PDA

View Full Version : Ellis Wyms anyone???

tampabay25690
09-01-2007, 07:20 PM
I think this guy would fit VERY well in Buffalo. He is a good DT and know's the TAMPA 2 obviously. Would probably be the top 3 on our roster.....

billsburgh
09-01-2007, 07:31 PM
well since nobody else has said it yet, I'll go ahead and say it. HE'S GOT TO BE BETTER THAN TIM ANDERSON.

Mahdi
09-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Wow. He's actually still a good player. Still only 28 and had 5 sacks last year. I hope they take a look at him.

tampabay25690
09-01-2007, 10:18 PM
To be honest with you he would be our best DT. I have seen him play and he is good and quick....I think the BUCS are just going younger and thats it. They are in rough shape..

But I would love to see that guy a BILL

LifetimeBillsFan
09-01-2007, 10:55 PM
I'd go after him and Antonio Garay, who was cut by the Bears. Either one would be better than Anderson and J.Jefferson. If the Bills could sign either one, they could drop both Anderson and Jefferson, go with a 4 man rotation at DT, and save a roster spot to use on a 3rd QB.

eyedog
09-01-2007, 11:27 PM
They had damn well better bring in someone. I've seen about a half dozen d-linemen out there that would upgrade this team.

ParanoidAndroid
09-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Wyms....please....pretty please.

Goobylal
09-02-2007, 08:23 AM
Wyms for Jefferson would be a no-brainer. Anderson seems to have come along after adding a ton of weight.

oak tree 12
09-02-2007, 08:26 AM
To be honest with you he would be our best DT. I have seen him play and he is good and quick....I think the BUCS are just going younger and thats it. They are in rough shape..

But I would love to see that guy a BILL

give me a break,a guy who was not even able to be one of 4 or 5 DT's a bad team keeps he would be our best DT,get real!!!!!!!!!

ParanoidAndroid
09-02-2007, 08:27 AM
Wyms for Jefferson would be a no-brainer. Anderson seems to have come along after adding a ton of weight.

Out of all these "get him in here" threads, this is the only one I would actually go for. Although, my confidence was shot when I talked up Tutan Reyes last year. :ill:

Buckets
09-02-2007, 10:19 AM
LETS DO IT!!

Kerr
09-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Would definitely be a solid addition.

tampabay25690
09-02-2007, 11:42 AM
give me a break,a guy who was not even able to be one of 4 or 5 DT's a bad team keeps he would be our best DT,get real!!!!!!!!!

Give me a break huh. DO U even watch football????? He would probably be 1 of our best DT's I will say agin. OUR DT are terrible and I love the BILLS!!!! But its the truth, and I bet over 70% on this ite would say the same...

shelby
09-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Versatile and productive member of Tampa Bay’s defensive line... Strong pass rusher who has excelled at both the end and tackle positions... Vital member of Buccaneers defensive line rotation who started eight games last season and tied for team lead in sacks… Has played in 66 career games with nine starts... Owns 134 career tackles, 14.5 sacks, three forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and four passes defensed... Has appeared in five playoff games, totaling 10 tackles, one fumble recovery, one pass defensed and two sacks... Recorded first postseason sack in Super Bowl XXXVII win over the Oakland Raiders... Originally entered league as a sixth-round selection (183rd overall) of Tampa Bay in the 2001 NFL Draft.

http://www.buccaneers.com/team/playerdetail.aspx?player=Wyms,Ellis,96

Wyms, who has struggled to stay healthy during his time with the Bucs, lost his starting job to Jovan Haye during the offseason and became expendable when Peterson proved to be a valuable draft-day addition.
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/sep/02/sp-simms-survives-bucs-final-cut/?sports-bucs

His career stats look good, but if he isn't healthy, he won't be very helpful.

Elminster
09-02-2007, 01:59 PM
http://www.buccaneers.com/team/playerdetail.aspx?player=Wyms,Ellis,96

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/sep/02/sp-simms-survives-bucs-final-cut/?sports-bucs

His career stats look good, but if he isn't healthy, he won't be very helpful. Well, at least some one did a little more research on why a Tampa-2 team would release a guy that appears to be pretty good at getting to the QB. It's why I'm leery of putting too much stock in anyone's garbage....they're usually cut for a reason. I think we have a fine pair of young guys(Williams and McCargo) who will probably be pretty good. And maybe Tim Anderson will manage to at least take up more space with the weight he's added....but I doubt that one, and I'm accused of homerism. But I'm not putting it past him. I don't want to get embarassed like last year with Josh Reed....

tampabay25690
09-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Well, at least some one did a little more research on why a Tampa-2 team would release a guy that appears to be pretty good at getting to the QB. It's why I'm leery of putting too much stock in anyone's garbage....they're usually cut for a reason. I think we have a fine pair of young guys(Williams and McCargo) who will probably be pretty good. And maybe Tim Anderson will manage to at least take up more space with the weight he's added....but I doubt that one, and I'm accused of homerism. But I'm not putting it past him. I don't want to get embarassed like last year with Josh Reed....

Well living in Tampa I think I know a bit more about what goes on here then any others on this site. WHy do most guys leave Tampa?????? GRUDEN!!! That why he will not be the coach here anymore. He actually would be perfect for Buffalo becasue he doesn't know how to deal with BIG STAR ego's!!!! HE gets rid of any guys that were part of the Dungy era....Trust me Wyms would be a great addition to this team..

shelby
09-02-2007, 02:48 PM
This is off topic, but interesting.....evidently Gruden has issues with Chris Simms...according to TBO.com, he wanted Simms cut, but the Glazers insisted he stay:

Well, of course Chris Simms remains a Buc.
He wasn't among the 21 players the Bucs cut Saturday.
For now, he has been shoved back down Jon Gruden's throat.
Maybe that will change in the next few days or weeks, but until it does, well, who would have thought that the most interesting position battle this preseason would be between Gruden's position and the Glazers' position?
Edge: Glazers.
Anyone who watched or listened to Gruden's postgame comments the other night could feel the friction.
Does anyone really think Gruden, of his own free will, wants Simms on this team?
The mere mention of Simms makes Gruden's face congeal.
It's the same face he used to make when Keyshawn's name came up.
Keyshawn was eventually toast, because the Glazers were still backing Gruden to the limit - world championships will do that.
This is different.
Gruden can confuse Luke McCown and Bruce Gradkowski with Joe Montana and Johnny Unitas, but that's not going to keep Simms from being a Buc if the Glazers want him to be a Buc.
I think the Glazers see Simms as an asset, and not just because they've invested millions in him. In a way, I think Simms represents the future to the Glazers more than Gruden does.
Simms might not be important to Gruden, but he might very well matter to the next coach if Gruden fails to win this season.
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/sep/02/sp-simms-makes-the-cut-in-this-battle-of-wills/?sports-bucs

tampabay25690
09-02-2007, 03:14 PM
This is off topic, but interesting.....evidently Gruden has issues with Chris Simms...according to TBO.com, he wanted Simms cut, but the Glazers insisted he stay:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/sep/02/sp-simms-makes-the-cut-in-this-battle-of-wills/?sports-bucs

GRUDEN has issues with anyone on that team that he didnt draft....He is a toolbox. He was handed Dungy's championship team and has wasted that team since he cam on board with Bruce Allen. WHy do you think Rich McKAy got the hell out of here!!!!!!

Shelby I know a few of the Bucs and they have plain out said that they don't care for GRUDEN, and you know this will probably be the last year in Tampa for him...

shelby
09-02-2007, 03:27 PM
i know. i was always a huge fan of Chucky. i hate to see this disappointing letdown as his career here fizzles.

tampabay25690
09-02-2007, 03:45 PM
i know. i was always a huge fan of Chucky. i hate to see this disappointing letdown as his career here fizzles.

To be honest I have never been a fan of his. He never gets along with the star players. Look at the guys that have left here all FAN FAVORITES. SAPP, LYNCH, Keyshawn, Brad Johnson, and he has never been a ALSTOTT fan. Im not a Bucs fan but I do follow them. I think they are in worst shape then us. But at least Buffalo has TRUE fans...

PECKERWOOD
09-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Well, at least some one did a little more research on why a Tampa-2 team would release a guy that appears to be pretty good at getting to the QB. It's why I'm leery of putting too much stock in anyone's garbage....they're usually cut for a reason. I think we have a fine pair of young guys(Williams and McCargo) who will probably be pretty good. And maybe Tim Anderson will manage to at least take up more space with the weight he's added....but I doubt that one, and I'm accused of homerism. But I'm not putting it past him. I don't want to get embarassed like last year with Josh Reed....

Awesome.. Reason prevails yet again.

Ickybaluky
09-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Wyms signed with Seattle.

BTW, I reviewed the content of this thread and believe it really belongs in the new NFL Forum. Shouldn't you move it, Shelby?

tampabay25690
09-02-2007, 09:50 PM
Bills are always fast on making MOVES, HUH......

All I have to say is thank god I have Travis Henry in Fantasy especially for the 1st week. Its gonna be ugly how many yards he will run for!!!!!!

G. Host
09-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Forget him.
Seahawks add Wyms to defensive line

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3002690

RedEyE
09-03-2007, 01:26 PM
The Bills see weakness's on the team in the following order:

1) DE

2) S

DT is not an issue for them for some reason. They like the guys they have otherwise they would have gone after MANY of the decent DTs that were avaliable in FA this season.

That's not to say they wouldn't look at a DE that can also move inside.

shelby
09-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Wyms signed with Seattle.

BTW, I reviewed the content of this thread and believe it really belongs in the new NFL Forum. Shouldn't you move it, Shelby?
Done.

casdhf
09-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Having an NFL forum is gay. Having to post thoughts on a player the Bills may want to sign in the NFL forum is even gayer.