PDA

View Full Version : Article with good insight into NFL cuts

patmoran2006
09-02-2007, 03:14 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7180864

Pretty detailed account of all 32 teams.

CuseJetsFan83
09-02-2007, 03:18 PM
im still kinda wondering..... if any team would go after testaverde...... preseason showed he can still play... granted his feet are like cement when attempting to run, but can still throw........ maybe he's just a week 1 dumpoff......

secondly in terms of the bills, what "decent" DL are still available.... i see so many cuts, especially from like the raiders and such...... if the defenses are that good, can they be upgrades to whats available?

shelby
09-02-2007, 03:24 PM
How old is Vinny?

shelby
09-02-2007, 03:26 PM
:rofl:

One preseason observation: A preseason of curious media statements and decisions by coach Cam Cameron reached its zenith in Thursday's preseason finale against New Orleans. Stating he wanted to have the opportunity to better evaluate players, Cameron surrendered the head coaching duties to defensive coordinator Dom Capers and let tight ends coach Mike Mularkey and linebackers coach George Edwards handle Miami's offensive and defensive play-calling respectively. Why do I get the feeling Cameron might ultimately fall under the category of successful assistants who were ill-suited for head coaching roles?

CuseJetsFan83
09-02-2007, 03:26 PM
How old is Vinny?

:old:

i wanna say 43, 44........ he still has incredible arm strength, he just suffers from a severe case of bledsoeitis......

G. Host
09-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Vinny is old enough to be your father Shelby (43). Born: 11/13/1963 Brooklyn , NY.

I think Vinny asked to be cut so he could get more jerseys with his name on it from other teams.
I think Miami will be next.

shelby
09-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Vinny is old enough to be your father Shelby (43). Born: 11/13/1963 Brooklyn , NY.

You are very sweet, but my oldest brother was born in '66.:D

CuseJetsFan83
09-02-2007, 03:34 PM

I think Vinny asked to be cut so he could get more jerseys with his name on it from other teams.
I think Miami will be next.

im thinking he'll be shelved til after week 1, then someone will snag him.... but i could see miami, or even KC........

G. Host
09-02-2007, 03:35 PM
MIAMI DOLPHINS

One preseason observation: A preseason of curious media statements and decisions by coach Cam Cameron reached its zenith in Thursday's preseason finale against New Orleans. Stating he wanted to have the opportunity to better evaluate players, Cameron surrendered the head coaching duties to defensive coordinator Dom Capers and let tight ends coach Mike Mularkey and linebackers coach George Edwards handle Miami's offensive and defensive play-calling respectively. Why do I get the feeling Cameron might ultimately fall under the category of successful assistants who were ill-suited for head coaching roles?
Does this make anyome else's frown turn into a smile?

G. Host
09-02-2007, 03:36 PM
im thinking he'll be shelved til after week 1, then someone will snag him.... but i could see miami, or even KC........

Exactly. Why pay for an entire season when you can get him on a game by game rental.

CuseJetsFan83
09-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Does this make anyome else's frown turn into a smile?

while i understand he wanted to get out of the proverbial box, that was a stupid move.........

but i guess the fair excuse would be that it was preseason, and he wanted a more hands on way of cutting/waiving

ParanoidAndroid
09-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Mularkey calling plays? Let him keep the job!

:lolpoint: Miami

Tatonka
09-02-2007, 05:51 PM
didnt the fish lose 7-0 in the game that mularky called?

TigerJ
09-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Testaverdi is too old to be my son, which means he's too old to play football.