PDA

View Full Version : Schefter: Strahan to end holdout, report to Giants on Monday

Michael82
08-31-2007, 04:46 PM
After mulling retirement the entire offseason, defensive end Michael Strahan has decided to play for the Giants this season, the NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports.

Shefter said Strahan will report to Giants camp on Monday......

Now that he has decided to play, Strahan has four practices to get ready for the Giants' season opener against Dallas. Third-year-man Justin Tuck has been starting in Strahan's left defensive end spot and has played well in preseason games.

Coughlin would not speculate whether Strahan would play in the opener under those circumstances.

The Giants have fined Strahan $14,288 for each day of his holdout. His fine total is now $514,368. Had he retired, he would not have to pay the fine.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d801fb112&template=without-video&confirm=true

mikemac2001
08-31-2007, 04:59 PM
He wont pay the fine, he didnt want to deal with preseason

Philagape
08-31-2007, 05:07 PM
If I were the Giants, I'd tell Strahan to go to hell. I can't think of a more stupid, selfish thing to do than take the whole preseason to decide whether he wants to play -- AFTER he had 6-7 months of offseason to decide -- and then have the sack to complain that the team was pressuring him. Selfish POS.

Michael82
08-31-2007, 05:09 PM
If I were the Giants, I'd tell Strahan to go to hell. I can't think of a more stupid, selfish thing to do than take the whole preseason to decide whether he wants to play -- AFTER he had 6-7 months of offseason to decide -- and then have the sack to complain that the team was pressuring him. Selfish POS.
Agreed. What he did was basically find a way around training camp and preseason. What an *******!

Night Train
08-31-2007, 05:18 PM
If I were the Giants, I'd tell Strahan to go to hell. I can't think of a more stupid, selfish thing to do than take the whole preseason to decide whether he wants to play

Or fake an injury every pre-season, like Bruce Smith.

Philagape
08-31-2007, 06:45 PM
Or fake an injury every pre-season, like Bruce Smith.

Pondering retirement is worse

mybills
08-31-2007, 06:49 PM
Go Strahan! :bf1:

dplus47
08-31-2007, 08:47 PM
Go Strahan! :bf1:

that's what i'm sayin'! good for him.