PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys think Brandon Jackson becomes Green Bay's lead back?

Ickybaluky
09-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Jackson didn't have a spectacular preseason, and is still recovering from a concussion, but I think he will be a big part of the Pack's offense before too long. I mean, if the other options are Vernand Morency (who is finally healthy) and Noah Herron, doesn't he have to play by default?

I can see the Pack wanting to use Jackson, with his ability to catch the ball, like Philly uses Bryant Westbrook. They run similar offenses.

I've been wanting to ask this question for months, but without the new NFL forum, there was no place for it.

Thanks, NBF!

Tatonka
09-02-2007, 08:32 PM
i have him on both of my fantasy teams, so i hope so.

i think morency is too far behind and not good enough anyway.. there is no one to take the job from jackson.

PECKERWOOD
09-02-2007, 08:36 PM
No.

Was a backup in hs.

Was a backup in college.

Will be a backup in the NFL.

Ickybaluky
09-02-2007, 08:37 PM
i have him on both of my fantasy teams, so i hope so.

i think morency is too far behind and not good enough anyway.. there is no one to take the job from jackson.

The other guys all suck, so they have to use Jackson. He will catch the ball a lot anyway.

Are you allowed to post here? After all, you are a Bills fan. You guys have your own forum.

Tatonka
09-02-2007, 08:46 PM
i am here by choice... i feel free now. dont tell ee.

!Papacrunk!
09-02-2007, 08:56 PM
i am here by choice... i feel free now. dont tell ee.

WELCOME BRUDDA!!!!

Michael82
09-02-2007, 09:44 PM
He's one of my sleepers for fantasy football. When he look at the RB situation in Green Bay, he's really all they have. I see him having a pretty good year too. :up:

BILLSROCK1212
09-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Jackson didn't have a spectacular preseason, and is still recovering from a concussion, but I think he will be a big part of the Pack's offense before too long. I mean, if the other options are Vernand Morency (who is finally healthy) and Noah Herron, doesn't he have to play by default?

I can see the Pack wanting to use Jackson, with his ability to catch the ball, like Philly uses Bryant Westbrook. They run similar offenses.

I've been wanting to ask this question for months, but without the new NFL forum, there was no place for it.

Thanks, NBF!
i think Herron went on IR

Ickybaluky
09-03-2007, 06:21 AM
i think Herron went on IR

I missed that, but you are correct.

Also, Morency has been hurt all of camp (knee).

Here is an article from the Packers home page, and it sounds like Jackson will start week 1:

LINK (http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2007/09/02/1/)

At the very least, I would think Jackson will replace Herron in the 3rd down back role.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Didn't they already name him as the starter? I was told that.

Tatonka
09-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Source: Greg A. Bedard, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Green Bay Packers running back Vernand Morency appeared to be participating fully in practice for the first time since July 30th on Sunday, and also looked healthy. He got a lot of personal work with QB Brett Favre on the side.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Fantastic news for Morency and the Packers. Obviously, not good news for Brandon Jackson owners who were counting on him being the clear cut #1 guy. Morency will take a little bit to get into "football shape" but he'll likely cut into Jackson's time.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2007/09/02/driver-morency-return-to-practice.aspx

DraftBoy
09-03-2007, 12:13 PM
What was Jackson's injury in the preseason?

DraftBoy
09-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Also on Jackson he was one of the fast risers around combine time and his stats really didnt back it up. He left school early which was a real surprise considering Keller was coming in and the school was supposed to rise back to the top of the Big 12. I have concerns about Jackson's injury history from HS through College. He has a tendency to be nicked up and he had problems holding onto the ball in college. I think you'll see he and Morency split carries probably similar to a Dunn/Norwood combo last year for Atlanta but Jackson may get 3-7 more carries a game then Norwood last season.

Tatonka
09-03-2007, 12:33 PM
jackson is still day to day with a concussion as well.

Mr. Pink
09-03-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm still shocked the Packers traded away Gado before or during last season, can't recall. He was head and shoulders better than what they had behind Ahman Green and now they're stuck with crap at the running back position. Favre has to be pissed.

By default Brandon Jackson will end up starting this year.