X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Lee Evans vs Champ Bailey

This will be Evans best chance to tell the Bills management - show me the money.

Whichever way you look at it, Bailey is THE best corner in NFL today. Bar none! Bruce Smith went as far as calling him the best defensive player in NFL right now.

There is no doubt in my mind that he'll be matched up against Evans all day. I just don't know if Denver will roll a safety on Evans as well. If they match him on Evans one-on-one, I really believe this will be case at least 50% of the time, then we'll see how Mr. Evans handle the very top defender in this league. What do you think his agent is telling him right now? How about "having a big game and I'll get you the biggest contract in wide receiver history?"

It will also give Losman and Fairchild a stiff test. If Losman places the ball in a wrong spot, Bailey is very good at picking it up. And how much Fairchild trust Losman to allow him to throw at Bailey's direction?
  • HendersonD06
    • Oct 2005

Re: The Individual Battle of Denver Game

One thing Champ does is completely shut down the right side of the field for opposing Offenses. J.P Losman should should accept the fact and move on.

One way to attack Champ is through the running game. He may be a fast, quick, and smart CB in the secondary for the Broncos, But he's not a strong, physicall or even aggressive CB as far as stuffing the run goes for that Denver Defense.

Now I have seen Champ get beat before... He loves to jump the lanes, so if L.Evans can make a hard stop and fake like he's running a out, curl or comeback route, and J.P hits the perfect Pump fake... Champ may just bite, I'v seen him do it more than acouple times...

He's great but he's not god, he's still human. But it's still a smart idea for any QB... Not only J.P to keep the ball away from Champs area code.

I think the Bills should attack D.Bly who is new in this Denver D from St.Louis and can be very suspect in the passing game for the simple fact it's week one and he's the starting #2 CB in a brand new system.

With all that said... Since I'm a Jets fan... Sorry Buffalo fans, But I gotta say go Denver this game. But I promise I will be rooting for you all come week 3.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Evans usually plays the left side of the field though... I don't think they will switch Champ Baily to the other side to match him up on Evans. Corners generally dont like to switch sides. So I think its actually Bly that will match up on Evans most of the time.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
        Evans usually plays the left side of the field though... I don't think they will switch Champ Baily to the other side to match him up on Evans. Corners generally dont like to switch sides. So I think its actually Bly that will match up on Evans most of the time.

if this is true, the good news is that Evans will have an easier time against Bly than Bailey. The bad news is that JP likes to look to Josh Reed, and Bailey might be lined up on him. That's a total mismatch in Denver's favor.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Lee Evans vs Champ Bailey

Can't wait to see that battle.

Hopefully JP will get some time to throw and make it a fair fight

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
            if this is true, the good news is that Evans will have an easier time against Bly than Bailey. The bad news is that JP likes to look to Josh Reed, and Bailey might be lined up on him. That's a total mismatch in Denver's favor.
            Price will match-up with Bailey. Reed and Parrish will get either Paymah or Foxworth.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

assuming reed isn't the #2- sometimes he is.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• hydro
                • Oct 2005

Re: Lee Evans vs Champ Bailey

pretty sure there is already a thread about this...
                BERNIAC!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                  pretty sure there is already a thread about this...

Comment

• Oaf
                    Do you read what you write?
                    • Jun 2007

In the previous seasons, Evans has gotten off to a slower start and has then steadily accelerated. If matched up against Bailey all game, I think 3 or 4 catches for 50-60 yards would be reasonable stats.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
                      This will be Evans best chance to tell the Bills management - show me the money.

Whichever way you look at it, Bailey is THE best corner in NFL today. Bar none! Bruce Smith went as far as calling him the best defensive player in NFL right now.

There is no doubt in my mind that he'll be matched up against Evans all day. I just don't know if Denver will roll a safety on Evans as well. If they match him on Evans one-on-one, I really believe this will be case at least 50% of the time, then we'll see how Mr. Evans handle the very top defender in this league. What do you think his agent is telling him right now? How about "having a big game and I'll get you the biggest contract in wide receiver history?"

It will also give Losman and Fairchild a stiff test. If Losman places the ball in a wrong spot, Bailey is very good at picking it up. And how much Fairchild trust Losman to allow him to throw at Bailey's direction?
                      The game is bigger than Evans trying to prove himself. I hope JP uses his head and doesn't try to force the issue.

JP has other weapons. Use them.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

I'd love to see Evans put up some obscene stat line like 4 catches for 130 yards and 2 TD's but I don't see it happening.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                          • Feb 2005

Champ Bailey will likely be lined up against Evans for most of the game, but they will find a way to get Evans the ball, period.

Comment

• The Answer
                            The Plagiarist
                            • Mar 2007

The Answer has a feeling that Peerless Price is going to have a huge game this sunday.....

~The Answer

Comment

• Slim
                              • Apr 2004

Evans will get his touches, wheather its short slants or screens, he's a lock to get atleast 5 receptions.

Comment

Working...
                              X