08-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Following games will be shown in HD.

Steelers
Cowboys
Broncos

That's all I know about right now.

Mitchy moo
08-31-2007, 08:40 PM
If the Bills win often, they'll get even more games in HD.

im4bflo
08-31-2007, 08:45 PM

Steelers
Cowboys
Broncos

Can you explain what HD looks like?
Is it just clearer, or does it give a 3d effect or something?

djjimkelly
08-31-2007, 08:50 PM

WAY clearer more field seen in camera angle makes the regular brodcast seem like a joke!!!!

Mitchy moo
08-31-2007, 08:52 PM

Basically it's the difference between feeling like your at the game vs watching it on TV. You can see everything with near 20 / 20 at a close range, amazing.

It's kinda like watching a 60's baseball game without HD, bad sound and picture.

gr8slayer
08-31-2007, 08:53 PM
ONe thing that makes HD football so great is not only the clarity but the fact that you can see a lot more of the secondary.

im4bflo
08-31-2007, 08:59 PM
That's impressive guys, got to get DirecTV!

gr8slayer
08-31-2007, 09:00 PM
Also, 80 new HD channels are being added by the end of the year (40 by Sep. 16th.)

Also, DirecTV is going to MPEG4 so you will see HD like never before now.

gr8slayer
08-31-2007, 09:08 PM
BTW, rumor is that there will only be a total of 15 games that won't be in HD this season.

Mitchy moo
08-31-2007, 09:14 PM
Also, 80 new HD channels are being added by the end of the year (40 by Sep. 16th.)

We'll see.

gr8slayer
08-31-2007, 09:20 PM
We'll see.
What do you mean "we'll see?" It's been confirmed by DirecTV.

im4bflo
08-31-2007, 09:36 PM
In time, everything will be HD, but by then, they'll of come up with something better, it's hard to keep up!

Mad Max
08-31-2007, 11:05 PM

DirecTV won't do you any good unless you have an HDTV. Fortunately for those interested the prices on HD capable TVs have come down drastically, there are low end models for around 500 bucks. But even a low end HDTV will look far superior to regular definition TVs.

Typ0
08-31-2007, 11:23 PM
it's like everything else in a free market society...when you pay more it's better.

im4bflo
08-31-2007, 11:35 PM
DirecTV won't do you any good unless you have an HDTV. Fortunately for those interested the prices on HD capable TVs have come down drastically, there are low end models for around 500 bucks. But even a low end HDTV will look far superior to regular definition TVs.

Good point, and I do have an HDTV already, so I'm good there.

NorthCarBills
09-01-2007, 08:54 AM
I scrolled ahead in my Direct TV guide last night. The Bills / Broncos game will be on HD, channel 719. That's good news cause hardly any Bills games were in HD last year. I have it set to record even though I'm flying up for the game.

Just remember you have to have Superfan package to get the HD games. Just having Sunday Ticket does not flip the bill. I learned that last year when I got my first HD TV, expecting to automatically get the games in HD due to have Sunday Ticket by itself.

OpIv37
09-01-2007, 08:54 AM

Here's a good explanation- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_television

but to put it simply: standard definition is 480 lines running across the screen that constantly refresh. High definition shows either 720 lines or 1080 lines (depending on the format they broadcast in) and a lot more pixels, so the level of detail is infinitely clearer.

Also, because of the wider aspect ratio (16:9 vs 4:3) you can see more of the field in any given shot. For example, when they show hockey in HD, you can see the entire zone from behind the goal to just past the blue line, and still clearly make out the puck and who the players are. In football, when they go to a wide angle before the snap, you can see the entire width of the field and the entire offensive and defensive formation. It's really amazing stuff.

!Papacrunk!
09-01-2007, 09:00 AM

is the MPEG4 happening at the same time when the 1st 40 are added?

RockStar36
09-01-2007, 09:02 AM

Steelers
Cowboys
Broncos

Does that mean you're not going to watch the rest of the games?

mikemac2001
09-01-2007, 09:10 AM
In time, everything will be HD, but by then, they'll of come up with something better, it's hard to keep up!

See they wont come up with something new, well they have but the problem is people have to format stuff for it...so companies arnt gonna try a new technology out and try to mass produce it because even if they did it will have to be HDTV

they cant create a NEW HDTV since cable companies sat and Dvd's and even Tv's shows arnt gonna film in 2 diff ways

so HDTV will be here every channel will have to offer an HD version i think by Feb and the year after analog will be turned off

sorry if it was confusing bascially there not gonna create 2 diff formats of HDTV

BlackMetalNinja
09-01-2007, 09:40 AM
I also found this, which should be helpful!

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/nfl.php

OpIv37
09-01-2007, 10:37 AM
is the MPEG4 happening at the same time when the 1st 40 are added?

the new HD channels will be MPEG4, the current HD channels and the locals will be converted to MPEG4 after all the new HD channels are added (I heard Feb of 08).

gr8slayer
09-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Does that mean you're not going to watch the rest of the games?
Where do you get that crap from?

oak tree 12
09-01-2007, 11:20 AM
i believe all the nfl games are on HD,they were last year!!!!!!!!!

gr8slayer
09-01-2007, 11:22 AM
i believe all the nfl games are on HD,they were last year!!!!!!!!!
Yeah......... No they weren't.

im4bflo
09-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Just remember you have to have Superfan package to get the HD games. Just having Sunday Ticket does not flip the bill. I learned that last year when I got my first HD TV, expecting to automatically get the games in HD due to have Sunday Ticket by itself.[/QUOTE]

Oh really! I hate those fine print things that surprise you like that.
I'd be expecting the HD without the superfan, but no huh?
Well, it looks like you've got to buy the top deal, to get the things you want.
Thanks for the heads up bro!

RockStar36
09-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Where do you get that crap from?

Well you said you don't even wanna watch games if they aren't in HD

RockStar36
09-01-2007, 01:03 PM

:rofl:

gr8slayer
09-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Well you said you don't even wanna watch games if they aren't in HD
I said I don't watch MOST things unless they are in HD and if you have a good HD setup you'll know why. There aren't many things on earth that would stop me from watching the Bills every single Sunday.

BlackMetalNinja
09-01-2007, 02:26 PM
I said I don't watch MOST things unless they are in HD and if you have a good HD setup you'll know why. There aren't many things on earth that would stop me from watching the Bills every single Sunday.

Me either... except for hockey of course. :rockon:

oak tree 12
09-01-2007, 05:56 PM
well i know every bills game i watched on my HD were and i think you are wrong because all the espn games are also and the major networks are also!
so i dont know what games you are talking about that were not shown on HD.

gr8slayer
09-01-2007, 05:59 PM
well i know every bills game i watched on my HD were and i think you are wrong because all the espn games are also and the major networks are also!
so i dont know what games you are talking about that were not shown on HD.
All prime time games are in HD. The Bills only had a handful of games in HD last year (maybe four at most.) Not even all the games this year will be in HD, not until 2008.

You are delusional

oak tree 12
09-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Just remember you have to have Superfan package to get the HD games. Just having Sunday Ticket does not flip the bill. I learned that last year when I got my first HD TV, expecting to automatically get the games in HD due to have Sunday Ticket by itself.

Thanks for the heads up bro![/quote]

funny you brought this up because i just purchased direct TV and the NFL ticket. and i spent half of friday freaking out when i found out about super fan and no HD on the NFL ticket, but after talking to the Verizon general manager he informed me that 12 out of the 14 games on the nfl ticket each week are broadcast in HD and he offered to put it in writing for me,he also directed me to the site where the 12 HD games are listed for each week. also ch 4 is not broadcast in HD in buffalo by direct tv but all you need to do is get a HD antenna and you can get ch 4 in HD.

gr8slayer
09-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the heads up bro!

Yeah and two of those 12 games are MNF and SNF games so in reality you are getting a total of 10 games in HD. Five for Fox, Five for CBS. Generally the Bills game is not in HD.