PDA

View Full Version : Frye will be Browns' starter for opener

Ebenezer
09-04-2007, 12:44 AM
Frye will be Browns' starter for opener
Associated Press

BEREA, Ohio -- Charlie Frye will start at quarterback for Cleveland's season opener Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Frye, who started 13 games last year, entered training camp slightly behind Derek Anderson in the quarterback competition. But he outperformed Anderson during preseason games and directed one touchdown drive against the Denver Broncos. Anderson produced no touchdowns when he led the offense during preseason games.

Coach Romeo Crennel said Monday the position will be evaluated on a weekly basis. But he wouldn't say if Frye's backup was rookie Brady Quinn, a first-round draft pick, or Anderson.

Quinn, selected 22nd overall in April, missed 11 days of training camp in a holdout, but led four touchdown drives in three preseason games, mostly against backups.

Crennel said Frye's experience playing against Pittsburgh and as a team leader was the deciding factor.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d802063fe&template=with-video&confirm=true

CuseJetsFan83
09-04-2007, 07:46 AM
i hope frye does well, ive never been too fond of mr quinn

DraftBoy
09-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Frye will start the first 4-6 games I think

CuseJetsFan83
09-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Frye will start the first 4-6 games I think

yeah i agree, unless they can somehow get some wins..... but in my opinion, the longer quinn is off the field, the better!

Mr. Pink
09-04-2007, 04:28 PM
yeah i agree, unless they can somehow get some wins..... but in my opinion, the longer quinn is off the field, the better!

I'm holding out hope that Quinn never sees the field in a meaningful game for the cleveland browns. meaningful = regular season. I'm hoping that he plays some mopup time, looks decent, and then they get a decent trade out of him. Meanwhile Frye lights it up throwing to KII and Braylon and running Lewis a lot.

Michael82
09-05-2007, 12:51 AM
I'm holding out hope that Quinn never sees the field in a meaningful game for the cleveland browns. meaningful = regular season. I'm hoping that he plays some mopup time, looks decent, and then they get a decent trade out of him. Meanwhile Frye lights it up throwing to KII and Braylon and running Lewis a lot.
wow...what the hell is with all the Brady Quinn hate? Did he steal your girlfriend or something? :snicker:

Mr. Pink
09-05-2007, 02:51 AM
wow...what the hell is with all the Brady Quinn hate? Did he steal your girlfriend or something? :snicker:

I literally can't stand the guy...from his attitude - the whole campaigning for the Raiders to take him number 1...to holding out wanting top 5 money, because him and his agent thought he should go there...to charging cleveland fans 75 dollars minimum per autograph at a cleveland mall...to never showing up against any real college opposition...to the fact that he was the biggest player the media glad handed out of and in college that I can remember.

Does that sum it up well enough?