PDA

View Full Version : What was the reason for placing Al Wallace on IR????

BILLSROCK1212
09-03-2007, 12:25 AM
Does anyone know what was the injury that caused the Bills to place Al Walace on IR?

Meathead
09-03-2007, 12:37 AM
shoulder

musta been significant cuz they wouldnt have done it otherwise

Michael82
09-03-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm still surprised that they put Denney on the 53-man roster. What a ****ing waste of a spot. He's not going to be ready this season. No way! And if he is...that's rushing it too much.

Meathead
09-03-2007, 12:56 AM
how do you know he wont be ready

Michael82
09-03-2007, 12:58 AM
how do you know he wont be ready
because he has the same kind of injury as McCargo! :ill:

Ebenezer
09-03-2007, 01:00 AM
I'm still surprised that they put Denney on the 53-man roster. What a ****ing waste of a spot. He's not going to be ready this season. No way! And if he is...that's rushing it too much.
Denny should play this year. With Wallace going on IR this move wasn't surprising. Who do you suggest they bring in to take his roster spot? Even if they could bring in somebody else in the long run a healthy Denney is still better than some of the guys in other positions on this team who could be cut to bring in another DE.

Meathead
09-03-2007, 01:24 AM
well as of right now all weve got as de backups are a practice squad player from last year and the long snapper

cant go four games like that, let alone the opener. gotta be an add here in few days

Dr. Lecter
09-03-2007, 01:28 AM
because he has the same kind of injury as McCargo! :ill:

Dr.Mikey, Dr. Mikey.........

Same kind. Not same exact.

They expect him ready around the 8th week.

jamze132
09-03-2007, 05:54 AM
Is Al Wallace really any worse then the other scrubs on the D-line? I never even heard of Wallace!

The bottom line is we are going to suck on defense the first half of the season regardless of who is playing DE. Obviously there is more of a burden put on Schobel and Kelsay's shoulder but back-ups are back-ups for a reason. Cause they suck. I don't really consider Denney a backup since him and Kelsay play pretty much the same amount of time.

I don't think Wallace going on the IR is a big deal. All he is is a name, a number, and a roster spot. He would have made no contribution anyways. We should have attempted to get Quentin Moses who at least has a little upside.

DBrown77
09-03-2007, 09:52 AM
Wallace was actually not too bad of a backup down here in Carolina. I watched a lot of games. A lot of people were upset that the panthers cut him

don137
09-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Is Al Wallace really any worse then the other scrubs on the D-line? I never even heard of Wallace!

The bottom line is we are going to suck on defense the first half of the season regardless of who is playing DE. Obviously there is more of a burden put on Schobel and Kelsay's shoulder but back-ups are back-ups for a reason. Cause they suck. I don't really consider Denney a backup since him and Kelsay play pretty much the same amount of time.

I don't think Wallace going on the IR is a big deal. All he is is a name, a number, and a roster spot. He would have made no contribution anyways. We should have attempted to get Quentin Moses who at least has a little upside.

Wallace was a very good player and a great addition to the team until his injury. Just because you never heard of him does not mean he was not a good player.

jamze132
09-04-2007, 02:35 AM
Wallace was a very good player and a great addition to the team until his injury. Just because you never heard of him does not mean he was not a good player.
Ok, I will give you that, but generally speaking, people hear of people who don't suck.

Night Train
09-04-2007, 05:30 AM
Let me get this straight.

If I don't know the names of players from other teams, I must assume they all suck. Correct ?

Wally The Barber
09-04-2007, 06:11 AM
Wallace was placed on IR simply because he will not be ready until the final few games of the season or perhaps not at all!

You need to clear a spot to add another player before the first game!

Why carry 2 DE's that may not play?

bflojohn
09-04-2007, 12:44 PM
The encouraging thing about Al Wallace was that the Bills didn't just give him an injury settlement, they MUST have seen enough to know that he has something left in him. That aspect, to me, was the suprise!!

G. Host
09-04-2007, 04:12 PM
The encouraging thing about Al Wallace was that the Bills didn't just give him an injury settlement, they MUST have seen enough to know that he has something left in him. That aspect, to me, was the suprise!!

What differenence does it make? If he is given an injury settlement or put on IR in either case Bills can not use him on roster nor even in practice. As we saw with Spikes and Vincent even dedicated players rarely come to practice or games to help impart their knowledge.

Nighthawk
09-04-2007, 06:44 PM

Another problem with this organization is that they are more worried about hurting a guys feelings than doing what is best for the team. Denney is not going to make an impact and instead of putting him on IR where he belongs and going out and getting somebody (after Wallace was hurt) who could fill the spot, they instead feel the need to waste a spot with a guy who is mediocre at best. I just don't understand this FO...their goal just doesn't seem to be winning a championship.

Dr. Lecter
09-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Another problem with this organization is that they are more worried about hurting a guys feelings than doing what is best for the team. Denney is not going to make an impact and instead of putting him on IR where he belongs and going out and getting somebody (after Wallace was hurt) who could fill the spot, they instead feel the need to waste a spot with a guy who is mediocre at best. I just don't understand this FO...their goal just doesn't seem to be winning a championship.

They want to win one, no doubt.

They might have different ideas than you do, but differing opinions does not equal not wanting to win.