PDA

View Full Version : Glenn's empty locker upsets Cowboys safety

Ebenezer
09-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Glenn's empty locker upsets Cowboys safety
Associated Press

IRVING, Texas -- Roy Williams was angry about suddenly having an empty locker next to his after the Dallas Cowboys cut veteran cornerback Aaron Glenn.

"I'm going to miss AG, man. That's my dude," Williams said Monday before the team's first practice since Glenn was cut. "I'm going to call him like every other day just to say 'I miss you' because I love him so much."

When asked if he was surprised that Glenn was among the 21 players cut Saturday, Williams tersely expressed his bitterness.

"He was an asset for us with his wisdom and his knowledge of the game, and the way he took care of all these young players and myself too," said Williams, a four-time Pro Bowl safety. "We learned a lot from him. Hopefully now, we can just go off of what he taught us."

The 35-year-old Glenn, a two-time Pro Bowler going into his 14th NFL season, was signed Monday by Jacksonville to be the Jaguars' fifth cornerback.

With starting cornerback Terence Newman (right foot) still questionable for Sunday night's season opener against the New York Giants, one of the biggest surprises in the Cowboys cuts was the popular Glenn.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80208f9e&template=with-video&confirm=true

PECKERWOOD
09-04-2007, 06:44 AM
These older type of veterans are worthless to the fans but nobody knows exactly how much they're really missed in the locker room.