PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide TV Games

deepslant
09-04-2007, 10:42 AM
What games are going nationwide beyond Denver and Dallas? This team needs some exposure.

OpIv37
09-04-2007, 10:44 AM
disagree.

The last team this team needs is exposure- first it has to get better. Right now, exposure is only going to bring more criticism and ridicule (and rightfully so).

Don't Panic
09-04-2007, 10:51 AM
I have to agree with OP... under the radar is definitely the best approach right now.

deepslant
09-04-2007, 10:52 AM
disagree.

The last team this team needs is exposure- first it has to get better. Right now, exposure is only going to bring more criticism and ridicule (and rightfully so).

Too negative. Pre-season doesn't count, right? So, let's get Fairchild's game planning underway, Poz will stuff the run, Evan's long, and our CB's will figure it out starting Sunday. Let's leave the rose-colored glasses on at least till Sunday afternoon.

BAM
09-04-2007, 11:12 AM
It'd be fine with me if they were all on TV then I could just roll out of bed and watch 'em all on my big screen.

That being said, at least it's guaranteed at the local Bills Backers bar every week on a 60 incher. :up: AND at least 6 games will be on TV locally this year. :beers: :gobills:

HAMMER
09-04-2007, 12:35 PM
disagree.

Do you really care about what other people think about the Bills?

OpIv37
09-04-2007, 12:43 PM
Do you really care about what other people think about the Bills?

No, but I don't think it's good for team morale to have to turn on NFLN or ESPN and see themselves getting ripped on every time. On top of that, the national media never does their homework on the Bills (even when they're on national TV) and usually gets a lot of things wrong. If that's how they're going to cover the Bills, I'd rather just stick with the local coverage.

G. Host
09-04-2007, 04:28 PM
It is as good or probably better than getting ripped on by Buffalo fans and media which happens already.

Mitchy moo
09-04-2007, 04:30 PM
I have to agree with OP... under the radar is definitely the best approach right now.

Just like when St. Louis came out of nowhere in 99'. I bet on that team every week and sure as can be they came through. Didn't really matter what the line was, they had one game that they we're -19 to New orleans at home and my wife was screaming at me me for the first 20 minutes and after that it was all love.

Mr. Pink
09-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Just like when St. Louis came out of nowhere in 99'. I bet on that team every week and sure as can be they came through. Didn't really matter what the line was, they had one game that they we're -19 to New orleans at home and my wife was screaming at me me for the first 20 minutes and after that it was all love.

Ugh, this team is NOWHERE close to being as good as the 99 Rams...save it.
Holt-Bruce vs Evans-scrub = no contest.
Lynch vs Faulk = Faulk was well established prior to that season.

Just because we plan on running a similiar offense, doesn't mean we'll get similiar results.

On to the topic though of Nationally Televised games...
If we're good in the latter half of the season, we'll have plenty of televised games, thanks to the NFL adopting the flexible schedule plan. Which I still absolutely love as an idea.

Don't Panic
10-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Do you think we flew under the radar last night? I think that settles that.

imbondz
10-09-2007, 10:16 AM
i'd be psyched if the Bills games were the only ones they showed.

raphael120
10-09-2007, 10:40 AM
You don't bring out a fat ugly chic you banged to show your friends. You keep her on the down low.

The Bills are that fat ugly chic.