PDA

View Full Version : For those that were interested...

RedEyE
09-01-2007, 09:42 PM
and for those that whined about it, the Jags released both Roy Manning and Seth Payne.

OpIv37
09-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Manning didn't impress me at all- I'm not surprised that he was an early cut and I don't understand the complaints.

Nighthawk
09-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Manning didn't impress me at all- I'm not surprised that he was an early cut and I don't understand the complaints.

I agree, but what has Stamer or Haggan showed in their time in Buffalo? Yes, ST are very important, but these guys blow at the LB position. You can coach a guy up to play good ST. I'm not saying get rid of both of them, but please bring in some new talent at the LB position that can actually play!!!

OpIv37
09-01-2007, 09:56 PM
I agree, but what has Stamer or Haggan showed in their time in Buffalo? Yes, ST are very important, but these guys blow at the LB position. You can coach a guy up to play good ST. I'm not saying get rid of both of them, but please bring in some new talent at the LB position that can actually play!!!

yeah, I hear ya- it's nice to have good ST but sometimes we shoot ourselves in the foot by keeping guys for ST ability when they have no ability on O or D. It burned us last year at S and LB.

RedEyE
09-01-2007, 09:58 PM

Of the two mentioned Haggan is probably a step above. Stamer perplexes me and I'm pretty certain he ends up inactive most of the year.

Nighthawk
09-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Of the two mentioned Haggan is probably a step above. Stamer perplexes me and I'm pretty certain he ends up inactive most of the year.

I know, it just doesn't make sense to keep that many guys with lesser talent on your roster. You have to eventually keep more talent to make a serious run at the playoffs.