PDA

View Full Version : Parcells wanted to be Giants GM while the HC of the Cowboys

Ickybaluky
09-02-2007, 09:40 PM
According to Ernie Accori's new book, Parcells made it known before a Giants/Cowboys game last year he would be willing to be GM of the Giants after Accorsi left.

LINK (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2007/09/02/2007-09-02_bill_parcells_wanted_to_be_giants_genera.html)

Hours before a big Giants-Cowboys showdown last December, then-Cowboys coach Bill Parcells sat in a car outside Giants Stadium and made it clear to the Giants that he was interested in their soon-to-be-vacated general manager's job.

That's one of many surprising revelations in "The GM: The Inside Story of a Dream Job and the Nightmares That Go With It," by Tom Callahan (Crown Publishing) - a story about the 2006 Giants told with the help of retiring GM Ernie Accorsi. A copy of the book, due to be released on Sept.18, was obtained by the Daily News.

According to the book, six hours before the Giants and Cowboys battled on Dec. 3 for first place in the NFC East, Parcells "sat with a former Giants colleague in a car in the parking lot....What Bill supposedly said became the lead item on the front office grapevine: 'I'm available to be the Giants' GM if they get stuck. Keep me alive with John Mara, will you?'"

In January, when news broke of Parcells' supposed interest in the Giants' GM position, both Parcells and the Giants denied it. "There's absolutely nothing to it," Parcells told the Daily News back in January. "There has been no contact, either directly or through an intermediary. Whoever said it is a liar."

According to the book, the reaction in the Giants' front office to Parcells' denial was "hilarity."

BILLSROCK1212
09-02-2007, 09:53 PM
I don't blame the Giants personel for laughing at him.