X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

We should draft Che Grant

I dunno anything about him. But, I think we should draft him. He's got a nice name.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

• Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

great thread.. lot of thought and info packed into one tight post.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dicknoze69
      Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
      • Jul 2002

His name is Cie Grant, he's on the smallish side - 6 foot, 219 lbs
      He was an outside linebacker for Ohio State.

he's a pretty good athlete and a good tackler, but he's small. Gets eaten up by bigger blockers. He'd be more of a project than anything. All in all, wouldn't be bad pickup in like the 5th round or so. He would be ideal for the weakside position, too bad he already have Spikes. Possibly could move him to safety, he'd be similar to Coy Wire but with better coverage skills.

God give me style and give me grace
      God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• itsandthings
        • Sep 2002

Grant weighed 228# and measured 6'0-3/8" at the combine. He didn't participate at any other events.

At Ohio State's Pro Day he ran two 40's, timed at 4.49 and 4.52. He did 21 reps of the 225# bench press.

Consider that kind of speed and athletic ability and couple it with the fact he played S, CB and LB at Ohio State. He was productive at Ohio State, considered a team leader and a good lockerroom guy. I would think that would make him a day one pick, perhaps as high as the 2nd round.

The big question is, what position does he play? With his size, speed and cover skills he likely would project to safety in a lot of schemes. However, he may be a WSLB in a Tampa-style attack scheme, like Derrick Brooks (who was no bigger coming out of college). I would think at worst he would be an excellent nickel LB, with his cover skills.

Bottom line is this kid is a solid football player with great athleticism. He played some CB (covering Andre' Johnson) in the National Championship game, for crying out loud. While he isn't a fit in every scheme, me may end up being an outstanding player if a team finds a way to take advantage of his unique package of skills.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Thsi guy is very versatile but you have him ranked way to high. The problem with him is being almost too versaile seeing he hasn't played one position to get a great handle of it. I mim definitely being selected no higher than the 5th or 6th round. He's kind of in the same mold as Barrett Green from the Detroit Lions. Go Bills!

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
            Expert on Experts
            • Jul 2002

LOL

Gotta love this play. A guy posts about how we should draft someone because of his name, as a joke, and right away we got people on it getting info on the guy. Another reason why the Zone is the Best!

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

I know who he is. I still think we should draft him.
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

If he doesn't make it in football he might find an opportunity as a South American revolutionary. "Che" is a great name for communist rebels too.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Sennsai
                  • Aug 2002

I am very familar with Cie Grant. He is rising up the draft boards, but in no way, will he be a 1-2 round pick.. more like late 3rd and on. Should be by end of 5th.

Scouts say he is slated for Safety or he COULD play LB. He has the talent and speed to play both. He did NOT play CB in the national championship game and he did NOT cover A. Johnson at all. The guy you are thinking of there is Chris Gamble of OSU who is also a starting WR for them. Grant was the LB covering Kellen Winslow JR. He did a DECENT job at best against him. While Winslow had several receptions, he didn't break any of them for big plays. Grant was fast enough to keep up with Winslow(regarded at best college tight end in the game).

Grant is VERY similar to Wire in experience and athletic ability. The only difference is Grant did play CB his Junior year, so he did gain some coverage experience in college, unlike Wire.

He's a great athlete and great athletes get drafted and they sculpt you into a position.
                  " It happened before, it will happen again. It's just a question of when."

Comment

Working...
                  X