PDA

View Full Version : So are we going to pick up another QB?

BlackMetalNinja
09-01-2007, 07:15 PM
With Craig Nall being cut, obviously that leave Losman and Edwards on the roster.

Very few teams dare to go with only 2 QBs, so I'd assume we pick somebody up... but who? I'm sure the Leftwhich rumors can start anytime now.

Thought or opinions on what our course of action should/will be?

G. Host
09-01-2007, 07:31 PM
If we had Bledsoe I could see going with 2 for he was so durable but I think Bills will wait until week 2 and pick up a veteran caller without needing to guarentee the salary for entire year.

Uncle Jesse
09-01-2007, 07:33 PM
No, they're going to keep 2.

If they got someone else, then they still have to cut another player then. Which would be dumb, just to have a 3rd QB.

The seasons over if JP goes down anyway, Edwards would just be there to go through his lumps now, its not like were contenders really anyway.

Risin
09-01-2007, 07:37 PM
If we had Bledsoe I could see going with 2 for he was so durable but I think Bills will wait until week 2 and pick up a veteran caller without needing to guarentee the salary for entire year.

Outside of the freak training camp injury, and the fake injury Mularkey made Losman sit the bench for, JP has been durable as heck.

On the other hand, none of that matters, because one hit can change anything.

Also, Edwards was an injury prone player in college, so if anything happens to JP, there is no guarentee Edwards would make it through many games.

Basically, I agree with you, is what I'm trying to say.

:D

G. Host
09-01-2007, 07:39 PM
The Bills will look for someone for the PS if just to provide an extra arm for practices.

MikeInRoch
09-01-2007, 07:42 PM
I was under the impression that you could have an 'extra' roster slot for a 3rd string QB, with special rules that if he played the other two had to sit the rest of the game, or something like that.

Maybe that's just for game-day rosters, tho. I dunno.

G. Host
09-01-2007, 07:47 PM
You can activate the 3rd QB from inactive game day roster list but if you do it in Q1-3 the other QBs can not play anymore that game. Does not affect 53 man roster.

bills_7
09-01-2007, 09:10 PM
T I M C O U C H

raphael120
09-01-2007, 09:13 PM
itd be nice to have a reliable backup. someone who has more of an arm than holcomb.

and someone whose last name doesnt rhyme with stubbed toe.

justasportsfan
09-01-2007, 09:24 PM
we go with 2 qb's. If JP goes down , we cut another player and bring in an emergency qb while Edwards who seems to be a very able qb is our qb. Sounds good?

TigerJ
09-01-2007, 09:29 PM
I think the Bills will add a QB to the practice squad. Teams that carry only two guys on the active roster invariably carry a QB on the PS. Zabransky is certainly a candidate. I think the Bills will look for someone with at least a decent arm because of Fairchild's downfield passing offense. It makes no sense to bring in a noodle arm when such a big part of Fairchild's strategy is the vertical passing game.

RedEyE
09-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Perhaps the practice squad, but I don't see them adding anyone to the roster unless they plan on making a jump at Byron Leftwich.

It wouldn't make much sense to let Nall go now then snatch somone else up with less experience with the offense.

TigerJ
09-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Matt Moore of the Cowboys had some succes at QB in the preseason. the Cowboys may want him for their own PS though.

YardRat
09-01-2007, 10:49 PM
I agree with those that say a third will be added to the practice squad.

If things really get dire, and both Losman and Edwards get hurt, there will be plenty of vets for the taking if necessary.

No sense using a roster spot for a clipboard carrier.

bflojohn
09-02-2007, 12:37 AM
Question.... Is there any chance that the Bills take a look at Carson Palmers' little brother Jordan? He does have the strong arm and is in dire need of a practice squad year or two, IMO!!

jamze132
09-02-2007, 01:38 AM
Question.... Is there any chance that the Bills take a look at Carson Palmers' little brother Jordan? He does have the strong arm and is in dire need of a practice squad year or two, IMO!!
Peyton Manning has a little brother who sucks ass, so no, I do not want to try a stud's little dud brother.

Earthquake Enyart
09-02-2007, 09:38 AM
I wonder how often the 3rd QB has actually played (not counting mop up time)?

Zubransky or Chris Leak would be good PSers.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-02-2007, 11:19 AM
the Bills will be looking over the waiver wire for a new No. 3 quarterback.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/153632.html

Oaf
09-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Moorman? Jason Peters? George Wilson? Roscoe played in high school.
Didn't Moulds use to be our emergency # 3 or 4?

BlackMetalNinja
09-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Moorman? Jason Peters? George Wilson? Roscoe played in high school.
Didn't Moulds use to be our emergency # 3 or 4?

The site of Jason Peters at QB would be amazing to say the least.