PDA

View Full Version : seymour of pats on PUP LIST

djjimkelly
09-01-2007, 07:13 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80200cb5&template=without-video&confir0m=true

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots activated tight end David Thomas off the PUP list today. They also announced the release of 21 players. In addition, the team placed defensive lineman Richard Seymour on the reserve/physically unable to perform list and placed rookie linebacker Oscar Lua on the reserve/injured list. The Patriots are in compliance with the NFL’s regular-season roster limit.

WOW wonder when he will be back i hope after week 3

G. Host
09-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Vinny was cut from Patriots roster and we have a space for a QB. Hmmmm can you say one week signing to get playbook? NE did it to us.

Ickybaluky
09-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Since Harrison doesn't count towards the roster limit, the Pats actually cut down to 52. They have free roster spot.

The one guy who I'm a little sad to see them cut is Garrett Mills. He missed last year(his rookie season) after being placed on IR and was banged up in camp this year. He just got caught up in a numbers game, but he is an H-back type who is a good receiver.

Also, C.J. Jones looked did a very good job returning kicks. He isn't much as a WR, but he is a good returner.

BILLSROCK1212
09-01-2007, 08:13 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80200cb5&template=without-video&confir0m=true

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots activated tight end David Thomas off the PUP list today. They also announced the release of 21 players. In addition, the team placed defensive lineman Richard Seymour on the reserve/physically unable to perform list and placed rookie linebacker Oscar Lua on the reserve/injured list. The Patriots are in compliance with the NFL’s regular-season roster limit.

WOW wonder when he will be back i hope after week 3PUP list means u cnt play until week 6 which means we will be playing the Pats without Harrison and Seymour

MTBillsFan
09-02-2007, 07:35 AM
Dont' forget they still have ESPN's hero Bruschi... And Jr. Seau and his motorized wheel chair!
They're getting OLD!

njsue
09-02-2007, 10:03 AM
If I may add:

Randy Moss is injured. Hamstring.

According to ESPN this morning he has been MIA. They did not specify the duration of when he will be out of action.

:phew:

Ickybaluky
09-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Randy Moss is injured. Hamstring.

According to ESPN this morning he has been MIA. They did not specify the duration of when he will be out of action.

There are rumors floating around about the Pats possibly cutting Moss. The basis of the rumors are that he isn't happy with his role in the offense, and the Pats aren't sure they want to deal with it. Pro Football Talk is stating the rumors, and they have been ahead of the game reporting these stories at times.

However, the hamstring isn't really an issue anymore. He did miss all of preseason and I suppose the injury could re-occur at some point. It wouldn't surprise me. However, he started practicing again last week and is healthy.

The Moss question is out there, and it is legitimate to question what his effect will be. Those questions won't be answered until he actually plays for them or is released.

njsue
09-02-2007, 10:15 AM
There are rumors floating around about the Pats possibly cutting Moss. The basis of the rumors are that he isn't happy with his role in the offense, and the Pats aren't sure they want to deal with it. Pro Football Talk is stating the rumors, and they have been ahead of the game reporting these stories at times.

However, the hamstring isn't really an issue anymore. He did miss all of preseason and I suppose the injury could re-occur at some point. It wouldn't surprise me. However, he started practicing again last week and is healthy.

The Moss question is out there, and it is legitimate to question what his effect will be. Those questions won't be answered until he actually plays for them or is released.

This is from a NFL fan's perspective that Randy Moss is a big negative to any team.

Ickybaluky
09-02-2007, 10:18 AM
This is from a NFL fan's perspective that Randy Moss is a big negative to any team.

I can understand anyone questioning Moss. He quit on his team last year and hasn't played anywhere close to his early-career form in years.

Bottom line is his effect will remain in question until he actually plays a game or is cut.

HAMMER
09-02-2007, 10:40 AM
I hope he plays, I want to see Whitner knock him into next week.

njsue
09-02-2007, 10:46 AM
I hope he plays, I want to see Whitner knock him into next week.

:bad: