PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to LONG SNAP?

im4bflo
09-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Releasing Schneck, who's going to long snap?
That can skrew up a well oiled kicking game.
Hope not! :pray:

OpIv37
09-01-2007, 09:49 PM
yeah that was a confusing cut, but at the same time I never liked the concept of keeping a player who can only do ONE thing and only participates in maybe 8 plays a game.

justasportsfan
09-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Neil.

RedEyE
09-01-2007, 09:52 PM
It actually makes better sense then keeping Schneck. He gave nothing else to the team and was taking up a roster spot. At least Neil can play DE if needed..

OpIv37
09-01-2007, 09:53 PM
did anyone see if Neil long snapped in any of the preseason games?

RedEyE
09-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Here ya go Op:

<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Today
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 6:20 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1835)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
RYAN NEILL A NICE STORY: Every day Ryan Neill worked on his long snapping. The guy was tireless. Schneck is a real pro when it comes to long snapping, but a big factor for Neill had to be the situation at DE. With Al Wallace going on I-R and Hargrove to reserve suspended Neill's ability to play defensive end had to factor in there. Neill is a real lunchpail player. You know what you're going to get out of him every week.

justasportsfan
09-01-2007, 09:56 PM
did anyone see if Neil long snapped in any of the preseason games?
last thursday. They even said he did a fine job. Not probowl material but at least he can play DE.

TigerJ
09-01-2007, 10:11 PM
One of the problems with Schneck is that he's so small he's worthless as a blocker after he snaps the ball. That allowed other teams to get pressure up the middle. Neill is bigger and tougher. and can legitimately play a little defensive end.

DMBcrew36
09-01-2007, 10:13 PM
One of the problems with Schneck is that he's so small he's worthless as a blocker after he snaps the ball. That allowed other teams to get pressure up the middle. Neill is bigger and tougher. and can legitimately play a little defensive end.

That sounds about right to me. I trust the coaches know what they are doing. It's definitely his versatility that allowed them to make the decision.

evol4276
09-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Neill will. thats why they go rid of Schneck. It was spotlighted in the last preseason game so since he can longsnap itll free up much needed roster room. plus they said schneck was small which i wuldnt know cuz ive never watched him, thus allowing more room to work for Neill

*edit ok i see everyone else knew this haha should read next time

YardRat
09-01-2007, 10:14 PM
I hope it's an upgrade.

justasportsfan
09-01-2007, 10:14 PM
my only worry is that inspite of his size, the punt team wasn't broken. As a matter of fact Moorman and Shneck went to the probowl.

User Manuel
09-01-2007, 10:39 PM
The writing was on the wall when Neil long snapped the entire second half of every preseason game.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-01-2007, 11:09 PM
According to the announcers on the last preseason game, Schneck, who was listed as a LB, weighs around 235, while Neill is in the 270 range.

As has already been mentioned, Neill was the long-snapper in the second half of all of the preseason games (meaning that he actually got more work than Schneck this preseason because the Bills scored more in the 2nd half this preseason). Also, Neufeld has some experience long-snapping--I believe he did some under G.Williams. And, D.Preston (God help us!) apparently is also listed as the #3 long-snapper on the depth chart, although I can't remember if he did any long-snapping in the preseason last year or the year before.

Schneck was a terrific LS, but I really think the problem at DE, much more so than the problem of Schneck's lack of size, was the determining factor in letting him go. I don't think he would have been cut if the Bills didn't think that Neill had gotten to be pretty good in his own right, but I also don't think that they would have necessarily cut Schneck if they didn't have the issues that they have at DE, either.

Spiderweb
09-02-2007, 04:21 AM
my only worry is that inspite of his size, the punt team wasn't broken. As a matter of fact Moorman and Shneck went to the probowl.

Exactly, I don't believe it was mere coincidence that Lindell improved dramatically with Shneck snapping the ball. Levy of all people should know the value of a strong long snapper, being a supposed big believer in Special Teams.

chubluv
09-02-2007, 06:21 AM
Preston is 3rd on the depth chart as LS? Well thats encouraging he was the guy who snapped the ball over JP's head a couple of times during the pre season.:laugh:

im4bflo
09-02-2007, 11:08 AM
I like the whole thing about Neill having more importance with our DE problem,
that's a good thing, and a great decision.
The only thing that could go wrong, is the chemistry between snapper, holder, and kicker. But that doesn't seem to be a problem, since Neill did so well in preseason, that fans like me, didn't even know Schneck wasn't snapping.
So it's all good! :up:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-02-2007, 11:25 AM
The release of Schneck makes defensive end Neill the team’s top long snapper

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/153632.html

Michael82
09-02-2007, 09:56 PM
I like Neill staying on the team for depth at DE and an extra Long Snapper...but I also worry that losing Schneck may hurt Lindell and even Moorman in the long run. :ill: They both really got comfortable with him and talked about why the sole long snapper is needed on the team.

chernobylwraiths
09-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Guys are freaking out about Preston being THIRD STRING long snapper? This team has much bigger issues than that. Neil did a good job while snapping in the preseason, which is to say that he was not noticed.

im4bflo
09-02-2007, 10:40 PM
I like Neill staying on the team for depth at DE and an extra Long Snapper...but I also worry that losing Schneck may hurt Lindell and even Moorman in the long run. :ill: They both really got comfortable with him and talked about why the sole long snapper is needed on the team.

I agree, that was the reason of this thread, the chemistry of the kicking game being changed, but Neill has done very well, as long as he does well for the real games, no more worry's!

mikemac2001
09-03-2007, 12:20 AM
The season is over

0-16

O btw is this the magic man we had i dont really remember but few years back they kept having him do some lame magic...but all the losing seasons kinda blend in