had a rooting interest in endorsing Trent?

Stanford.

Novacane
09-01-2007, 02:28 PM

Jon

No kidding. Taking homerism to new heights :lol:

Mitchy moo
09-01-2007, 03:37 PM
No kidding. Taking homerism to new heights :lol:

Premature to say the least.