PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Blitz had the Bills ranked...

HHURRICANE
09-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Afternoon Blitz on Sirrius had the Bills finishing 2nd in the AFC-East.

NE: 13-3
Bills: 8-8
Jets: 7-9
Miami:5-11

I think this is pretty realistic.

MikeInRoch
09-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Wouldn't shock me.

RockStar36
09-04-2007, 01:09 PM
Unfortunately 8-8 still means no playoffs.

raphael120
09-04-2007, 01:15 PM
8-8 is damn good for our schedule, if we do 8-8, know how good our chances are of being in the playoffs next year? I'll take an 8-8 this year if it means we'll be makin playoff runs in the following years.

RedEyE
09-04-2007, 01:25 PM
That's high in my opinion, but I have them at about 7-9 so... a last minute FG could make that different.

OpIv37
09-04-2007, 01:34 PM
8-8 is not entirely unrealistic but I would definitely characterize it as the more optimistic side of realistic.

I think 7-9 will be tough and 6-10 or 5-11 is more likely.

The Answer
09-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Unfortunately 8-8 still means no playoffs.

And it also means bye bye JP Losman and hello Trent Edwards.

~The Answer

Mr. Miyagi
09-04-2007, 01:41 PM
And it also means bye bye JP Losman and hello Trent Edwards.

~The Answer
Too bad Kelly Holcomb got traded. He would've taken over the reign.

:rolleyes:

justasportsfan
09-04-2007, 01:41 PM

that's where I'm at although I had the jets going 8-8.

justasportsfan
09-04-2007, 01:42 PM
8-8 is not entirely unrealistic but I would definitely characterize it as the more optimistic side of realistic.

I think 7-9 will be tough and 6-10 or 5-11 is more likely.

so you picked 5-11 since it's most likely?

Mr. Pink
09-04-2007, 01:45 PM
I figure they're between a 4-12 (no breaks) and 8-8 (all breaks) team. Realistically those even out, so 6-10 is likely. 8-8 is possible though...unfortunately so is 4-12.

I don't know how they have the Jests somehow being worse than us though...I feel the Jests are still a better team as long as Noodle Arm stays healthy. If Noodle Arm goes down they're primed for last place though.

NorthCarBills
09-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Agree this is one of the more realistic predictions I've seen.

But...the way our schedule looks and as young as our team is, 8-8 might even be hard to come by. I personally would be OK with that record, pending the team is still playing hard by end of the season and is showing improvement week to week.

I honestly feel we're 1 year away from the playoffs, pending a solid draft and one more serious dip into free agency (e.g. DT, CB).

I'm of course still hoping and rooting for post-season bliss to happen this year, and trust me, I hate being content with a wash season. But I feel like the current, positive direction of the team unfortunately required a step or two back. And with wild cards so difficult to secure now, we may be slightly out of reach by season end.

justasportsfan
09-04-2007, 01:47 PM
I figure they're between a 4-12 (no breaks) and 8-8 (all breaks) team. Realistically those even out, so 6-10 is likely. 8-8 is possible though...unfortunately so is 4-12.

I don't know how they have the Jests somehow being worse than us though...I feel the Jests are still a better team as long as Noodle Arm stays healthy. If Noodle Arm goes down they're primed for last place though.

we're talking about the bills here, not the browns

:jk:

Mr. Pink
09-04-2007, 01:49 PM
we're talking about the bills here, not the browns

:jk:

LOL Justa...if I was predicting the Browns it would be more like 3-13!

The Answer
09-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Too bad Kelly Holcomb got traded. He would've taken over the reign.

:rolleyes:

The Answer loves The Holcombator, but The Franchise Trent Edwards is a much more talented QB and his upside is unlimited.

Look for The Holcomb to take over the Vikings offense when Jackson struggles and lead them deep into the NFC playoffs.

~The Answer

RockStar36
09-04-2007, 01:56 PM
8-8 is damn good for our schedule, if we do 8-8, know how good our chances are of being in the playoffs next year? I'll take an 8-8 this year if it means we'll be makin playoff runs in the following years.

I don't know about you but I'm getting tired of saying 8-8 will be good this year and they can make a run next year or the following years.

If this is the 8th season without playoffs it's going to be increasingly hard to be optimistic.

OpIv37
09-04-2007, 02:02 PM
so you picked 5-11 since it's most likely?

I think my early prediction (before preseason started) was 7-9 but I need to revisit that after seeing the run O and the injuries/suspensions we've had on D.

justasportsfan
09-04-2007, 02:03 PM
I think my early prediction (before preseason started) was 7-9 but I need to revisit that after seeing the run O and the injuries/suspensions we've had on D.
Make your prediction then. I made mine before knowing anything and am still sticking to it.

Mr. Miyagi
09-04-2007, 02:05 PM
The Answer loves The Holcombator, but The Franchise Trent Edwards is a much more talented QB and his upside is unlimited.

Look for The Holcomb to take over the Vikings offense when Jackson struggles and lead them deep into the NFC playoffs.

~The Answer
OMG will you PLEASE give that act a damn break. It's very tiring. :ill:

Mr. Miyagi
09-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Make your prediction then. I made mine before knowing anything and am still sticking to it.
No way you will get Op to make a prediction.

To him there's nothing worse than being wrong. Nothing. Even if it's just a meanlingless guess.

OpIv37
09-04-2007, 02:10 PM
No way you will get Op to make a prediction.

To him there's nothing worse than being wrong. Nothing. Even if it's just a meanlingless guess.

I don't know where you got that because I've made lots of predictions. I was one game off with my prediction last year. And I already made a prediction this year but I'm thinking of revising it now that more information is available.

And losing is far worse than being wrong.

justasportsfan
09-04-2007, 02:36 PM
I don't know where you got that because I've made lots of predictions. I was one game off with my prediction last year. And I already made a prediction this year but I'm thinking of revising it now that more information is available.

And losing is far worse than being wrong.
So what's taking you so long?

Mahdi
09-04-2007, 02:51 PM
LOL Justa...if I was predicting the Browns it would be more like 3-13!
The Browns will finish 9-7... Bills 9-7... I like the Browns to beat Pittsburgh 2ice, Baltimore 1ce, Miami, Oakland, Jets, SF, Houston, Arizona, and lose the rest. My reason is that they play a 3-4 with 4 good to very good LBs. Andre Davis and Jackson in the middle with Peek and Wimbley on the outsides. They also added Robaire Smith to their D-line which is an upgrade. I see them putting a lot of pressure on QBs and being able to run the ball quite well with a v good OL. Thomas-Steinbach-Bentley-Mckinney -Shafer and Jamal Lewis running behind them is pretty good. Frye will hook up with Winslow a lot this year and Edwards and Jurevicious will contribute a lot too. The Browns are on their way up.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 03:07 PM

:roflmao:

Dr. Lecter
09-04-2007, 03:09 PM
:roflmao:
I agree.

The Fins will never even close to 5 wins. :str8face:

Oaf
09-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Remember last time we went 8-8?
Bledsoe and Henry went to the Pro Bowl, Moulds and Price went over 1000, but our D held us back and we went 8-8.
So we go out and sign big names like Spikes, Milloy, etc. ESPN and everyone else sees this and predicts a deep playoff run. Then we smash the Pats and Jags 69-17. Now people are saying Super Bowl.

Remember how that season turned out? yep, that's what I thought.
Playoffs is the bottom line this year. Anything less than that is a failure, straight up.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 03:13 PM
I agree.

I agree. 9 wins isn't close to 5. :str8face:

The Answer
09-04-2007, 03:14 PM

Sorry you don't like The Holcomb, but it's no 'act' on The Answer's part.

What is so hard to understand that the guy is a simply a great veteran QB??

There's a reason that Minny coughed up a 6th round pick, because had The Holcomb hit the open market and been cut by philly it would have been a free for all to sign him by teams in need of a savvy veteran signal caller.

~The Answer

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 03:27 PM
I agree.

I expect a season closer to 2005 for the Fins. The offense should be comparable to the 2005 offense. They have a legit OC now. They have a QB that should be able to manage the gameplan and not give the ball away. The running game will be better because they will use it. Unfortunately I predict a slow start, just like 2005 for all the same reasons. New systems, new players, new coaches, etc., etc. The early season play needs to be better than last year. They have some winnable games early in the season. If they don't win those, they are in trouble. Their second half schedule is brutal. They will need some breaks.

The defense will be solid again, but it will be difficult to duplicate last season's performance.

Mr. Miyagi
09-04-2007, 03:29 PM
I agree. 9 wins isn't close to 5. :str8face:
:rofl:

Mr. Miyagi
09-04-2007, 03:30 PM
I expect a season closer to 2005 for the Fins. The offense should be comparable to the 2005 offense. They have a legit OC now. They have a QB that should be able to manage the gameplan and not give the ball away. The running game will be better because they will use it. Unfortunately I predict a slow start, just like 2005 for all the same reasons. New systems, new players, new coaches, etc., etc. The early season play needs to be better than last year. They have some winnable games early in the season. If they don't win those, they are in trouble. Their second half schedule is brutal. They will need some breaks.

The defense will be solid again, but it will be difficult to duplicate last season's performance.
3-13

Brian Brohm here he comes.

njsue
09-04-2007, 03:34 PM
The Bills will surprise us! I see playoffs. About time!!!!!

All the bills brass had to do is put the pieces in place.

good QB

A real running back

Much needed upgrade to the oline.

stellar WR's

A pretty good defense.

POZ will make a big difference on defense with his quickness.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 03:36 PM
3-13

Don't the Bills already have Losman and Edwards?

Mitchy moo
09-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Don't the Bills already have Losman and Edwards?

Yep and the fish have........... A soon to be IR case because of head trauma.

thecoordinator
09-04-2007, 03:38 PM
i cant wait til we go 6-10 so i can tell all the 5-11 predictors to eat ****.

Mitchy moo
09-04-2007, 03:40 PM
i cant wait til we go 6-10 so i can tell all the 5-11 predictors to eat ****.

Lol, raising the bar I see.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 03:57 PM
3-13

It really doesn't make sense to talk about records without figuring out who each team will beat. Just look at the two schedules. The Bills have a brutal schedule, especially early.

Buffalo:

1 Sep 09 DEN @ BUF - Loss - Just a terrible matchup for the Bills in week 1
2 Sep 16 BUF @ PIT - Loss - Pitt is a tough place to play
3 Sep 23 BUF @ NE - Loss - Pats just too tough
4 Sep 30 NYJ @ BUF - Win - The Jets are over rated
5 Oct 08 DAL @ BUF - Loss - I think the Cowboys will be decent this year
6 Bye
7 Oct 21 BAL @ BUF - Loss - Baltimore is a nightmare matchup
8 Oct 28 BUF @ NYJ - Loss - Jets get revenge at home
9 Nov 04 CIN @ BUF - Win - Big upset
10 Nov 11 BUF @ MIA - Loss - Miami and Buffalo will be evenly matched. Home team wins
11 Nov 18 NE @ BUF - Loss - See week 3
12 Nov 25 BUF @ JAC - Win - A bit of an upset
13 Dec 02 BUF @ WAS - Loss - Close game goes to the home team
14 Dec 09 MIA @ BUF - Win - Revenge for the Bills
15 Dec 16 BUF @ CLE - Win - CLev is just bad, bad, bad
16 Dec 23 NYG @ BUF - Win - Nice home win
17 Dec 30 BUF @ PHI - Loss - Philly is too good and NFC teams will still be fighting for home field

6-10

Miami:

1 Sep 09 MIA @ WAS - Win - Tough game for Jason Campbell
2 Sep 16 DAL @ MIA - Win - Close game goes to home team
3 Sep 23 MIA @ NYJ - Loss - Mia and Jets will split
4 Sep 30 OAK @ MIA - Win - Culpepper may not survive
5 Oct 07 MIA @ HOU - Win - Miami is the better team
6 Oct 14 MIA @ CLE - Win - Miami is the better team
7 Oct 21 NE @ MIA - Loss - Pats just too tough
8 Oct 28 NYG @ MIA - Win - This one is a toss up because its not really a Fins home game
9 Bye
10 Nov 11 BUF @ MIA - Win - Home game with two weeks to prepare
11 Nov 18 MIA @ PHI - Loss - Philly is too good
12 Nov 26 MIA @ PIT - Loss - Pitt is a tough place to play
13 Dec 02 NYJ @ MIA - Win - Miami at home
14 Dec 09 MIA @ BUF - Loss - Buf gets revenge
15 Dec 16 BAL @ MIA - Loss - Will be closer than people think
16 Dec 23 MIA @ NE - Loss - Damn Pats
17 Dec 30 CIN @ MIA - Win - Modest upset. Cincy will be out of it by then

9-7 (weeks 8 and 17 are crucial because there aren't many other winnable games)

HHURRICANE
09-04-2007, 04:04 PM
It really doesn't make sense to talk about records without figuring out who each team will beat. Just look at the two schedules. The Bills have a brutal schedule, especially early.

Buffalo:

6 Bye
10 Nov 11 BUF @ MIA - Loss - Miami and Buffalo will be evenly matched. Home team wins
17 Dec 30 BUF @ PHI - Loss - Philly is too good and NFC teams will still be fighting for home field

6-10

Miami:

8 Oct 28 NYG @ MIA - Win - This one is a toss up because its not really a Fins home game
9 Bye

Intelligent post. Didn't realize that Miami had such an easy schedule and you are right about our schedule being brutal.

Mr. Miyagi
09-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Let's examine your post:

Oct 08 DAL @ BUF - Loss - I think the Cowboys will be decent this year
yet

Sep 16 DAL @ MIA - Win - Close game goes to home team

Dec 02 BUF @ WAS - Loss - Close game goes to the home team
but

Sep 09 MIA @ WAS - Win - Tough game for Jason Campbell

Makes sense to me. :rolleyes:

HHURRICANE
09-04-2007, 04:09 PM
I predicted 9-7 with Darwin Walker in the lineup. I think the Bills are really thin on the depth chart so any injuries on either line puts us in trouble quickly.

I'm going with 8-8. And as Rockstar pointed out, isn't it getting a little old with an 8-8 expectation? The Bills need to get off the crapper. Lynch, Poz, Evans, and Losman all need to have break out years.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Intelligent post. Didn't realize that Miami had such an easy schedule and you are right about our schedule being brutal.

Thanks.

The Bills get hosed by having to face Denver and Jax while the Fins get Houston and Oakland. That two game difference might be the only difference between the teams. Also, the Bills schedule is tougher early. OTOH, if the Fins struggle early and lose games to the likes of Houston, Clev, Oak, they will be in huge trouble. In might be to the Bills advantage to take their pounding early against teams they aren't likely to beat anyway. The Bills will have to stay mentally tough to get through that early schedule.

Both teams will be in the 6-10 to 9-7 range and a game or two flips the position in the standings.

HHURRICANE
09-04-2007, 04:13 PM
PS. If we somehow come into the bye with a 3-2 record we are going to make the playoffs. We'll get Hargrove back and I think we will have time to make key adjustments during our early bye.

Than I think we end up 10-6.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Let's examine your post:

yet

but

Makes sense to me. :rolleyes:

For me, its all about matchups. Jason Campbell with struggle early on and will stuggle against a strong pass rush. The Bills don't get the Skins early and don't have a strong pass rush.

I also think Miami's defense will make the difference against the Cowboys.

Instead of throwing stones, lay out your predictions game by game just like I did. I tried to be objective (although that's not really possible).

Mitchy moo
09-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Thanks.

The Bills get hosed by having to face Denver and Jax while the Fins get Houston and Oakland. That two game difference might be the only difference between the teams. Also, the Bills schedule is tougher early. OTOH, if the Fins struggle early and lose games to the likes of Houston, Clev, Oak, they will be in huge trouble. In might be to the Bills advantage to take their pounding early against teams they aren't likely to beat anyway. The Bills will have to stay mentally tough to get through that early schedule.

Both teams will be in the 6-10 to 9-7 range and a game or two flips the position in the standings.

it's never good to take a loss and we need to fight to win every game. It's those game you squeak a win out early in the season that get you a playoff spot.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 04:20 PM
PS. If we somehow come into the bye with a 3-2 record we are going to make the playoffs. We'll get Hargrove back and I think we will have time to make key adjustments during our early bye.

Than I think we end up 10-6.

It's not impossible, but that still means winning 7 of these games:

I could see them sweeping Miami and beating Washington. Everything would have to go perfect for the Bills though.

Mitchy moo
09-04-2007, 04:23 PM

I could see them sweeping Miami and beating Washington. Everything would have to go perfect for the Bills though.

We treated you fin fans to a football clinic last year. We spent both afternoon's with you sitting in your backfield and embarrased you twice. What would possibly make you think now without a better O-line, a brand new caoching staff and a QB with head trauma built in that you would get better?

Straight up, the Bills could beat Miami in a jungle or Alaska on a football field.

HHURRICANE
09-04-2007, 04:27 PM

I think we can beat the Jets, Washington, or Philly. Philly, to me, is always way overrated. Or maybe Philly won't need to play starters if they are that good because they will have already clinched.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 04:28 PM
it's never good to take a loss and we need to fight to win every game. It's those game you squeak a win out early in the season that get you a playoff spot.

Trust me, I know. I'm still *****ing about losing to Houston in week one of 2003 and finishing 10-6 and out of the playoffs.

The wierd thing is that the AFC East faced the NFC East that year too. Add in games against Houston, Baltimore, and the normal division games and the Fins play 12 of the same teams they faced in 2003. Maybe this year they beat Houston and finish 11-5 :str8face:

Mr. Miyagi
09-04-2007, 04:28 PM
We treated you fin fans to a football clinic last year. We spent both afternoon's with you sitting in your backfield and embarrased you twice. What would possibly make you think now without a better O-line, a brand new caoching staff and a QB with head trauma built in that you would get better?

Straight up, the Bills could beat Miami in a jungle or Alaska on a football field.
Minus Welker and McMichael.

RUN RONNIE RUN!

Mitchy moo
09-04-2007, 04:34 PM

RUN RONNIE RUN!

Lol, that's about all we are going to see. That and the dump off pass to try to catch the Bills pressing.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 04:37 PM

Welcome to last year......

You've got an odd definition of embarrasing. In the first game, the Fins had more first downs, and more yards. Our OC was ******ed and stopped giving the ball to a RB that was averaging 5 YPC. The game was 3-0 at the half and shouldn't have been. Poor QB play and a missed FG kept the Fins from being up 10-3 at the half.

Our OC and QBs GAVE the Bills the games last season. I don't see that happening this year. IMO, they should have split last year and will split this year.

Mitchy moo
09-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Welcome to last year......

You've got an odd definition of embarrasing. In the first game, the Fins had more first downs, and more yards. Our OC was ******ed and stopped giving the ball to a RB that was averaging 5 YPC. The game was 3-0 at the half and shouldn't have been. Poor QB play and a missed FG kept the Fins from being up 10-3 at the half.

Our OC and QBs GAVE the Bills the games last season. I don't see that happening this year. IMO, they should have split last year and will split this year.

How did the Fins do in the second Bills game after tuning up for a little while??

They got smothered. They didn't even have a chance and looked like a bad college team, so thinking they are on the uprise after our good second half last year is insanity. The Fins also lost 4 of their last 5 games, not good.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 04:41 PM

RUN RONNIE RUN!

You guys talk a lot of smack for a 7-9 team that looked like crap in the preseason. When our OC wasn't an idiot, Ronnie trampled your defense.

In case you haven't noticed, the Bills are without Spikes, Fletcher, Clements, and Denney. Before you claim the first three won't be missed, remember they are all starting on teams better than the Bills.....

justasportsfan
09-04-2007, 04:44 PM

justasportsfan
09-04-2007, 04:47 PM

Buffalo:

6 Bye

6-10

Miami:

9 Bye

Here's my predicition, you will disappear like you did last season after all the crap you talked before the season started .

FYI, Cam may be a legit OC but he isn't a legit HC. He hasn't proven squat but you wish he is. Moolarkey is a more proven HC than CAm.

Mitchy moo
09-04-2007, 04:49 PM

Here's my predicition, you will disappear like you did last season after all the crap you talked before the season started .

Take this to the bank, GOLD DOME!!

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 04:51 PM
How did the Fins do in the second Bills game after tuning up for a little while??

They got smothered. They didn't even have a chance and looked like a bad college team, so thinking they are on the uprise after our good second half last year is insanity. The Fins also lost 4 of their last 5 games, not good.

Joey Harrington was a joke. 5/17 with 2 picks. Even with HORRIBLE QB play, the Fins had ONE less first down than the Bills. The Fins moved the ball early but weather conditions cause them to not attempt to makable FGs. After that Harrington tanked. Clearly you are over rating the Bills performance.

If the Fins looked like a bad college team, the Bills were a mediocre college team. Nothing to crow about.

The Bills lost 3 of their last 5, big deal.

justasportsfan
09-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Joey Harrington was a joke. 5/17 with 2 picks. Even with HORRIBLE QB play, the Fins had ONE less first down than the Bills. The Fins moved the ball early but weather conditions cause them to not attempt to makable FGs. After that Harrington tanked. Clearly you are over rating the Bills performance.

If the Fins looked like a bad college team, the Bills were a mediocre college team. Nothing to crow about.

The Bills lost 3 of their last 5, big deal.

If we go by last year , Green was a joke as well with a team he was very familiar with + a great rb. Brown isn't great and your Ol is questionable .

Mitchy moo
09-04-2007, 04:56 PM
If we go by last year , Green was a joke as well with a team he was very familiar with + a great rb. Brown isn't great and your Ol is questionable .

Exactly, so how does FFIB think they have gotten better??

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 04:58 PM

FYI, Cam may be a legit OC but he isn't a legit HC. He hasn't proven squat but you wish he is. Moolarkey is a more proven HC than CAm.

I didn't post crap before the season started and was still posting in Nov and Dec last season. You'll have to try again.

Cam wil be calling plays. He is a better play caller than Mularkey. Plain and simple. IMO, there will be fewer mistakes from the QB position too.

Why not just address how you think the season will play out rather than posting nonsense?

justasportsfan
09-04-2007, 04:59 PM
he thinks they brought in Cam and the entire Chargers team with him.

Mitchy moo
09-04-2007, 05:01 PM

Lol.

justasportsfan
I didn't post crap before the season started and was still posting in Nov and Dec last season. You'll have to try again.

Cam wil be calling plays. He is a better play caller than Mularkey. Plain and simple. IMO, there will be fewer mistakes from the QB position too.

Why not just address how you think the season will play out rather than posting nonsense?
haha! Too bad he doesn't have Brees/Rivers ,LT, Gates and the entire chargers OL. We'll see what he can do with the talent he has.

Mr. Pink

I think the Fins will be better by default.

They can't be worse than last year with absolutely brutal QBing. Green will stabilize the position til Beck takes over. Don't forget Green was actually good prior to getting his bell rung last season.

I still don't think they're better than the Bills though. Better than the Browns is even iffy in my opinion.

FinFaninBuffalo

Because Green has had more time to recover. IMO, he will easily be better than what we had last season and the play calling will be better.

The Bills lost 30% of their defense, yet everything is just fine :whistle:

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 05:03 PM
haha! Too bad he doesn't have Brees/Rivers ,LT, Gates and the entire chargers OL. We'll see what he can do with the talent he has.

In other words, you obstain from attempting to add intelligent points to the debate..... clearly it's easier to talk jibberish... okay, understood...

justasportsfan
09-04-2007, 05:04 PM
I think the Fins will be better by default.

They can't be worse than last year with absolutely brutal QBing. Green will stabilize the position til Beck takes over. Don't forget Green was actually good prior to getting his bell rung last season.

I still don't think they're better than the Bills though. Better than the Browns is even iffy in my opinion.

I've stated this before , Green has had 4000 yard seasons and can be very dangerous if given the weapons. His head is however questionable just like Daunte was questionable coming out of Minny. If we go by default, their Ol and their qb is questionable until proven otherwise.

We shall see. My prediction stands, FFIB will disappear.

Mitchy moo
Because Green has had more time to recover. IMO, he will easily be better than what we had last season and the play calling will be better.

The Bills lost 30% of their defense, yet everything is just fine :whistle:

Our Defense was bad last year but much better than your Fin's O-line, which is still suspect at best.

FinFaninBuffalo

Really? Where did I predict 14-2 and a sweep of the Bills. Surely you can do better than that.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Our Defense was bad last year but much better than your Fin's O-line, which is still suspect at best.

So says the fan of a team that allowed a crap load of sacks last season.......

justasportsfan
09-04-2007, 05:06 PM
In other words, you obstain from attempting to add intelligent points to the debate..... clearly it's easier to talk jibberish... okay, understood...
we went through this over at FH . You talked crap and then disappeared. What's there to talk about? The season is upon us . I've made my predictions clear. Talk is over. Time to play the games. Nothing you and I say is gonna mean anything because our teams will do the talking.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 05:07 PM
If we go by default, their Ol and their qb is questionable until proven otherwise.

Exactly the same can be said of the Bills.

Mitchy moo
09-04-2007, 05:08 PM

I think we're in a little different spot then you guys in many ways.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 05:08 PM
we went through this over at FH . You talked crap and then disappeared. What's there to talk about? The season is upon us . I've made my predictions clear. Talk is over. Time to play the games. Nothing you and I say is gonna mean anything because our teams will do the talking.

So which 8 games to the Bills win and which 5 games do the Fins win?

justasportsfan
09-04-2007, 05:09 PM

True,true. But your HC is more questionable than ours.

Mr. Pink
09-04-2007, 05:09 PM
I've stated this before , Green has had 4000 yard seasons and can be very dangerous if given the weapons. His head is however questionable just like Daunte was questionable coming out of Minny. If we go by default, their Ol and their qb is questionable until proven otherwise.

We shall see. My prediction stands, FFIB will disappear.

Coming off a concussion is a lot different than pretty much destroying your knee. Green should be alright, at least at first, from his injury to start the year. Chambers is a decent WR and while Ginn isn't by any means great, he is someone other teams have to worry about at least on stretching the field. Their OL is definitely questionable though. Hence why I don't think they'll finish better than us. Plus they're getting old on defense, even if that defense on paper is good.

About your prediction, it's probably true, because I don't remember FF1B posting much last season.

justasportsfan
09-04-2007, 05:10 PM
So which 8 games to the Bills win and which 5 games do the Fins win?
I ain't going through that.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 05:11 PM
I think we're in a little different spot then you guys in many ways.

Of course you do, you're a Bills fan.

Say what you want, but the Bills were 7-9 last season. They finished ONE game ahead of the Fins and have a tougher schedule than the Fins this year.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 05:12 PM
True,true. But your HC is more questionable than ours.

Sure, but are you really happy with the answers that Jauron provides......

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Coming off a concussion is a lot different than pretty much destroying your knee. Green should be alright, at least at first, from his injury to start the year. Chambers is a decent WR and while Ginn isn't by any means great, he is someone other teams have to worry about at least on stretching the field. Their OL is definitely questionable though. Hence why I don't think they'll finish better than us. Plus they're getting old on defense, even if that defense on paper is good.

About your prediction, it's probably true, because I don't remember FF1B posting much last season.

There is a search function. I had plenty of posts in Nov and Dec last season. Disappearing would imply I had none.

justasportsfan
09-04-2007, 05:13 PM

It's got nothing to do with the knee. Culpper was just as bad in his last year with Minny as Green was in his last year with KC. They both moved to a new team and while Culp stunk it up, we'll have to wait on Green.

They both supposedly knew the O they were running. Culp/Linehan Green/Cam. They may know it but do they have the supporting cast that made them successful in the past? Only time will tell.

As for FFIb , trust me. He and I go a couple of years. He's not your typical unintelligent finfan although he's the only living WANNYFAN .

He's passionate about his fins but he does talk crap.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 05:14 PM
I ain't going through that.

Why not? Isn't that the only legit way of coming up with a prediction?

justasportsfan
09-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Why not? Isn't that the only legit way of coming up with a prediction?
People who do this for a living couldn't be any more worse at making predictions than you and I when they picked the fins to go through the sb and both the jets and bills to finish last in the division last year.

SABURZFAN
09-04-2007, 06:11 PM

~The Answer

you heard it first Ladies and Gentlemen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :up:

SABURZFAN
09-04-2007, 06:12 PM

somebody gives their prediction and it's an act???why don't you give us a break. :rolleyes:

mybills
09-04-2007, 06:31 PM

:roflmao: Somebody's in dream land!

paladin warrior
09-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Why Always said 8-8 or 7-9.. Does Buffalo Bills Need :clown:Help? Which one Defense Or Offensive. OH man I hate Patriots. Patriots are in 2nd rank..

SABURZFAN
09-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Why Always said 8-8 or 7-9.. Does Buffalo Bills Need :clown:Help? Which one Defense Or Offensive. OH man I hate Patriots. Patriots are in 2nd rank..

i agree. :bf1: