• Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla admin
    • Jul 2002

Marv comments on J.P.

It sounds as if Marv likes the progress J.P. has made:

QUOTE TO NOTE
    "We think he made great progress. It takes a quarterback time. People draft a first-round quarterback and say, 'Gee, he wasn't good enough' and then they start to hammer him so hard and his confidence begins to wane. J.P. made great strides and I have to say this, he studies. He gives the impression of being a California beach-boy dude, but he's a very focused young man. His confidence has begun to spill over to his teammates and their confidence in themselves and in him has grown." -- GM Marv Levy on QB J.P. Losman, who begins his third season as the Bills starter.
    full story
    This is his make or break year. i want to see him succeed, and i hope all his hard work will pay off.
    He's making himself a valuable member of the Buffalo community as well, which shows me he's committed to this team and the city.

• YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Marv comments on J.P.

I hope he continues to progress also. The first four-six weeks are going to be the key for me this season.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

Thanks Shelby... This should hold of the Losman bashers... Both of them!

I susupect that money is not gonna be the focal point of an extension. I would say that if there is such a thing as a hometown discount, this is it.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

I hope JP puts up sick numbers this year and we have to pay him accordingly.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

It really doesn't matter what Marv thinks at this point. It comes down to how JP plays. His destiny is in his own hands which is all I ever wanted for this kid. MM and TD almost ruined this kid from getting a fair shake.

I give Marv and Jauron credit for staying the course even when JP wasn't "their guy." Nobody can blame the organization if JP fails.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

anyone who is not rooting for jp to do well should be rooting for another team.

i will root for whoever the qb is under center.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

This is his make or break season, and there is no more excuses.

He has enough experience now. He has ALL of his returning WR's from last year that he knows. He has an upgrade at RB with Lynch over McGahee.

The team spent a ton of money on Dockery and Walker to the offensive line.

There is simply no more excuses. Either Losman becomes a good consistent QB in this league, or it's time to see what Edwards can do in 2008.

I hope Losman does well, I love his attitude and fire and he's very committed to the city outside of football. I'd be lying if I said I didnt have my doubts. while he throws as good a long ball as anyone in the league; I still think his decision making is horrible at times and his rushed inaccuracy with intermediate routes is often maddening.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

BS.. no way Marv used the word 'dude'.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

This year is a huge test for JP because he's pretty much carrying the team on his back right now. As he goes, so go the Bills. If he continues his development as the same rate he has, he should do well this year and we'll be set up nicely for 2008 when hopefully we'll upgrade his receivers.
                  If he stays inconsistent and becomes our Jake Plummer, then we'll have another QB controversy and let him go when his contract his up. I'd like to stick with him unless he totally tanks.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• camelcowboy
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    anyone who is not rooting for jp to do well should be rooting for another team.

i will root for whoever the qb is under center.
                    Do i have to root for the ?center because i think Fowler is garbage

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

plummers big prollem was always his ints. hed play well but seemed to always throw that pick at the worst possible time

jp otoh has been really good at protecting the ball on pass plays. true he had some fumble prollems last year but got that corrected once he focused on it. so i dont think tos are going to derail him

if theres one area thats been his weakness its converting on third downs. he hasnt yet demonstrated the ability to consistently keep the chains moving. his success has come primarily on earlier downs. lots of that can be attributed to the offense as a whole but hes got to find the ability to get it done when they need him to on later downs. thats especially critical this season where the expectation is the d will be giving up a lot of yardage between the twenties and theyll need to o to help win the field pos battle
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by draz54
                        Thanks Shelby... This should hold of the Losman bashers... Both of them!

I susupect that money is not gonna be the focal point of an extension. I would say that if there is such a thing as a hometown discount, this is it.

let's see how he performs before you start talking extension.if he starts out this season like he did last season,he'll be going back to California with a surfboard in his ass sideways.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          Sab and TD are insignificant
                          • Sep 2002

And if he does continue to play like he did the second half last season, will you walk around the strip with a surfboard stuck up your @$$ sideways?
                          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                            And if he does continue to play like he did the second half last season, will you walk around the strip with a surfboard stuck up your @$$ sideways?
                            How'd that Baltimore game look?

Comment

• mayotm
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                              How'd that Baltimore game look?
                              Amazing that you put more weight on a meaningless season ending game, rather than looking at all the good things JP did in the second half of last season. It's really pathetic that you're cheering against the QB of the team that you allegedly cheer for.

Comment

Working...
                              X