X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Nall sounds a little bitter

Nall seems a little bent about being cut in Buffalo, in this interview in the Alexandria-Pineville, LA Town Talk:

Originally posted by Nall
    Nall, a former LSU and Northwestern State quarterback, did not play a down for the Bills last year in his first season at Buffalo after injuring his hamstring in the first week of training camp. He did not play much in preseason this year and his reps decreased at practice while they increased for rookie Trent Edwards, who is apparently being groomed to be the backup for starting quarterback J.P. Losman.

"I kind of envisioned where they were trying to take this thing," Nall said. "I talked with coach (Dick) Jaroun about a week and a half ago about my situation. I asked him if he was going to let me go or trade me, and he said, 'No that wouldn't be a smart business decision.' Evidently, he changed his mind a week-and-a-half later.

"I feel like I'm getting out of a bad situation and starting a new chapter in my life, finding a place where I can fit in," Nall said, noting he and his wife will wait a few days to see if anything develops regarding a move to a new team. "We're just going to take things a step at a time now.
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: Nall sounds a little bitter

It sounds to me like he really thinks he's good and he should be starting somewhere. I like his attitude. Maybe he is really good enough but no one will ever know until someone gives him a shot.

I feel bad for the guy.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by NE39
      Nall seems a little bent about being cut in Buffalo, in this interview in the Alexandria-Pineville, LA Town Talk:
      I think he made alittle money for his time!
      Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

Right. The guy's a multi-millionaire and hasn't taken the physical beating that most NFL guys take. I feel really bad for him.
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• doug0365
          • Aug 2006

My first post here...

Who wouldn't be??? After he was supposed to compete for the starting QB job but he got injured and then to have a rookie QB beat you out of second string position.. I would be bitter too... but now he is free to pursue his career someplace else.. I dont think he could have beaten JP for the starting job even if he was healthy..

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

I knew he would never be a serious QB candidate when I saw him hurt his hammy in camp last year. He was barely moving, rolling to his left when he came up lame.

Much like Bledose, he couldn't move out of his own way. That's a dying breed in todays NFL.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

I don't think the Bills had envisioned letting Nall go but in lieu of recent injuries, they need to add depth areas that obvioulsy required more attention. And let's face it, Nall certianly didn't make a case for himself while in Buffalo.

Had Nall performed well last year and at least put forth a better effort this preseason he might still be on the team. In reality it's always been stated (ALWAYS) that he just wasn't grasping the system.

I'm sorry, but I think the Bills gave him plenty of opportunity and fate finally intervened - not Dick Jauron.

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

I agree that Nall had the chance to perform and did very little in his opportunity. I am not saying he is not a good quarterback. I just don't think he is a good NFL quarterback. While it does suck to lose your job you can't feel too bad for a guy that made a few million the past few years.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

cry me a river. You got beat out by a rookie

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Nall had his chance in Green Bay as well. Maybe it's not the message but the messenger.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                      • May 2004

Craig Nall is just not very good, period. He's not a victim, he's not unlucky....he's just not as good as NFL teams need him to be.
                      "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                      --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

I think Nall has a legitimate right to be bitter in a way.

The organization came across as lying to him from the minute go. However it was all done for the bettermint of the QB position as a whole, so I can't blame the organization one bit.

Still, he did make some money for not having to worry about ever getting touched, let alone hit.

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                          I think Nall has a legitimate right to be bitter in a way.

The organization came across as lying to him from the minute go. However it was all done for the bettermint of the QB position as a whole, so I can't blame the organization one bit.

Still, he did make some money for not having to worry about ever getting touched, let alone hit.
                          If he showed something then I would agree with you but he was consistently the worst QB on the practice field of the three from the training camp practices I went to.

Comment

• deepslant
                            • May 2007

If Nall goes to KC he's there starter this weekend. He could learn the system on the plane ride, hand off to Larry 40 times a game and his bad hammy could take a break. Herm's cell phone must be lit up and voice mail full of "Hi Herb, I'm your QB of the future."
                            *********The Kid**********

Comment

• raphael120
                              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                              • Oct 2005

I could go to KC and be the starting QB and i have a busted up shoulder.

Comment

Working...
                              X