PDA

View Full Version : Pats promise to let Samuel test FA next season if 1 year tender was signed.

Jeff1220
09-04-2007, 05:06 PM
so BB and Pioli must be completely unfit for their jobs. Just thought I'd point that out. :rolleyes:

Mr. Pink
09-04-2007, 05:11 PM
They needed Samuel this season. Next year they can go out and replace him with someone else. Hell the Pats are the team that can plug guys into playing corner and being fine.

Sadly Troy Brown at corner looked better than anyone on our team at corner looked last year, outside of Clements.

Not a good comparison.

OpIv37
09-04-2007, 05:13 PM
It was a dumb move by Marv and it's a dumb move by Pioli.

He'll be gone next year, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Patriots find a replacement- something we failed to do.

Wally The Barber
09-04-2007, 05:48 PM

He'll be gone next year, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Patriots find a replacement- something we failed to do.

If Samual asks for Clemments money then the smart thing to do is let them go, period!

Goobylal
09-04-2007, 06:51 PM

Chicago did it as well. So it's not as "dumb" as you think, but instead smart thinking. The days of trading franchise players is over.

casdhf
09-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Only Op is fit to run an NFL team. These other bums are just posing.

G. Host
09-04-2007, 07:08 PM

You can only franchise a player for two consequential years and players unwilling to be traded are very hard to trade. They have a chance to get full use of him this year or let him come back in 9 weeks and do a Joey Galloway, destroy team chemistry and basically do nothing. League created dumb franchise rules which allow players to bypass the tags so easily and GMs just try to do the best they can with rules.

John Doe
09-04-2007, 07:13 PM
That Pioli character just aint right in the head.

He will never build a winner.

Elminster
09-04-2007, 07:54 PM
That Pioli character just aint right in the head.

He will never build a winner.
It is clear to me that Robert Kraft is CHEAP. Why won't he pay Asante Samuel? He's irreplaceable, just like Willie McGinest!:biggrin:

YardRat
09-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Marv leads, others follow.

SquishDaFish
09-04-2007, 07:56 PM
:roflmao:

justasportsfan
09-04-2007, 08:06 PM
I think the other GM's are becoming senile like Marv.

OpIv37
09-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Someone thought Clements was worth $60 million and we got nothing for him. But it's fine- you guys go right ahead and defend that kind of crap. Just don't ***** when we don't win.

Goobylal
09-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Hello! Yes someone thought he was worth $60M. I doubt they thought he was worth $60M AND a 1st round draft pick. You think that the Bears and Pats didn't try to trade Briggs and Samuel? Or that the Bills didn't try and trade Clements last year?

OpIv37
09-04-2007, 09:30 PM
they let a very valuable player go for NOTHING. If they tried and failed, they still failed.

oh, and the Briggs and Samuel situations occurred late in FA, ie, AFTER most teams had used up their cap space. If they had done it on the first day of FA, it may have gone much differently.

Goobylal
09-04-2007, 09:49 PM
What situations occurred late? They were franchised just prior to the start of FA when everyone had tons of cap room (and several teams still DO have tons of cap room). They were there for a 1st rounder and gobs of money from the get-go. They just signed their tenders late because either they didn't get any trade offers (Briggs and Samuel) or because they weren't being offered the 1-year deal with no future franchise deal (Samuel).

The last franchised player to be traded was Tebucky Jones, just a month after the Bills traded Peerless Price for a 1st. Except the Pats didn't get near a 1st rounder for Jones. Again, no franchise player will be traded again.