PDA

View Full Version : Here is the last prediction thread before the first game and I know it's right

Mitchy moo
09-04-2007, 08:58 PM
We all start 0-0 and no one here has a F-in clue how the season is going to go. I am sick and tired of Fin fans coming on here and trying to Dump in my soup.

All of you go into hiding after the Dolphins fall off the face of the season and we get mentioned in the playoff hunt. Remember we killed you guys last year and you drafted higher because you lost more, so plan on more pain.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2007, 09:08 PM
We all start 0-0 and no one here has a F-in clue how the season is going to go. I am sick and tired of Fin fans coming on here and trying to Dump in my soup.

All of you go into hiding after the Dolphins fall off the face of the season and we get mentioned in the playoff hunt. Remember we killed you guys last year and you drafted higher because you lost more, so plan on more pain.

No one has a clue how the season is going to go or just Fin fans?

When was the last time the Bills were in the playoff hunt?

OpIv37
09-04-2007, 09:15 PM
that 0-0 stuff is a bunch of crap. Some teams are much better than others even though they all technically have the same record at this point.

And no one knows for sure what's going to happen, but people who follow football can make pretty reasonable predictions.

Funny how we never hear any of this 0-0 garbage on the rare occasion when people pick the Bills to win the division.

Mitchy moo
09-04-2007, 09:24 PM
that 0-0 stuff is a bunch of crap. Some teams are much better than others even though they all technically have the same record at this point.

And no one knows for sure what's going to happen, but people who follow football can make pretty reasonable predictions.

Funny how we never hear any of this 0-0 garbage on the rare occasion when people pick the Bills to win the division.

So you picked The Chicago bears to make to SB last year, right? Was that a reasonable prediction?? How about the Jets, we're they a post season lock after a 4-12 season?? They finished 2nd behind NE in our division last year, remember?? How about NO after the hurricanes destroyed their area and the locals wrecked the Superdome?? Did you give them the reasonable prediction?

Make a pretty reasonable prediction, please. If you had those 3 teams pegged to do that well, your a rich gambling man.

Mitchy moo
09-04-2007, 09:28 PM

Week 15 last season, We also locked Miami out mathematically because if they tied us we won the first tie breaker head to head we owned because our 2 game abuse on them knocked them out many weeks earlier.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Why is it that every freaking time I log onto this forum someone is picking a fight rather then haveing an intellegent discussion?

jeesh!

raphael120
09-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Because you have :spam: threads like this

ptd86
09-05-2007, 12:21 AM

We were in the playoff hunt late last season big guy, i guess thats a long time a go

jamze132
09-05-2007, 02:32 AM
This thread has a "Mild Traumatic Brain Injury".

Wally The Barber
09-05-2007, 05:10 AM

I am going to the Miami game down here in Florida and I has not bought my tickets.
Why? Because I will get them for free when the Dolphin fans desert the team somewhere in Early October.

Just like last year!

Mitchy moo
09-05-2007, 06:16 AM
I am going to the Miami game down here in Florida and I has not bought my tickets.
Why? Because I will get them for free when the Dolphin fans desert the team somewhere in Early October.

Just like last year!

The one's that do go won them off all the radio shows while fanning themselves at shady acres. The folks down there make the tampa fans seem like outright scholars.

After we beat the fins last year in Miami, I heard no taunting or jeers from the locals. We also we're in a box a few hours after the game so it was later until we left, so that might explain it.

mybills
09-05-2007, 06:51 AM
oh, it's the smack zone forum..no wait, I thought I clicked on the Bills zone forum..no wait...

FinFaninBuffalo
09-05-2007, 07:01 AM
We were in the playoff hunt late last season big guy, i guess thats a long time a go

You'd have to stretch the meaning of "in the playoff hunt" to come to that conclusion. By your definition, Miami was in the playoff hunt at week 14 last season since their records were identical. Funny I've never read a comment by a Bills fans that called the Fin a playoff contender last season. I wonder why?

justasportsfan
09-05-2007, 07:55 AM

So when the people who predicted the jets and bills to finish last and the fins to go to the sb were WAAAYYYYY off , does that make them football stupid? The results showed their predictions were unreasonable.

This thread is a douche IMO, however.

HHURRICANE
09-05-2007, 07:56 AM

Yes Skooby. And you realize there is some "Skooby" clone on the Cleveland or Raiders site giving the same line of crap.

We started 0-0 the last 7 years, just as a reminder.

I'll watch the game on Sunday, pray the Bills win, but won't be shocked if we get torched by Henry.

OpIv37
09-05-2007, 08:06 AM
So you picked The Chicago bears to make to SB last year, right? Was that a reasonable prediction?? How about the Jets, we're they a post season lock after a 4-12 season?? They finished 2nd behind NE in our division last year, remember?? How about NO after the hurricanes destroyed their area and the locals wrecked the Superdome?? Did you give them the reasonable prediction?

Make a pretty reasonable prediction, please. If you had those 3 teams pegged to do that well, your a rich gambling man.

first, I didn't predict anyone to make the SB last year because I don't have time to pay enough attention to all the other teams to know, so don't personalize this. Second, obviously no prediction is perfect and there are always surprises, but the fact that surprises happen from time to time in NO WAY makes the Bills a better team. Third, if you're a gambling man, you're a very poor one if you honestly think the Bills and say, the Colts or the Bears, have equal shots at winning at this point.

OpIv37
09-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Why is it that every freaking time I log onto this forum someone is picking a fight rather then haveing an intellegent discussion?

jeesh!

it's a little hard to have an intelligent discussion when the first post in the thread is anti-intellectual drivel predicated on hope that stems merely from the fact that a possibility exists rather than from any logical or factual basis to suggest the possibility will occur.

Mitchy moo
09-05-2007, 08:42 AM
. Third, if you're a gambling man, you're a very poor one if you honestly think the Bills and say, the Colts or the Bears, have equal shots at winning at this point.

There is this thing called the line and it helps even things out. I never said the Bills would have the same shot. What I meant is no matter how bleak it looks going into a season, you cannot be sure of anything including, "pretty reasonable predictions".

Just keep in mind that 0-0 means no one has won or lost yet. Many people here have judged our team by their pre-season effort, which is not a good idea.

Mitchy moo
09-05-2007, 08:46 AM
it's a little hard to have an intelligent discussion when the first post in the thread is anti-intellectual drivel predicated on hope that stems merely from the fact that a possibility exists rather than from any logical or factual basis to suggest the possibility will occur.

The mere fact that other factors may come into play leads us to the conclusion that all outcomes must be equally considered. In your mind the Bills are out of it and the teams that did well last year are going to do equally as well. In all honesty it's a self defense mechanism that keeps you from being hurt by a potentially negative outcome. It also makes you a fair weather fan, here's to sunshine.

OpIv37
09-05-2007, 08:50 AM
There is this thing called the line and it helps even things out. I never said the Bills would have the same shot. What I meant is no matter how bleak it looks going into a season, you cannot be sure of anything including, "pretty reasonable predictions".

Just keep in mind that 0-0 means no one has won or lost yet. Many people here have judged our team by their pre-season effort, which is not a good idea.

Really? So just because the word in front of "season" changes from "pre" to regular"
-Robert Royal will suddenly learn to block
-Tim Anderson will stop sucking
-Larry Tripplett will stop being neutralized on every play
-Keith Ellison will learn to tackle and stop overpursuing
-JP's passes will will get more accurate
-the OL will learn how to run block
-Peerless Price will run better routes
-Josh Reed will finally reach the potential that he's never reached in 4 seasons
-Ko Simpson will stop being out of position

Somehow, I doubt the word "regular" has that much power. You seem to forget that none of our opponents were game-planning either and while it can be difficult to evaluate teams based on pre season, it's much easier to evaluate players because they don't magically get a new skill set once the regular season starts.

Bucsfan4ever
09-05-2007, 08:57 AM
This Bucs fan has picked the Bills to win in ALL of my pickems, so....

:gobills:

Mitchy moo
09-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Somehow, I doubt the word "regular" has that much power. You seem to forget that none of our opponents were game-planning either and while it can be difficult to evaluate teams based on pre season, it's much easier to evaluate players because they don't magically get a new skill set once the regular season starts.

We're the Bills game planning then?? So they would of played diffferenly as well right?

You have to face the fact that Pre-season events mean as much as underwear stains once the regular season begins. Did Bruce Smith ever even show up to training camp after he was a known monster?? I assume though we would of won a few more pre-season games if he played but why??

Marv has never given 2 craps about the pre-season and he just let his players go out and play. That is also one of the reason's why Edwards looked so amazingly good for a rookie with no real guidance or gameplan.

Your individual assessments mean less because we we're not in Regular season mode and the players on the field had little to no game-planning.

Mitchy moo
09-05-2007, 09:08 AM
This Bucs fan has picked the Bills to win in ALL of my pickems, so....

:gobills:

Smartest Bucs fan in the nation!!:cheers:

OpIv37
09-05-2007, 09:09 AM
We're the Bills game planning then?? So they would of played diffferenly as well right?

You have to face the fact that Pre-season events mean as much as underwear stains once the regular season begins. Did Bruce Smith ever even show up to training camp after he was a known monster?? I assume though we would of won a few more pre-season games if he played but why??

Marv has never given 2 craps about the pre-season and he just let his players go out and play. That is also one of the reason's why Edwards looked so amazingly good for a rookie with no real guidance or gameplan.

key word: AFTER. We don't have anyone on our roster that's a known monster with the exception of Evans and arguably Schobel. EVERYONE else has something to prove, and many guys sucked even when fighting for a starter spot or maybe a roster spot in general.

When there is someone on our D who is so good that offenses have to design their entire game plan around him (like Bruce Smith was), then that person can coast through pre season. Until that happens, everyone is still on trial and most of our team failed the trial.

Mitchy moo
09-05-2007, 09:13 AM
When there is someone on our D who is so good that offenses have to design their entire game plan around him (like Bruce Smith was), then that person can coast through pre season. Until that happens, everyone is still on trial and most of our team failed the trial.

I wouldn't say they failed, they just didn't pass with flying colors. Your also dead on about the Bruce thing but my point was Marv really never cared about the pre-season and the Bruce situation is just one of many examples to prove it. You also must realize that many players we're not fighting for the jobs as you said but we're just going through the motions to keep themselves healthy. We had a few roster spots open but many we're already filled irregardless of what was presented as others having a chance.

OpIv37
09-05-2007, 09:15 AM
I wouldn't say they failed, they just didn't pass with flying colors. Your also dead on about the Bruce thing but my point was Marv really never cared about the pre-season and the Bruce situation is just one of many examples to prove it.

but those teams were different- those teams were proven. This team isn't. They need all the practice they can get.

Mitchy moo
09-05-2007, 09:21 AM
They need all the practice they can get.

You can say the same about a majority of all the teams, practice never hurts.:cheers:

TigerJ
09-05-2007, 11:39 AM
I think the Patriots have to be picked to with the division, though there are chinks in the armor over in New England. I think Miami brings up the rear while Buffalo and the Jets fight over second place and a possible wild card berth. The latter is far from guaranteed though.

HAMMER
09-05-2007, 11:53 AM

See Skooby, you shouldn't be so hard on the DolFans. It only took a few posts for a Bills "Fan" to douche in your Cheerios.

OpIv37
09-05-2007, 11:57 AM
See Skooby, you shouldn't be so hard on the DolFans. It only took a few posts for a Bills "Fan" to douche in your Cheerios.

Stupid posts require smart ass answers, and his post was incredibly stupid.

Mitchy moo
09-05-2007, 01:36 PM

I'll be serving him a bowl come week 4.

patmoran2006
09-05-2007, 02:01 PM
34-13 Denver.

Mitchy moo
09-05-2007, 02:20 PM
34-13 Denver.

I don't expect Cutler to have many passing yards, so plan on being wrong.

OpIv37
09-05-2007, 02:27 PM
I don't expect Cutler to have many passing yards, so plan on being wrong.

won't matter when Henry has 120+ on the ground.

justasportsfan
09-05-2007, 02:42 PM
but those teams were different- those teams were proven. This team isn't. They need all the practice they can get.
they weren't proven after their first year with Marv . What year are we in under Marv and Dick?

OpIv37
09-05-2007, 03:11 PM
they weren't proven after their first year with Marv . What year are we in under Marv and Dick?

that's not what he said- he was talking about when Bruce was proven to be a monster, which was after the team started winning- not the early day's of Marv's coaching stint here.

justasportsfan
09-05-2007, 03:14 PM
that's not what he said- he was talking about when Bruce was proven to be a monster, which was after the team started winning- not the early day's of Marv's coaching stint here.
Marv's camp has always been a resort compared to other camps from day 1.

Mitchy moo
09-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Marv's camp has always been a resort compared to other camps from day 1.

Bingo, that's my point. We don't play to win in the pre-season when it's club Marv, so judging the team by meaningless games is meaningless in itself.