PDA

View Full Version : POZ and Butler named starters - LINK

bills4every1
09-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Have not seen this posted just got texted.

<table style="border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(0, 45, 120);" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="left">Today
</td> <td align="right">Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 5:07 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1841)

</td> </tr></tbody></table>
BRAD BUTLER NAMED STARTING RG: Bills head coach Dick Jauron named Brad Butler the team's starting right guard after practice this afternoon. More details to come on the home page of Buffalobills.com shortly.

Jauron also named Paul Posluszny his starting middle linebacker. More details to follow on the home page.
---

Great for both

GO BILLS!

BILLSROCK1212
09-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Have not seen this posted just got texted.

<table style="border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(0, 45, 120);" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="left">Today
</td> <td align="right">Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 5:07 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1841)

</td> </tr></tbody></table>
BRAD BUTLER NAMED STARTING RG: Bills head coach Dick Jauron named Brad Butler the team's starting right guard after practice this afternoon. More details to come on the home page of Buffalobills.com shortly.

Jauron also named Paul Posluszny his starting middle linebacker. More details to follow on the home page.
---

Great for both

GO BILLS!
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=133226

gr8slayer
09-02-2007, 04:51 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=133226
awesome

shelby
09-02-2007, 04:52 PM
:up:

SquishDaFish
09-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Someone might want to merge this with the other thread.

HHURRICANE
09-02-2007, 05:12 PM
I guess Jauron read my thread about Butler being our best RG.

BuffaloBillsStampede
09-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Im pumped about both of these announcements.

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2007, 05:26 PM

:nod:

njsue
09-02-2007, 05:29 PM
I will be wearing my Poz Jersey next sunday. :love:

Goobylal
09-02-2007, 05:57 PM
They already knew it. Prior to training camp they said they wanted the O-line set within the first week. After training camp started, they decided to wait, ostensibly because Butler looked the best, despite being the least experienced. Then he got injured which derailed their plans. But now he's healthy.

And I feel pretty good about 4/5 of the O-line. I'm still underwhelmed by Fowler, but he's the best the Bills have had in awhile.

And I guess Op is happy, or should I say less pissed, that Poz is starting.

raphael120
09-02-2007, 05:59 PM
POZ!!!!!!!!

Nighthawk
09-02-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm very glad to hear this. I mentioned after the game Thursday that Butler looked like our best RG and it turned out to be true. Let's hope he helps out the OL as much as I hope he will. On a side note, are the Bills working at all this year??? I mean, it's been 24 hours since cuts and you can't tell me that there is NOBODY on the waiver wire that could help this team?!?! Come on, Marv...WAKE UP!!!!

patmoran2006
09-02-2007, 06:58 PM
The fact that butler is starting despite missing a good part of training camp and to my knowledge last year never seeing the field as a guard--- goes to show you just how f'n bad Whittle and Preston are.

I love the move. Why not give the kid his shot.

Tatonka
09-02-2007, 07:22 PM
i love the quote from the article about butler.

As is his nature Butler was very humble about the promotion, but is ready to get to work.

"I was obviously happy about it, but I was already focusing on Denver," said Butler. "I don't think about personnel decisions. I just go out there and give 100 percent a day. If they told me tomorrow that I was going to move to defensive tackle that's what I would do and I would go out there and practice as hard as I possibly can. It just doesn't really affect my game."

Butler has superior size to that of veteran Jason Whittle and Duke Preston and has really developed his upper body strength through this past offseason. The University of Virginia product took a two week break after the 2006 regular season came to a close and returned to One Bills Drive for the duration of the offseason.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5168

Nighthawk
09-02-2007, 07:30 PM
i love the quote from the article about butler.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5168

The one thing that I like about him is that he brings a nasty side to the OL. You have to have those guys that just want to rip somebody's head off. Let's hope he turns out to be everything we envision him to be.

PECKERWOOD
09-02-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm really glad to see Butler land the RG job. I thought he deserved it, but he still needs to prove it.

bigbub2352
09-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Great move with Butler, i think he will be very solid for us there, Poz was only a matter of time, he will be ab east, Butler should be much more stout in the running game, him and walker next to each other are Towers, should not be bull rushed easy either, he is strong as a bull. Poz will make us forget about Fletcher nad Spikes, any thoughts to movin Digorgio to outside for Ellison spot, i think he would be much better than Wire there

PECKERWOOD
09-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Great move with Butler, i think he will be very solid for us there, Poz was only a matter of time, he will be ab east, Butler should be much more stout in the running game, him and walker next to each other are Towers, should not be bull rushed easy either, he is strong as a bull. Poz will make us forget about Fletcher nad Spikes, any thoughts to movin Digorgio to outside for Ellison spot, i think he would be much better than Wire there

Agree with all except part about DiGorgio replacing Wire at the WLB position. I think Wire will do fine.

bigbub2352
09-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Agree with all except part about DiGorgio replacing Wire at the WLB position. I think Wire will do fine.
Just an option and he is bigger than Wire but i am willing to see what Wire can do about Henry, then maybe we will see if Wire will stay or need to be replaced from within or via FA

Tatonka
09-02-2007, 08:28 PM
any thoughts to movin Digorgio to outside for Ellison spot, i think he would be much better than Wire there

this is the second time i have seen you say the same thing tonight.. i am still waiting for an answer..

based on what? the fact that you have not seen digi play that position at all ever in his nfl or college career? or based on the fact that wire has played extremely well since moving back to lb?

TigerJ
09-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Butler is obviously the right person for the job, but despite anything the Bills might say, it could take a little time before Walker and Butler develop the seamless coordination and communication they need to play next to each other.

Mahdi
09-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Im sure Butler is good at Pass Pro.... but I wonder what he's like as a run blocker. He's really tall and thats never an advantage for a run blocker, I hope he's the exception to the rule because from what Ive seen in pre-season we need help in the run game not the Pass pro.

Philagape
09-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Poz, never a doubt. :up:

Butler has some proving to do, that he can hold up when it counts.

Michael82
09-03-2007, 01:02 AM
Excellent news! Poz has earned it. He's been the best MLB and will be there for many many years. As for Butler.... GREAT NEWS! I'm glad that Jauron did this. I was pulling for Butler right at the beginning of camp, but then he got injured. He's definitely much better than Duke Preston! :bf1:

Captain gameboy
09-03-2007, 05:04 AM
The fact that butler is starting despite missing a good part of training camp and to my knowledge last year never seeing the field as a guard--- goes to show you just how f'n bad Whittle and Preston are.

I love the move. Why not give the kid his shot.

What it shows more is that Butler was never cut out to be a tackle in the NFL, at least in my view. He always seemed like a guard to me, and I mentioned that when they drafted him. I think it took him a year to develop the body more suited to guard.

Though he is a it late to the game here, he is an extremely intelligent player, so that will help a bit.

HAMMER
09-03-2007, 05:12 AM
God I hope this pans out well. I am so flippin sick of seeing the middle of our line getting blown up.

DBrown77
09-03-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm a little worried that our RT Guard has never played a snap in the regular season and is next to Walker. Also injury prone. I'll give him a chance though. GO BILLS!

FlyingDutchman
09-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Good thing some people got their panties in a knot in July about Poz not starting

BillsFever21
09-05-2007, 11:31 PM
This just shows how bad everybody else is when Butler wins the starting job. It doesn't mean he is good yet. He is just the best of the worst.

The OL still has a long ways to go. Some want to think otherwise but our only improvement from last year is Dockery at a very high price.