PDA

View Full Version : If I Were M.Levy....

LifetimeBillsFan
09-01-2007, 10:39 PM
If I were M.Levy...which I obviously am not!...I would be doing my best to woo one of these two DTs into signing with the Bills: Antonio Garay or Ellis Wyms. Either one would have to be an improvement over T. Anderson and J.Jefferson in the Bills' DT rotation.

There are a couple of other options out there, but both Garay and Wyms are familiar with the system and could step in and play right away.

I'd also think very hard about trying to lure G/C Gene Mruczkowski away from the Pats.

If Levy is looking for a veteran QB as insurance as a #2-#3 QB, Tim Rattay has some starting experience and probably could be had cheap.

I wonder if Marv would consider having two Schobel's on his roster....? Bo isn't in the same class as Aaron, but he has more experience than Powell (with Neill as the long-snapper, his roster spot would appear to be safer than Powell's) and also has played in the same defensive system with Indy. I'm not sure that B.Schobel would be as good as Powell, but I'd have to think about him if I were M.Levy.

I don't think that the 53 man roster that the Bills have right now will be the one that they necessarily open the season with (at the very least, I can't see them going with only 2 QBs on the roster, the question is whether they want an experienced guy or another young guy as the 3rd QB). The possible additions that I am suggesting certainly wouldn't break the bank, either.

Scumbag College
09-01-2007, 10:46 PM
I would even go further and possibly think about trading a RB away for CB or DT help. I think that the Bills have four legit RBs on the roster right now, and I don't see one of them ever seeing the field and carrying the ball. I would see if a team would like A Train (a proven vet) or Fred Jackson (had a great preseason) and see if they would give some help at CB or DT.

Just a thought.

John Doe
09-01-2007, 11:01 PM
I wonder if Marv would consider having two Schobel's on his roster....? Bo isn't in the same class as Aaron, but he has more experience than Powell (with Neill as the long-snapper, his roster spot would appear to be safer than Powell's) and also has played in the same defensive system with Indy. I'm not sure that B.Schobel would be as good as Powell, but I'd have to think about him if I were M.Levy.

I don't think that B. Schobel is much of an option. Powell, for better or worse, is the stopgap for the first 4 games until Hargrove comes back. Even if Schobel were marginally better than Powell, he is not as familiar with the Bills system and is probably not as good as Powell on special teams. If they were looking at the 4th defensive end position it might be another story, but now Powell is probably going to play some significant minutes and I don't think that they want to rush a new face into the mix with a week to go before the first game.