PDA

View Full Version : Nall sounds a little bitter

Ickybaluky
09-04-2007, 06:59 AM
Nall seems a little bent about being cut in Buffalo, in this interview in the Alexandria-Pineville, LA Town Talk (http://www.thetowntalk.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007709040317):

Nall, a former LSU and Northwestern State quarterback, did not play a down for the Bills last year in his first season at Buffalo after injuring his hamstring in the first week of training camp. He did not play much in preseason this year and his reps decreased at practice while they increased for rookie Trent Edwards, who is apparently being groomed to be the backup for starting quarterback J.P. Losman.

"I kind of envisioned where they were trying to take this thing," Nall said. "I talked with coach (Dick) Jaroun about a week and a half ago about my situation. I asked him if he was going to let me go or trade me, and he said, 'No that wouldn't be a smart business decision.' Evidently, he changed his mind a week-and-a-half later.

"I feel like I'm getting out of a bad situation and starting a new chapter in my life, finding a place where I can fit in," Nall said, noting he and his wife will wait a few days to see if anything develops regarding a move to a new team. "We're just going to take things a step at a time now.

jamze132
09-04-2007, 07:10 AM
It sounds to me like he really thinks he's good and he should be starting somewhere. I like his attitude. Maybe he is really good enough but no one will ever know until someone gives him a shot.

I feel bad for the guy.

Wally The Barber
09-04-2007, 07:10 AM
Nall seems a little bent about being cut in Buffalo, in this interview in the Alexandria-Pineville, LA Town Talk (http://www.thetowntalk.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007709040317):

I think he made alittle money for his time!

casdhf
09-04-2007, 07:14 AM
Right. The guy's a multi-millionaire and hasn't taken the physical beating that most NFL guys take. I feel really bad for him.

doug0365
09-04-2007, 07:15 AM
My first post here... :D:

Who wouldn't be??? After he was supposed to compete for the starting QB job but he got injured and then to have a rookie QB beat you out of second string position.. I would be bitter too... but now he is free to pursue his career someplace else.. I dont think he could have beaten JP for the starting job even if he was healthy..

Night Train
09-04-2007, 07:18 AM
I knew he would never be a serious QB candidate when I saw him hurt his hammy in camp last year. He was barely moving, rolling to his left when he came up lame.

Much like Bledose, he couldn't move out of his own way. That's a dying breed in todays NFL.

RedEyE
09-04-2007, 07:28 AM
I don't think the Bills had envisioned letting Nall go but in lieu of recent injuries, they need to add depth areas that obvioulsy required more attention. And let's face it, Nall certianly didn't make a case for himself while in Buffalo.

Had Nall performed well last year and at least put forth a better effort this preseason he might still be on the team. In reality it's always been stated (ALWAYS) that he just wasn't grasping the system.

I'm sorry, but I think the Bills gave him plenty of opportunity and fate finally intervened - not Dick Jauron.

don137
09-04-2007, 07:31 AM
I agree that Nall had the chance to perform and did very little in his opportunity. I am not saying he is not a good quarterback. I just don't think he is a good NFL quarterback. While it does suck to lose your job you can't feel too bad for a guy that made a few million the past few years.

gr8slayer
09-04-2007, 07:36 AM
cry me a river. You got beat out by a rookie

HHURRICANE
09-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Nall had his chance in Green Bay as well. Maybe it's not the message but the messenger.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-04-2007, 09:57 AM
Craig Nall is just not very good, period. He's not a victim, he's not unlucky....he's just not as good as NFL teams need him to be.

Mr. Pink
09-04-2007, 10:21 AM
I think Nall has a legitimate right to be bitter in a way.

The organization came across as lying to him from the minute go. However it was all done for the bettermint of the QB position as a whole, so I can't blame the organization one bit.

Still, he did make some money for not having to worry about ever getting touched, let alone hit.

don137
09-04-2007, 10:36 AM
I think Nall has a legitimate right to be bitter in a way.

The organization came across as lying to him from the minute go. However it was all done for the bettermint of the QB position as a whole, so I can't blame the organization one bit.

Still, he did make some money for not having to worry about ever getting touched, let alone hit.
If he showed something then I would agree with you but he was consistently the worst QB on the practice field of the three from the training camp practices I went to.

deepslant
09-04-2007, 10:39 AM
If Nall goes to KC he's there starter this weekend. He could learn the system on the plane ride, hand off to Larry 40 times a game and his bad hammy could take a break. Herm's cell phone must be lit up and voice mail full of "Hi Herb, I'm your QB of the future."

raphael120
09-04-2007, 11:42 AM
I could go to KC and be the starting QB and i have a busted up shoulder.

justasportsfan
09-04-2007, 12:00 PM
I could go to KC and be the starting QB and i have a busted up shoulder.
you should give miami a call too

Mr. Miyagi
09-04-2007, 12:04 PM
I don't feel too bad for Nall. He lost his job fair and square. It's not like he wasn't given a chance.

Atlanta is calling. Go hold the clip board there and make a few more million.

ScottLawrence
09-04-2007, 12:14 PM
He got screwed.

He wasn't spectacular, but he moved the chains for the most part when he got to play.......The coaches wanted to see more of Trent Edwards, a guy who the coaches and mangement really like, so Nall got screwed on playing and was eventually cut.

I would be bitter too.

justasportsfan
09-04-2007, 12:16 PM
He got screwed.

He wasn't spectacular, but he moved the chains for the most part when he got to play.......The coaches wanted to see more of Trent Edwards, a guy who the coaches and mangement really like, so Nall got screwed on playing and was eventually cut.

I would be bitter too.
he actually sucked at camp which is why they wanted to see more of Edwards. Edwards did outplay him at camp.

Mr. Miyagi
09-04-2007, 01:22 PM
He got screwed.

I would be bitter too.
Nall sucked in the Detroit game. :down:

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-04-2007, 01:39 PM
:bigwave:

Oaf
09-04-2007, 03:04 PM
Plain and simple, Nall never got his shot, last year or this. Like others said, he did make an assload of money in the process, so eh, whatever.

GBay's Ingle Martin is now on IR, so maybe they'll pick him up again and see where that goes for him. :snicker:

henrybacker
09-05-2007, 07:03 AM
Didn't sound overly bitter to me. If he is such a lousy player, how does that reflect upon Marv getting him and paying him that well?

henrybacker
09-07-2007, 07:10 AM
Of course it doesn't. Another free pass for Marv.

ibatiger
09-07-2007, 11:37 AM
I don't think the Bills had envisioned letting Nall go but in lieu of recent injuries, they need to add depth areas that obvioulsy required more attention. And let's face it, Nall certianly didn't make a case for himself while in Buffalo.

Had Nall performed well last year and at least put forth a better effort this preseason he might still be on the team. In reality it's always been stated (ALWAYS) that he just wasn't grasping the system.

I'm sorry, but I think the Bills gave him plenty of opportunity and fate finally intervened - not Dick Jauron.

Nall did well enough last year even with limited work because of the injury. I recall a lot of surprise that Holcomb was no. 2 because it was generally thought that Nall did enough in his limited work to jump Holcomb. This year Jauron said he had a good offseason and then in camp he was doing very well even as his reps were decreased steadily. He might have thrown one or two interceptions all camp and Losman and Edwards threw them by the buckets. He knows the offense. They apparently think Edwards is the second coming. But Nall barely had a chance to make a case to keep the no. 2 job. When he did play he played well considering he barely got a series a game. You can't blame the blindside from the safety on him (which could have easily been called differently as the ball actually went forward) and who knows what happened on the fumbled snap with a backup center. We'll never know. Couple that with Jauron not even entertaining the idea of trading him at a time when something could have been done that would have benefited the team and Nall, and I can see why he would be ticked. Ironically, I see in the morning paper that he is working out in Atlanta today. It was the Atlanta preseason game that he was not allowed to play at all. He could have been allowed to play and show Atlanta what he could do and then a trade could have likely been worked out. It was a foregone conclusion that Edwards was going to be no. 2. I have a source that told me that Nall was told that when he met with Jauron before the third preseason game. One of his family members told this guy. I called him to see if he knew what was going on because Nall was not playing and I was shocked when he told me that Edwards was already no. 2 and it had been decided a long time ago. That's what he was told and he told me that I had to swear to not tell anybody or he'd be in trouble with Nall's brother or somebody. I didn't tell anything about it until after the article was in the paper about the meeting. Anyway, a trade would have been a win-win for the team and Nall. It was handled very poorly. I don't blame Nall for feeling like he was lied to or deceived. Good luck with Atlanta.

Mr. Pink
09-07-2007, 12:03 PM
And what would have Nall gotten in a trade?

He's a journeyman NFL QB with little to no experience and hasn't made his way past number 3 ever on a depth chart.

he's a dime a dozen mediocre NFL qb.

Kerr
09-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Nall sucks.

Here's something the late Dr. Suess would like:

Nall ball in camp.
Nall ball no good in camp.
No more nall ball in camp
We hate nall ball
Ball nall sucks.