PDA

View Full Version : Jet fan here... As Jet and Bill fans... We should all be feeling good about...

HendersonD06
09-02-2007, 03:18 AM
The Patriots situation as of right now.

I'm from Jetnation,com with the user name of DefesneWinsChampionships and the reason why I have a sn like HendersonD06 is because I'v been around on BillsZone for quiet some time and when we had D.Henderson as the DC from the Ravens, during the Herm era, as a fan... I was actually loving the way our Defense was heading with at the time a rookie in J.Vilma... I really dont post on Billszone that oftern for the simple fact I like to save my posts for the begining of the season and also for when we play each other, plus... I know how it feels to have Patriot fans over at JN, turning great threads, into garbage threads... Chad and his noodle arm can only go so far...

I never post on any other team sites, for some reason BillsZone made me welcomed, it's a great site... And one thing about Buffalo fans... You all are some die hard, bad wheater fans, and I respect that. All that talk about the Bills moving out of Buffalo was total B.S in my eyes... Why not just ruin the whole AFC East while thier at it? Without Rivals in the divison such as the Jets, Pats, Bills and Dolphins... As fans we would have nothing...

Now, as I was saying... This whole offseason I been saying the Jets are gonna win the AFC East this year (Maybe it's the homer in me) but I also been saying this whole off season that the Patriots are actually on the verge of missing the playoffs for the first time in a long time. Now with the suspension of R.Harrison and the Injury to Seymour, that Defense with a below average secondary is looking really suspect at this time. Yea they went and got A.Thomas but at the same time A.Thomas was more of a product of a great system in my eyes out in Baltimore. For example... He was playing alongside R.Lewis who is a top 5 MLB, I'm sorry but Teddy Brusci is past his prime, and even while in his prime... Could NEVER play up to the level of a R.Lewis. He also played behind a D-Line that had an explosive DE in T.Suggs, and Im sorry but now that R.Seymour is out for 6-12 weeks... J.Green is no T.Suggs who is simply explosive for a lineman (I believe he's a LB once again this year for Baltimore) Now he was playing infront of the BEST SECONDARY in all of Football with 2 #1 CB's in McCalister and Rolle along with the best Safery in the game today in E.Reed... I'm sorry, but A.Thomas may be a bust out in NE. Throw in the factor that Dillon is gone who was a proven work-horse, Maroney has yet to prove in the NFL that he can handle the load for a full 16 game season also add the fact that Moss may be a cancer on and off the field... The Patriots are really introuble this year... And the Defense may just be the down fall.

Now onto the Jets... Last year we made the playoffs with a rookie HC in E.Mangini, a 1st year OC in Martys boy, 2 rookies on the O-Line in Brick and Mangold, we started the season with scrubby ass RB's in K.Barlow and D.Blaylock, this year we actually have a strong 1-2 punch with Thomas Jones and Leon Washington... With a run game, the Play-Action pass from Pennington to Coles and Cotchery can actually take this offense pretty far this year. We made the playoffs last year with Chad running the show who was playing for the first time in 2 seasons, and a brand new 3-4 D that was suspect against the run.

We had another great draft this year drafting the best CB in the draft in D.Revis who looks like a REAL SHUTDOWN Corner so far in the preseason, and we also drafted one of the best LB's in the draft in D.Harris from Michigan and a speed burning WR in Stukey who will be a nice addition with last years WR drafted in B.Smith who can do it all... Run, Pass, Catch, KR, and PR... B.Smith is the Jets "Slash" as of right now. With the addition of Revis we actually have a solid secondary with Dyson, Revis, Miller, Barrett, E.Coleman and K.Rhodes who is a Play-maker along with LB's in Barton, Vilma, Harris, Hobson and B.Thomas gives us nice deph at the LB positions and the D-Line is our weak spot with Roberson and Ellis and Coleman...

I really feel that this Jets team has a great chance at the AFC East this year, but the Bills drafted the RB I wanted in M.Lynch... Willis McGahaee who? I'm telling you that Lynch is going to be a STUD... Also J.P Lossman is a winner and he's gonna be a leader one day, the kid has a nice arm and he shows alot of heart. I really dont know 2 much about the Bills, but I do know this... When the Jets and Bills play... Its usually a tough game.

evol4276
09-02-2007, 03:57 AM
theyre still gunna clean the floor with us

HendersonD06
09-02-2007, 04:05 AM
theyre still gunna clean the floor with us

Yea, and thats what every NFL team thought they would do to the Jets last year... You never know...

casdhf
09-02-2007, 06:34 AM
I agree that the Pats D is starting to look weak, but Thomas is a freak.

shelby
09-02-2007, 06:42 AM
It's nice to see a Jets fan who doesn't post smack. Good luck to you this season.....except when you play the Bills, of course.

:beers:

YardRat
09-02-2007, 06:44 AM
I like the way you think...I'm not wishing injuries on anybody, but I hope the Patriots implode.

mybills
09-02-2007, 07:39 AM
It's JP Losman, not Lossman. But thanks. :up:

Turf
09-02-2007, 09:14 AM
I have always been the suprised the last few years the Jet's haven't done better with the lineman they've had. Maybe they are ready to break out.

HHURRICANE
09-02-2007, 09:31 AM
The Jets will be better but will finish worse because of their schedule. Miami has secured worst team in the division rights. The Bills would have to stun the Pats. So essentially the Pats could easily win the AFC-East without much effort.

Ickybaluky
09-02-2007, 10:04 AM
I can definitely see the Pats getting off to a slow start this year. They have some key players out early on (Harrison, 4 on PUP) and are integrating some new players into key roles. Given their brutal early schedule, I'd be happy if they are 5-4 or better when their bye week arrives.

However, barring an injury to Brady, you are nuts if you don't think they will be one of the teams in the mix in November/December.

Think about it:

- They still are strong and deep on the OL and DL, where games are controlled and won. They have one of the best front-7's in the NFL, and that helps them in the secondary.

- They have upgraded their offensive skill talent a great deal over last year, even if Moss doesn't work out, and should score more points.

- They still have Brady, and I shouldn't have to say anything more. Granted, if he gets hurt all bets are off, but if he is healthy they are a favorite.

- For the first time in a long time, they didn't suffer any losses in the coaching staff. This is important for continuity.

- They are stronger at CB than any recent season. Samuel is coming off a career year. Ellis Hobbs is entering his 3rd year and look ready to establish himself. Randall Gay, who started in the Super Bowl for them, returns.

Seriously, your posts seems to amount to wishful thinking. You don't think Adalius Thomas will have an impact? I'm not even sure where to go with that.

Again, I could see the Pats getting off to a slow start, especially looking at their schedule. I can even see the division being more competitive than people think it will be. However, not making the playoffs? Completely falling off the map? Barring an injury to Brady, there is too much talent, too much experience and too good a coaching staff in place for that to happen.

I'm not saying the Pats will win the Super Bowl or anything. It is too early to tell who will be there. However, you can't honestly look at their team and not recognize the things they have going for them. It just makes no sense.

In November/December, the Pats will be there with the best. Unless Brady is hurt. In that case, all bets are off.

HendersonD06
09-02-2007, 10:12 AM
-Last year was Chads first year back from 2 years of injuries to his throwing arm... Most "NFL Experts" and fans and said Chad had no chance of making it through 4 games before being hurt/benched... Let alone help lead this Jets team to 10 wins and a playoff birth.

-Last year the Jets made the playoffs with 2 rookies STARTING on the O-Line in Brick and Mangold, who actually had to step in and replace a HOF center

-Last season the Jets made the playoffs under a rookie HC in E.Mangini along with a first year OC in Marty's boy...

-Last season we started the year with Kevin Barlow and D.Blaylock as our starting runningbacks... lmao And we still made the playoffs WITHOUT A RUNNING GAME.

-Last season we made the playoffs while running a brand new 3-4 defensive scheme after we had ran the 4-3 under Herm for a good 4-5 seasons.

-Last season we drafted a Play-Maker in Leon Washington in the 4th round out of FSU... Im telling you Buffalo fans, this kis is the most explosive player in the open field that I'v had a chance to see as a Jets fan since S.Moss

-Last season we drafted a player in Brad Smith that can DO IT ALL... He is a threat each and every time that he's on the field... We use him as a QB, RB, WR, and KR... He may not be a superstar player, and maybe never will be... But he does make the opposing defenses "Key in on him" which in a way, makes other players get a chance to make big plays.

-Last season we all seen the play-makers the Jets have in J.Cotchery and K.Rhodes... I have never seen a Safety who plays like K.Rhodes, this is the next best thing to E.Reed in the NFL... Im not the only one saying that, just ask all the NFL Experts about K.Rhodes... This man is a play-making superstar. And as far as J.Cotchery goes... This kid broke each and every record that was set by T.Holt while playing for USC as a WR. Last year was his first year starting as a 3rd year player, he was simply AMAZING getting 900 something yrds recieving.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
-This year has been Chad's first offseason in a little over 2 years that he has been healthy, which means that he actually had a chance to Practice with the team and learn the plays during the offseason... Instead of having to go to rehab

-This will be Mangini's 2nd season as the HC of the Jets, his 2nd season to actually get a chance to work with his players, OC's, DC's and actually put a winning team on the field.

-This year we drafted the best Cornerback in the draft in D.Revis out of Pittsburg and we also drafted a top 3 MLB in D.Harris in the 2nd round out of Michigan... D.Harris is a ture 3-4 MLB who can help shut down the running game.

-Last season we had Barlow and Blaylock as our starting runningbacks... This year we just went out and got Thomas Jones who helped lead the Bears offense to the SB last year... Because we all know that Rex grossman did nothing to help that team on the offensive side of the ball. With Thomas Jones and Leon Washington.... The Jets backfield will have a solid 1-2 punch and actually make the Defenses game plan for our rushing attack come sundays.

-This year we will have a much better O-Line for the simple fact the Brick and Mangold's rookie seasons and rookie mistakes are far behind them.

This year players such as Ellis, Robertson, Vilma, Barton, Hobson, Thomas, Dyson, Justin Miller (top 3 KR in the NFL), A.Dyson, K.Rhodes, E.Coleman will all be playing better under the 3-4 with another years experience... And add the fact that we drafted 2 rookies who are already ready to start in Revis and Harris... And guess what? We now have a Defense ready to compete...

Look, Im not being a troll... I just think it's funny how people still think nothing of this Jets team. As a fan of the Jets, Iv never been this pumped up about them... Last season we only finished 2 games out from NE for the AFC East... This year we are 10 times better as a team.

Ickybaluky
09-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Thought I'd bump this thread to see if HendersonD06 wanted to come back and comment now that a game has been played.

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm not feeling good about NE going 6-0 in the division by a combined score of 240-60.

NYJ EcKo151
09-09-2007, 09:36 PM
I can sadly say as a Jets fan...

Our defense is going to be 28th or worse!!!

CuseJetsFan83
09-10-2007, 12:19 AM
hey, ill take my lumps.......... we shot ourselves in the proverbial foot and we allowed randy moss to play us like lil girls

eh, hopefully this is just a 1 game deal, otherwise, top 5 draft pick here we come!

FlyingElvis
09-10-2007, 11:20 AM
The initial post is a little humorous after week 1, but I gotta give Henderson some credit for putting a lot of thought into it. He was making some sense until he got to the A. Thomas part. Then it went kinda downhill from there.

DynaPaul
09-13-2007, 01:57 PM
That Patriots team sure looked great knowing all the plays. Let's play it again and see how they fare against the Jets going on the field blind. Patriots fan have nothing to be proud of.