PDA

View Full Version : So DiGiorgio Still is MLB Starter on Updated Depth Chart

raphael120
09-01-2007, 09:27 PM
I wonder if that will change or if DiG has officialy got the job?

I dont know, but I don't see how he would have the leg up on DiG unless its purely QB'ing the defense...

Nighthawk
09-01-2007, 09:30 PM
If this is true, not very smart. DiGiorgio just isn't that good. Like I said, IF THIS IS TRUE, then it is another example of this coaching staff falling in love with a player for no apparent reason. However, I'll wait to see if this truly is the updated depth chart.

RedEyE
I can see them keeping it this way for about 4 games while slowly giving Poz more and more plays. Soon enough, DIG gets demoted.

OpIv37
this makes no sense to me- it's not like DiG is so experienced or anything- he's a 2nd year guy.

In preseason, I think Poz was at worst equal to DiG and I think you can make a legit case that he played better. Yeah, I know, that whole thing about not starting guys just because of where they were drafted- but in addition to where Poz was drafted, DiG didn't really do anything to distinguish himself in pre season.

Nighthawk
09-01-2007, 09:32 PM
this makes no sense to me- it's not like DiG is so experienced or anything- he's a 2nd year guy.

In preseason, I think Poz was at worst equal to DiG and I think you can make a legit case that he played better. Yeah, I know, that whole thing about not starting guys just because of where they were drafted- but in addition to where Poz was drafted, DiG didn't really do anything to distinguish himself in pre season.

I agree, but we have to wait to hear Dickey say it before I believe it. At that point, it will become more clear that Dickey just doesn't know what he is doing.

RedEyE
09-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Doubtfully, but hopefully the Bills are using this as a strategy vs the Broncos gameplan. We already know that Henry will be forcing the ball up the middle. Perhaps the Broncs will prep for DIGs sensless undisciplined movement in the middle watch that preseason game tape and be ill prepared for when the Bills slide POZ in last minute.

justasportsfan
09-01-2007, 09:45 PM
We don't see what goes on at camp. I trust our coaches will put the best players out there but I do expect POZ to eventually unseat DiG and become a probowler for us.

OpIv37
09-01-2007, 09:46 PM
camp? What happens on the field should supersede what happens in camp, and on the field Poz was at least equal.

justasportsfan
09-01-2007, 09:49 PM
camp? What happens on the field should supersede what happens in camp, and on the field Poz was at least equal.

according to you. You haven't even been to camp. Our coaches see them on a daily basis.

OpIv37
09-01-2007, 09:52 PM
according to you. You haven't even been to camp. Our coaches see them on a daily basis.

you missed the point. Some guys are workout warriors and do well in practices and drills, but can't translate it to success on the field. DiGiorgio did not distinguish himself from Poz on the field, and that's when it counts. You keep talking about how much an extra year in the system helps- well, it certainly didn't help DiG become any better than Poz (which is another reason why Poz should start- he's DiG's equal despite less experience).

Nighthawk
09-01-2007, 09:53 PM

I understand your point, but just stop. Are you seriously telling me that you think DiGiorgio is better than Poz??? I watched most of the preseason and DiGiorgio did NOTHING to impress me and I doubt you can tell he is better at Dickey camp, since they NEVER go full speed or hit! You have to judge it by the field on gameday...there is no other way.

im4bflo
09-01-2007, 09:54 PM
POZ will be starting MLB for the opener, assume what you will.
I've said too much already, and if I tell you more, I'd have to kill you. :zipit:

justasportsfan
09-01-2007, 09:57 PM
you missed the point. Some guys are workout warriors and do well in practices and drills, but can't translate it to success on the field. DiGiorgio did not distinguish himself from Poz on the field, and that's when it counts. You keep talking about how much an extra year in the system helps- well, it certainly didn't help DiG become any better than Poz (which is another reason why Poz should start- he's DiG's equal despite less experience).

Like I said, according to you which may not be what same as what the coaches see .

justasportsfan
09-01-2007, 10:01 PM
I understand your point, but just stop. Are you seriously telling me that you think DiGiorgio is better than Poz??? I watched most of the preseason and DiGiorgio did NOTHING to impress me and I doubt you can tell he is better at Dickey camp, since they NEVER go full speed or hit! You have to judge it by the field on gameday...there is no other way.

Let me get this straight. Are you telling me that the coaches are INTENTIONALLY trying to sabotage this team by starting an undrafted player who isn't any better than their prized 2nd draft pick that the GM likened to Conlan and gave up an extra pick to get?

I doubrt anyone can be that ******ed if they even wanted to. They will play whoever they think gives us the best chance out there.

Besides, it's not official yet . Might be a moot point.

camelcowboy
09-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Like I said, according to you which may not be what same as what the coaches see . If our coaches think Digorio's play is better then Poz they should fired on the spot. ANYBODY with a brain can see poz has been the better linebacker in limited action then Digorio. I don't care what you say, i doubt anyone in this forum will think that Digorio outplayed poz.

justasportsfan
09-01-2007, 10:05 PM
If our coaches think Digorio's play is better then Poz they should fired on the spot. ANYBODY with a brain can see poz has been the better linebacker in limited action then Digorio. I don't care what you say, i doubt anyone in this forum will think that Digorio outplayed poz.
I never said POZ wasn't better than DiG. I simply said our coaches know better than what we see out there and that they will play who they think is better.

Nighthawk
09-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Let me get this straight. Are you telling me that the coaches are INTENTIONALLY trying to sabotage this team by starting an undrafted player who isn't any better than their prized 2nd draft pick that the GM likened to Conlan and gave up an extra pick to get?

I doubrt anyone can be that ******ed if they even wanted to. They will play whoever they think gives us the best chance out there.

Besides, it's not official yet . Might be a moot point.

I agree, it probably will be Poz in the first game. However, DiGiorgio doesn't even look like he would make half the teams rosters in the entire NFL. My point is that this organization plays and hires people (Dickey) because they like them as people. Winning just doesn't seem to be the most important thing for this team or at least they haven't shown it to be. Another example is Coy Wire...this guy should not be on this roster. Yes, he has shown some bright spots at LB, but he was so bad at safety that he should have been cut years ago. That didn't happen and it is obvious that somebody in the organization likes him to much to hurt the kid's feelings by cutting him. I'm sorry, but he's another example of a guy who just wouldn't make most other teams rosters in the NFL.

djjimkelly
09-01-2007, 10:07 PM
according to that depth chart if u look at rb the A train is the starter and i believe the A train is the starter just as much as i believe the sky is falling.

this is same BS they did with JP last year on depth chart in pre season. and we know what happens to those other 2 bums in the QB battle

camelcowboy
09-01-2007, 10:08 PM
I never said POZ wasn't better than DiG. I simply said our coaches know better than what we see out there and that they will play who they think is better.then the coaching staff is inept

justasportsfan
09-01-2007, 10:11 PM
I agree, it probably will be Poz in the first game. However, DiGiorgio doesn't even look like he would make half the teams rosters in the entire NFL. My point is that this organization plays and hires people (Dickey) because they like them as people. Winning just doesn't seem to be the most important thing for this team or at least they haven't shown it to be. Another example is Coy Wire...this guy should not be on this roster. Yes, he has shown some bright spots at LB, but he was so bad at safety that he should have been cut years ago. That didn't happen and it is obvious that somebody in the organization likes him to much to hurt the kid's feelings by cutting him. I'm sorry, but he's another example of a guy who just wouldn't make most other teams rosters in the NFL.
Believe me, I too wonder why not only one coach liked Coy Wire enough to keep him.

As for Dick, I'm not sold on him but I'm not down on him either. The jury is still out especially after a decent first year after inheriting a team that was pretty much the bickering bills of this decade and an abused qb in Losman.

YardRat
09-01-2007, 10:18 PM
While it may be obvious to some that Poz has 'out-played' DiG on the field, maybe the opposite is true when they are making the defensive calls.

Nighthawk
09-01-2007, 10:23 PM
While it may be obvious to some that Poz has 'out-played' DiG on the field, maybe the opposite is true when they are making the defensive calls.

If that is true, then you have somebody else make the calls! You don't keep better talent off the field!

YardRat
09-01-2007, 10:26 PM
If that is true, then you have somebody else make the calls! You don't keep better talent off the field!

I'll disagree here. I'd rather have a less talented player putting the other 10 guys in the right position than someone who is more skilled messing up the entire unit by making the wrong calls.

Nighthawk
09-01-2007, 10:29 PM
I'll disagree here. I'd rather have a less talented player putting the other 10 guys in the right position than someone who is more skilled messing up the entire unit by making the wrong calls.

I hear your point, but the middle LB does not have to make the calls. The Safety sometimes makes the call and I'm sure Whitner can handle it. Get the better player on the field and let somebody else make the call.

BAM
09-01-2007, 10:45 PM
Lynch is still shown as the 2nd stringer as well.

They'll both take over the #1 spots by the middle of season at the latest. Probably much sooner.

oak tree 12
09-02-2007, 08:41 AM
I agree, but we have to wait to hear Dickey say it before I believe it. At that point, it will become more clear that Dickey just doesn't know what he is doing.

and you do,LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nighthawk
09-02-2007, 08:44 AM
and you do,LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm starting to think I do. Thanks!

Kerr
09-02-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm pretty sure it's a depth chart mistake. Poz is #1.

bills_7
09-02-2007, 02:49 PM
ul see them get teh majority of plays in week 1 never mind mid season lol

Mr. Pink
09-02-2007, 03:58 PM
TIM COUCH IS MY HERO! I love the user title!

raphael120
09-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Well either way, if our coaches are using stupid tactics like "uh oh, who are we going to start at MLB...oooOOOoooo", it pisses me off, and pisses me off as much as it did when Mularkey pulled that crap with the QB thing. If we're a good team, lets win the normal way...if Jauron thinks we need to pull crap like not disclosing who our starting MLB is and playing games with the depth chart, that shows he has no faith in our team or his coaching strategy if he needs to resort to cheap tricks to try to give us the upper hand. Now I know it's just a depth chart on BB.com, but if it's true we're really just playing a mind game to confuse the Broncos, I think it's crap and the coaching staff needs to man up and play.

I'd like us to be the team that predicates itself on being honest on the field and doing things and having the attitude that "yeah, what we're doing is as clear as day, now come and get us."

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2007, 04:36 PM
Poz is starting.

The panic attacks can stop.

justasportsfan
09-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Well either way, if our coaches are using stupid tactics like "uh oh, who are we going to start at MLB...oooOOOoooo", it pisses me off, and pisses me off as much as it did when Mularkey pulled that crap with the QB thing. If we're a good team, lets win the normal way...if Jauron thinks we need to pull crap like not disclosing who our starting MLB is and playing games with the depth chart, that shows he has no faith in our team or his coaching strategy if he needs to resort to cheap tricks to try to give us the upper hand. Now I know it's just a depth chart on BB.com, but if it's true we're really just playing a mind game to confuse the Broncos, I think it's crap and the coaching staff needs to man up and play.

I'd like us to be the team that predicates itself on being honest on the field and doing things and having the attitude that "yeah, what we're doing is as clear as day, now come and get us."
all that *****ing for nothing.