PDA

View Full Version : Can we stop praising Marv for picks?

HHURRICANE
09-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Kind of sick of hearing how Marv is great at evaluating talent and that all of these draft picks in '08 are going to help us.

He cut: Nall, Pennington, CJ Ah You, and Schouman. All players he brought in. Three draft picks and a FA signing. The idea that getting 6th and 7th rounders for TKO and McGahee makes this team better when we just cut 3, 7th rounders, that Marv drafted doesn't make a lot of sense.

Our FA signings are going to look suspect as well if Tripplett, Dockery and Walker don't get there butts in gear.

Earthquake Enyart
09-02-2007, 11:04 AM
What percent of 7th rounders make the team in the NFL. 10%?

Night Train
09-02-2007, 11:09 AM
So what's the point of your post ? Marv's picks or the FA's ? You make no sense.

If it's the players he brought in the last 2 drafts, then he's done a good job. Pointing out 6th,7th round cuts is a laughable reach of epic proportions.

The FA's are questionable but that wasn't the point of your post...if you had a point.

HHURRICANE
09-02-2007, 11:10 AM
What percent of 7th rounders make the team in the NFL. 10%?

You are making my point for me. Marv isn't going to make a 7th rounder into Bruce Smith so acting like things are great when we get 6th and 7th rounders in trades is ridiculous. I would have rather had a #2 for Willis that two 3rds and a 7th. We have a 5th and a 7th for TKO. Not exactly going to change the shape of this team.

Luisito23
09-02-2007, 11:12 AM
I still love you Marv, no matter how many scrubs you cut!....:drunks:....

GO BILLS!!!!!

HHURRICANE
09-02-2007, 11:12 AM
So what's the point of your post ? Marv's picks or the FA's ? You make no sense.

If it's the players he brought in the last 2 drafts, then he's done a good job. Pointing out 6th,7th round cuts is a laughable reach of epic proportions.

The FA's are questionable but that wasn't the point of your post...if you had a point.

Picking talent in general. He's not going to do any better than any other organization in later rounds. As far as FA his track record is starting to look shaky.

Earthquake Enyart
09-02-2007, 11:24 AM
You are making my point for me. Marv isn't going to make a 7th rounder into Bruce Smith so acting like things are great when we get 6th and 7th rounders in trades is ridiculous. I would have rather had a #2 for Willis that two 3rds and a 7th. We have a 5th and a 7th for TKO. Not exactly going to change the shape of this team.
Marv was lucky to get anything for the cancer McGahee.

TKO is not the player he was, so this was a salary dump more than anything.

Marv's FA's leave something to be desired, but his drafting has been a solid B.

oak tree 12
09-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Kind of sick of hearing how Marv is great at evaluating talent and that all of these draft picks in '08 are going to help us.

He cut: Nall, Pennington, CJ Ah You, and Schouman. All players he brought in. Three draft picks and a FA signing. The idea that getting 6th and 7th rounders for TKO and McGahee makes this team better when we just cut 3, 7th rounders, that Marv drafted doesn't make a lot of sense.

Our FA signings are going to look suspect as well if Tripplett, Dockery and Walker don't get there butts in gear.

your knocking the guy because we cut 3 seventh rounders give me a freaking break!!!!!!!!

Goobylal
09-02-2007, 11:45 AM
This is probably one of the dumbest threads I've ever read here. Much less from HH.

Bro, I think the team losing has gotten to you. Maybe it's time to take a break from football.

shelby
09-02-2007, 12:00 PM
It's HHURRICANE's birthday.
Cut him some slack.

Slainte' brother!:beers:

raphael120
09-02-2007, 12:29 PM
I think Marv will have a better draft record than FA record.

People around the league are already starting to question whether our OL is going to be suspect AND overpaid.

G. Host
09-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Kind of sick of hearing from yiou what we should or not talk about.

Happy Borthday. You are getting older not smarter.

Stewie
09-02-2007, 02:19 PM
new england just cut three 2007 picks, a fifth rounder and a couple of seventh rounders. guess they suck at picking players, too.

YardRat
09-02-2007, 02:21 PM

To be a little fair, we really need to wait and see what those draft picks turn into in the future before determining whether or not it was worth it.

Wally The Barber
09-02-2007, 02:40 PM
I think the is a good chance THis years draft was better then the other 31 teams!

HHURRICANE
09-02-2007, 03:01 PM
It's HHURRICANE's birthday.
Cut him some slack.

Slainte' brother!:beers:

That's right!!!! Thank you Shelby!!!

HHURRICANE
09-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Some of you need to stop over-reacting to the posts around here. I din't say Marv sucked at drafting. What I'm saying is that he's not some miracle worker that is going to turn our low round draft picks into starters.

Evertime I read how we got a low round draft pick for a player that is a "cancer" or "past his prime" you need to take a few minutes and see the reality of the situation and how very few of these picks impact the roster.

I would have rather had TKO here than what we got for him. "Past their prime" starters are still better than 7th rounders that get cut.

shelby
09-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Marv is God. Now drink your birthday beer.

:beers:

Meathead
09-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Trust in The Marv and I shall not want.

- 1st Levyticus 1:1

BillsFever21
09-02-2007, 04:10 PM
new england just cut three 2007 picks, a fifth rounder and a couple of seventh rounders. guess they suck at picking players, too.

On a team like New England what kind of room is there on that team for ALL of their draft picks let alone late round draft picks? Their situation is a little different then our situation. That is why every draft period the Patriots are always trading away draft picks for that year and exchanging them for higher draft picks the following season. Their team is already stacked and there isn't room on their team for many draft picks. They would just be riding the pine every year.

It is a brilliant move by them. They trade away 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks when they don't need them and then next year they will have 1st or 2nd round picks for them. They can take a 3rd round pick and within two years have a 1st round pick out of it. They sometimes trade a late 1st round pick to a horrible team and end up with an early 1st round pick the following season and another first day pick out of it. They do it every draft. They don't need many draft picks because they won't be playing. All they need and care about are players that will be highly drafted and be impact players.

Our team on the other hand is seriously lacking talent. Many of our starters wouldn't be starters on most teams. If our starters are that bad then just imagine what are backups to them are like. We need as many players as we can get and there is a lot more room on our team for draft picks then teams like the Patriots. Plus the purpose of his post is that we cut late round draft picks like them when there is MANY people here praising trades and calling 5th and 7th round draft picks for guys like Spikes and McGahee as great trades. Just because you get 3 picks in a trade doesn't make it a good trade.

SquishDaFish
09-02-2007, 04:13 PM
:stfu:

justasportsfan
09-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Stupid thread. If the late draft picks made it over the players we already had, Marv is still stupid for late draft picks beating players on the team therefore we never had talent on the roster.

Marv just can't win.

jamze132
09-03-2007, 03:22 AM
Picking talent in general. He's not going to do any better than any other organization in later rounds. As far as FA his track record is starting to look shaky.
So the pre-season is over and so is our regular season?

oak tree 12
09-03-2007, 07:35 AM
Some of you need to stop over-reacting to the posts around here. I din't say Marv sucked at drafting. What I'm saying is that he's not some miracle worker that is going to turn our low round draft picks into starters.

Evertime I read how we got a low round draft pick for a player that is a "cancer" or "past his prime" you need to take a few minutes and see the reality of the situation and how very few of these picks impact the roster.

I would have rather had TKO here than what we got for him. "Past their prime" starters are still better than 7th rounders that get cut.

did you watch him @ all in the pre season,he is the same guy we saw last year and it was sad to see. he can no longer run,sorry but its true,he is a shell of his former self heck they even take him out in the nickle when was the pre injury tko ever a 2 down LB. the sad truth is the bills made the right choice!

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-03-2007, 08:16 AM
No offense, but I don't think he has hardly anything to do with the players drafted.

As far as organizations, you should look around the NFL and see what players are being cut from teams. There has been a couple 3rd round picks cut.